News:

"Our arrogance is our power."

Main Menu

House Rules

Started by Anastasia, December 29, 2012, 02:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

1. Rule of monster drops are special. Equipment dropped or stolen from monsters may be special and break the usual rules for equipment.
2. Rule of the drop system sucks. I'm using my own, d100 based percentile drop system in place of the flat 50% drop system. The exact numbers will be adjusted as I come to grasps with the system.
3. Rule of no grinding. You level up at fitting plot points and XP is not tallied. If this screws up any subsystems you're interested in, let me know and we'll work something out.
4. Rule of quotes and destiny. Everyone gets the 1 bonus point of destiny, as a quote is mandatory. I'd rather all of you get the point or none of you, rather than leaving it optional. It's not much effort anyway.
5. Rule of sucking less at level 1. You do not round down to zero for calculating your ACC at level 1. This does not apply to any other level, so you'll have 1 ACC from your levels from level 1 to 3.
6. Rule of more class changes, part 1. Whenever the party defeats a boss, everyone gets a free class change like the ability Onion Knight.
7. Rule of more class changes, part 2. When you change class, you may instead spend 4 points of destiny and 1 ability slot. If you do, you learn the innate ability of the previous class. For example, a Thief changing into a Gambler could keep Steal in this manner. You can only have two innate abilities at a time. You can choose to lose an old one if you wish to gain a new one.
8. Rule of boss HP shenanigans. Notorious monster, boss and final boss HPs are subject to DM discretion. Sometimes I want 'em higher, sometimes I want 'em lower.
9. Rule of old school undead. Certain undead and other creatures have a new status ailment to inflict, as described here. New status: Paralysis. As sleep, except that damage does not end the status. However, you are allowed a new opposed force check each round to end the status. If you have not yet lost a round to paralysis, doing so takes up your turn. If you already have lost a round, doing so does not take up your turn.
10. Rule of initiative needs to suck less. At the start of combat, everyone rolls 2d6 plus their finesse and initiative goes from low to high. Ties are broken in favor of the PCs. Initiative lasts for the whole combat and cycles at the end of the round.
11. Rule of making heaps of gil: Gillionare's mercantile difficult check is equal to the difficulty of crafting the item.
12. Rule of OH FUCK POISON! Particularly venomous and nasty creatures have the following new status ailment. New status: Vile Poison. As poison, except that it deals 40% HP damage per round and cannot be cured by an Antidote or Poisona spell. Immunity to poison stops vile poison.
13. Rule of limit breaks. You get limit breaks by achieving certain (hidden) goals. Think FF7's limit breaks except with no demystification from an FAQ. Limit breaks are awarded after boss battles right after the destiny gain. This may mean you earn a limit break but don't gain it until you defeat a boss. There are multiple limit breaks per character, but the second and on require having learned the previous as a condition. More information about limit breaks will be learned as you unlock them.
14. Rule of bunching. When I bunch several weaker enemies together (such as a swarm of imps or whatever), they may act together on one init tick. Despite this, they are still discrete monsters and multi-target attacks are fully effective. This is just an abstraction to make DMing easier.
15. Rule of better teamwork: Dual wielding's reroll can be used with teamwork attacks.
16. Rule of instant death. Rare creatures have the ability to instantly debilitate a character.New status: Instant Death. Instantly reduces the target to zero HP. Despite the name, this does not instantly kill PCs. However, they may be finished off as normal thereafter.
17. Rule of cover making sense. Cover uses the defensive stats of the character using cover, not the character being protected.
18. Rule of clarifying berserk. You can only use normal physical attacks while berserked. Being berserked ends any abilities you are charging except for normal attacks under slow or similar circumstances.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?