News:

"Our arrogance is our power."

Main Menu

Final Fantasy d6 game

Started by Anastasia, November 27, 2012, 08:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on December 25, 2012, 09:24:39 PM
For the weapons, I have written down for myself a Tier 1 weapon and Tier 1 armor which comes out to 250, I assume that's just going to be the case regardless of what actual items you come up with?

More or less. Items may vary slightly in cost, but it shouldn't matter much here. No more than a 5-15 gil range either way.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Quote from: Nephrite on December 25, 2012, 09:24:39 PMFor the weapons, I have written down for myself a Tier 1 weapon and Tier 1 armor which comes out to 250, I assume that's just going to be the case regardless of what actual items you come up with?

Yeah, you're pretty limited in options for level 1, pretty much everyone is going to pick up one of the following:

• 1x weapon, 1x armor, 1x accessory
  • 1x weapon, 1x armor, 1x shield, various consumables
  • 2x weapon, 1x armor, various consumables

On a different note, I've been building an excel character sheet for this game. Not sure why, since I tend to prefer notepad character sheets, let's chalk it up to whimsy.

Someone test it out to see if functionality from conditional formatting and active x combo boxes is working out okay. Not sure how much more effort I'll put into it at this point, but suggestions to improving it are also welcome.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Taishyr

Dune DM question: would taking Shieldbearer for one of my early skills and declaring shields as my Huge weapon category permit me to use a tower shield as my weapon from L1, or would I have to wait until L2 equipment was affordable and pull stuff like the Gemini shenanigans Merc was talking about?

EDIT: This is actually gonna mainly be relevant for when we first level up, as I'm switching my skill order to have Reckoning L1/MP Stroll L1 first.

EDIT 2: It does basically look like Gemini shenanigans are needed, so it can wait until then.

Dracos

Mmm...   :(

Well, got a sheet mostly ready but
* dracos_ blinks and realizes something:  7 pm what time zone?
<toro-yourethebirds> ... this is a very pertinent point. >_>
<Kotono> EST...which is probably too early for you so we can push it up a bit.
<dracos_> waaaay too early :(.  but like 3 hours.
<Kotono> Wow, you can't make it until 10 PM EST? I thought you were earlier than that.
<toro-yourethebirds> ... :/ and starting at 10 plays hell with my own sleep schedule.
<Kotono> Well fuckballs. Post about that and I'll see what we can do.
<dracos_> 10 PM EST = 7 pm PST.  I wouldn't feel comfortable promising any hour before then because the odds are always good that there's some mess at work that requires my attention still at by 6 pm.
<dracos_> Was why I was worried about timing before anything else early on.

It appears I am a timing issue for the game schedule.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Okay, what's the latest everyone can stay up to? Let's start there and see.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

4 am EST? :P  Sorry, I just had to put the silly end point.  Hopefully something works out, if not though, I wouldn't want to drag everyone else superlate just so I could join.
Well, Goodbye.

Nephrite

At the moment, 2 am EST is my max, but that may change depending on job-related things.

Taishyr

I... can't promise consistency if we try starting at 10:00 PM, due to my own sleep schedule needing to be reasonably strict lest I lapse back into insomniac phases. The latest I could probably do is midnight - 1 AM EST is a possibility, but that's pretty pushing it.

VySaika

3AM EST is my latest, I'd prefer to stop around 2. That's 12AM PST, preferring to stop at 11PM PST.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Anastasia

Assuming a moment that Merc can swing 1 AM EST as an end point, we'd need to start at 9 PM EST, which is 6 PM PST for Drac. Drac, is that realistic for you at all?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

No way, unfortunately I won't be able to stay up that late, not unless we game on a Friday.

I'd get 5 hours of sleep at best (assuming I dropped unconscious right at game end) before going to work otherwise.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Okay then, we have two options. Lemme know which ones you prefer, y'all. Majority will carry.

1. We game from 9 PM EST to 1 AM EST. This excludes Merc from playing.
2. We game from 7 PM (ish or so) to 11 PM EST. This excludes Drac from playing.

There's no good choice here and it sucks having to choose, but so it goes. Which one do you all want?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Taishyr

Sadly have to vote for the earlier game time; as I mentioned, I can't really be confident I can stay up until 1 AM, myself.

Sorry, Dracos. :/

Dracos

What about Friday?  Does that work?
Well, Goodbye.