News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Final Fantasy d6 game

Started by Anastasia, November 27, 2012, 08:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

System: Final Fantasy d6 (A link to it can be found here, using version 1.3 for now.)
Number of players: 4. Possibly 5 if I feel I have an extremely strong group.
Times: Once a week on a day to be determined, with game time sometime in the evening (EST) to be determined.

I'm looking to run a Final Fantasy flavored game come January. This will be a homage to the older school Final Fantasy games, and in particular I draw from Final Fantasy 1, 4, 5, 6 and FFT. Minor elements from Final Fantasy 7-10 may occur, but they aren't the focus nor should they be common.

What I'm looking for right now is interested parties. This isn't a commitment, but instead a declaration of interest. Let me know if you're game, download the book and take a gander at things. I'm not looking for completed character sheets yet or anything like that. You're welcome to make characters if you want, but there's no obligation to yet. Sometime around Christmas I'll be posting campaign information and see to figuring out a gaming group from the various interested parties.

Declarations of interest and questions welcome.

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Merc

Tentative interest.

It depends mostly on work load come January for me, and what day gets selected for gaming, so I may bow out later on.

System looks kinda interesting to try out though, and it sounds like you're doing fun stuff preparing like an 8-bit overworld map and such. And maybe this will encourage me to actually dig out games from my collection and finishing an FF game.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Iron Dragoon

I have tentative interest in your new game.

However, as school proved in Planar 2, my class schedule changes every 9 weeks or so. As I only have 6 classes left, I have very little choice in this; if a class is on game day, and there aren't any other classes I need, I have to take it.

Also, I've had an interview for a job, but it's a 2nd shift job. 3pm to Midnight. I won't know if I got the job until Dec. 10, and if I do, I imagine it'll be an issue.

That be where I stand. Like I said, I have interest, but also potential problems. If nothing else, keep it in mind for later on or something, I guess.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Taishyr

Statement of potential interest submitted.

VySaika

Definitely interested~ Usual "can play any day but weekends" thing goes here.

Also I checked over the system, and it looks pretty decent. Lot of work for the GM, but pretty smooth on the player end.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Zephyrus

Tentative interest. Graduation and job search looms.

Dracos

Tentative.  Depends on the group.  I've glanced over a bit of the system.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Nice. Thanks to everyone so far that's shown interest. If anyone else is interested, feel free to speak up.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay. I will be posting the next information update on the 24th or 25th of December. Merry Christmas! In the meantime, a quick pair of announcements.

The first session will likely be a combat tutorial. It will only partially be in character, as I'd like a chance for us to familiarize ourselves with things before we begin. Nothing there will count for the real game, so don't worry about dying or anything like that.

The game will begin in Glacierwind Valley. It's a remote kingdom in a tucked away valley. Why, if it wasn't for those old ruins left behind from a millenia old empire and the monsters coming from the mountains, it would be downright sleepy! Bear this in mind for your prep. You don't need to be from there, but you need to be there and not going anywhere anytime soon for game start.
<Afina> Forever.

VySaika

So to toss this out there for the other folks thinking about joining, any thoughts as to what class you'll be going for?

Monk is my first choice, with Samurai as my second.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Dracos

What sort of time of day are we thinking of? :) 

And I'll have to refamiliarize.  Been a couple weeks since I looked.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

We'll figure that out come Christmas time when I get a player base. Probably a weekday evening.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

For whatever it's worth for early consideration, Mondays and Tuesdays would work best for me.

As for my character, I'd like to play a Geomancer.

Anastasia

Generally all classes should be okay and can be worked in. As long as we have a decent party and probably a healer. Unless y'all wanna rely on items.
<Afina> Forever.