News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Game Over

Started by Ebiris, December 02, 2012, 12:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Posting to confirm for posterity that the game has ended, but also putting up a thread for you guys to ask any questions about stuff you never saw IC or was coming ahead. I'll keep this up for a week or so before the board gets oldgamed.

Sierra

I think we covered most of it in chat, but:

-Was there any particular reason crab of space was especially interested in Lucie?
-So Zani was exiled or something, but we were never nosy enough to find out the details.
-Generally curious about whatever plans you had for the future.

Corwin

Lucie wouldn't die even when she was killed!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Carthrat

What would've happened if Rudy willingly used that book of torture to gain power at the expense of sanity?
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Ebiris

Like Cor said, the crab crunched Lucie's head and ate her brain, but suddenly her head was uncrunched and her brain was back in it! It really wanted to eat her brain and find out how she did that!

Zani was an elven princess of sorts, as daughter of a tribal chief. She ran away from home in an act of teenage rebellion and wound up on a ship to Pranneria where she eventually fell in with the Jade Ravens. Would've come up if you guys went to Cimmeria.

The book would've powered up Myra at Rudy's expense. Mental stats get sacced for her physical stats, then physical stats get sacced for her to get bonus feats, and then levels are sacced to increase her level, in a repeating cycle following that order. It would've been ability drain/level drain basically, and if ever healed Myra would lose her corresponding bonuses.

As for future plans? There was a war brewing which you guys had done a good job of pushing forward, so you'd have been involved in that either as part of the army or as spies going ahead to work with the local uprising through your Collective contacts. After that Lavinia would've gotten involved with founding a colony in Cimmeria, so after a harrowing sea journey you'd hopefully end up there. I'd mentally pegged Jovar as coming next (with an appropriate confrontation with the Undying Emperor) and then bouncing back between Pranneria and the lost continent of treasures and dangers. If you'd gone to the big empire in the middle of Pranneria I'd have devised some way to get you roped into a Boufbowl tournament.

Also I can finally come clean and admit that the opening to the campaign was cribbed wholesale from the Savage Tide adventure path, the Trials of Larazod play was taken from The Council of Thieves adventure path, and the Demon Wolf adventure was modified and ripped off from a Neverwinter Nights module (The Maimed God Saga if you're curious – I'd recommend it even if you've been spoiled on the villain, it has a good arc after the Demon Wolf and you'd get to see parts you never saw in the game but were assumed to be there offscreen). Did anyone recognise them?

Sierra

I am not familiar with any of those things, so no!

Dracos

*glances in*  Congratulations on running a 93 session long game, Eb over nearly 2 years.  That's some pretty impressive gametime.

Tap me if you're ready to old-games this.
Well, Goodbye.