News:

"Our arrogance is our power."

Main Menu

Planning

Started by Ebiris, January 05, 2013, 02:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sierra

Rosey is more than happy to second Steph's recommendation to the temple, of course!

Otherwise, duly noted, results later~

Corwin

Before we plane shift, can I ask the stone in the overseer's office what happened?

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/stoneTell.htm

Maybe we'll hear anything about Galina and her intentions/allies.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Sierra

The stone remembers foremost that it was once a great mountain. You have to wade through reminiscence of rain, wind, snow, and tectonic upheaval before it can be coaxed into remembering something more recent. In the time after it was pried from its home and laid here as a floor--and how did that happen, anyway, it was so quick by a mountain's reckoning, hardly the blink of an eye, who'd have thought gnats could undertake such work as to break down a mountain?--it recalls three principal mortals which frequently trod upon it:

-One, the resident of the room, walked with purpose. Stolid, surefooted and relentless. Pacing often, resting but little. When pressed, the stone that was a mountain carefully describes your vision of Polaris (yes, that particular vibration of harmonics was the designation all her underlings used; this other name was never spoken here until you arrived).

-Another, recognized as demonstrating advancing years (by a mortal's standards, long enough to register perhaps a brief yawn by a mountain's reckoning). Slow of gait, feeble, decrepit. An old man with glass over his eyes.

-And the third? Young, erratic in its movements, fervent. Obedient to the first. Recognized as different from the first two in a way the stone has difficulty identifying. Mixed kinship? Some mongrel sedimentary rock, someone should it teach it to parade its dirty boots around here--

Of their schemes, the stone that was a mountain does not comprehend, the murmurings of mortal windpipes being but the buzz of a fly in the face of its comprehension of eons, but it relates that their residence here lasted a duration which with some translation you could work out as two years. Similar reckoning implies that the facility was abandoned shortly after a conflict instigated by one of the little metal boxy creatures, and probably because of it. The stone that was a mountain approves of regularly-shaped boxy things, but not so much cold metal appendages rattling about over it without cease. It is satisfied that the metal devices bolted into the room below are gone. It was not comfortable with their presence. They made it question its nature.

The stone that was a mountain recognized the metal boxy creatures as operating according to orders of the resident of the room. Its terms are difficult to parse in mortal phrasing. Not servants, not partners, but...neighbors in their nature? The one igneous rock poured into molds and cooled, the other metamorphic, reshaped and reformed by tremendous pressure...but in the end of harmonious composition.

The stone that was a mountain approves of regular composition. The stone goes back to dreaming of days when it was a mountain, and it was one.

Sierra

As reminder post of things mentioned long ago and more recently, Azure presently plays host to the following loose ends:

-Vigilia is resident in the city at last report. A quick Sending from Rosemund provides the update that Vigilia is now residing at the Concordant Union temple.

-Aria Granville, sorceress late of Peridot on Earth, is reported to reside here. Her house on Peridot was mysteriously demolished and subsequently watched over by modrons (known to be employed in Polaris's outpost on Arcadia).

-The mercenary company known as The Furies resides here (as per Masuko, in "The Titan's Carcass"). There has been talk of hiring them for the rescue mission in Baator.

-The little information Brijid was able to recall after her rescue on Earth indicated that a member of the Sagacious Brotherhood named Wilfrid might be of some consequence in finding Polaris.

-Marcus reported that Galina and her group visited Azure in their journey of retribution. Nearby residents of Air confirm that a woman named Ione Demetrinous is most likely able to provide information as to who or what Galina's group was involved with while in the city.

Some of these threads could easily be picked up solo if there is inclination and/or time this week. Please confirm if interested/available, as I imagine it more efficient for pacing than sending the whole team everywhere for every errand.

Corwin

I'd be happy to visit the Furies (to explore the possibility of having them grab Jill from Baator) or Vigilia (to find out more about Polaris and invite her on a rescue mission to Pandemonium).

Carthrat

I don't know if I'm available, sadly. But I'd be happy to go follow up the various leads on Galina. Perhaps starting with Aria Granville?
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Ebiris

I'm generally available for a couple of hours after Dune's game. As for what to get involved in, Julia's most interested in catching up with Vigilia, though she could also follow up the Sagacious Brotherhood lead on Polaris.

Sierra

Okay. Eb, I could catch you Tuesday or Wednesday since Cor's availability is basically limited to Thursday/Friday? Rat, yeah, pretty much the only time for me to synch up with you is Sunday morning (your evening) sadly. I can PM stuff if Steph wants to go GI running on her own.

Anyone dragging a particular NPC along for the ride?

Ebiris

Where Julia goes, so goes Battersby.

Corwin

Carthrat

I'll diplomify, or try, my way to Aria Granville.

Carthrat

[20:54] <Serith> Kallen roll for Serith < 15 > [d20=3]

Ebiris

Assuming approval of Julia's level up, both her advanced learning spell and her feat involve using XP, which we don't have in the game.

Animate Dread Warrior takes 250xp per hd of undead created (template here) and Elemental Grafts use XP to create in the same way as any other magic items do.

Will we just do a conversion for money with the spell and have grafts cost the purchase price rather than the crafting price?

Sierra

Yes to the above, Eb.

Ebiris

Cool.

I don't think using a feat and paying full price is worth much for generic magic items unless you need something specific and can't get it made, but I doubt anyone would trust a random NPC to go grafting shit onto them.

The necromancer is much more trustworthy! (To say nothing of forcing grafts on unwilling captives before killing/minionising them)