News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Planning

Started by Ebiris, January 05, 2013, 02:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

So, of the choices of where to go next, I'm inclined to pick Arvandor. The 'lord of midnight feathers' is a pretty distinctive title, and if we find him we find our guy, so it's probably the easiest one to hunt down right now.

Carthrat

I'm game for that, if we can find portals to do so easy enough.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Corwin

I hate you guys. (might as well)
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Carthrat

So I'm going to spend time at home getting people jobs! I'm sure Stephanie, as a rich and absolutely charming merchant, already has the local knowledge and contacts to start making things happen.

I figure I can hook the faeries up with a theater house, they're sufficiently novel (and presumably skilled) that getting them a shot in some common play should be pretty easy. Same sort of plan up for the Modron, too, except instead of theater, I imagine he'd be better off working with his hands/appendages/hooks. I'll try to find him someplace that could use specialized help of his nature (an actual dollmaker? a machinist? hell, if one won't hire him, I can front him rent money for a while and he can start his own shop. Although he'll need a business adviser, surely. To handle the marketing and such. Hmm.)

I've got no clue at all with the zombie, but he seems savvy enough to know what he wants and could just ask for it. Maybe Julia could help him find a place instead, he's more up her alley (but I do want the portrait!)

Corwin

I'm confident I can come to a suitable arrangement with the gith over conditions and compensation~

I'll give Morgan my card in case he changes his mind and wants to Clear His Name (tm). Stephanie is surely better with the fairies, but I can probably help her look for a suitable spot for the robot.

And I guess I'll offer the old woman a place, but only until we leave for Earth. It can't be helped. It also sadly takes up all my available space so there is none left for roaming undead.

Ebiris

Unfortunately Julia isn't part of a necromantic cabal nor does she have contacts with the undead union. Still, she can throw some mostly covering sheets over Alistair and say he has an infectious disease that the sheets are warded to keep from spreading?

Carthrat

Oh, for posterity, I want to pay some informants to keep an eye on Morgan, and I'll let the church+leah know what his situation is.

Carthrat

Also!

I'll make some inquiries of Darla and try to figure out what sort of stuff people really need on the Plane of Earth, but is scarce. (My aim is to buy up high-demand stuff here as cheap as possible, and then either sell it for profit or undercut the Dao.)

Sierra

Darla replies that luxury goods in general will see you in good stead. It's tough enough feeding one person on the plane of Earth, much less a whole town of them, and there's no reliable local source for things like fancy clothes, exotic fabrics, sweets and spices. The local diet is mostly mushrooms, and with the lack of fodder for livestock, fresh meat is a rarity.

You'll find no market for jewelry or weapons, though--with ready access to plentiful mineral resources, producing both is much of the town's livelihood.

Generally noted with regard to the various transplanted misfits you've installed in new lives in Amaranth. No doubt they will have much to say (or others will have much to say about them) when next you return.

Carthrat

I want to catch up with my foster father and give him the cool portrait I've got! And also talk about things with him?

Other than that, I want to go see how Ron's doing, and check up on that Morgan guy.

Corwin

I want to check the market for houses, both for myself and for Julia. Also, check in on my gith majordomo to see if she likes the job.

Ebiris

I want to get a house, kit it out as a necromantic lair of evil, and then work on my army of the dead.

Carthrat

Oh! And I want to go to a merchant guild and try to arrange them to open a route to Earth.

Corwin

So we can ask the city 10 simple one word answer questions. And also track a person down with magic if we like. Any ideas for questions we might want to ask?

Carthrat

Stephanie hopes to establish a trade route between Peridot and Amaranth, and thus reap the proceeds of interplanar commerce.

She's asked Thela to be the caravan master, on account of her knowledge of the plane. The responsibility for organizing defences, selecting goods, and the like will be placed upon her. She seems to know her way around gold, after all.

Stephanie will try to partner with a local guild of some sort, who ideally will match her investment and help provide logistical services. She'll try and pull in other investors as well. She'll also put in a good word at the Temple of Pelor to see if she can't get some cleric assigned to travel with the group, because survival and success rates in most ventures seem to increase when clerics are present.

I'll invest 20,000gp into this, which should be ample money for hiring guards and purchasing sufficient merchandise.