News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Planning

Started by Ebiris, January 05, 2013, 02:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

I dunno, man. I think we will have ethical problems unless they're animals or something. It's one thing to murder someone and use their corpse for giggles/literal meatshield, but it's another to drag them to a lab, strap them to a table and then do invasive medical surgery so that they'll be more useful when they're dead. At least to me.

I doubt I'm up for becoming a magical cyborg, too, dunno about Franceska/Rosemund.

I really don't want to be a killjoy here but how do you see this working out in-game?
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Ebiris

I like the flavour and some of them are kinda useful. The water-elemental tongue one cures lots of inconvenient conditions and I like the idea that by having that when Julia becomes undead herself she'll still be able to taste things. Giving Thing the power to set things on fire by looking at them is pretty cool and could be useful when he's around but I wouldn't be able to leave him at home without expecting the place to burn down.

Hmm. I guess if it's really sketchy I can take a different feat, but it's late so I'll think on that tomorrow.

Carthrat

I don't have a problem with you grafting yourself or Thing!

It just hits me in all of the morals if we're kidnapping sentient people and Frankensteining them.

(demon-shaped outsiders and and unintelligent magical beasts/animals/etc don't count as people. succubi and erinyes do, though.)

Carthrat

I guess I'm also a bit worried about where the grafts come from- murdered elementals?

Plenty of dickish elementals out there, though. And still no problem using bits off our enemies.

We are all going to hell.

Sierra

Reanimating people that tried to kill you so that they might serve the greater good is one thing, but Rosey would probably have objections if you started capturing people alive for the purpose of experimenting on them. (Thing doesn't count. That's basically his reason for existing.)

Ebiris

Hmm, it's mostly fluff but yeah I'd mostly want to graft people who are potential minions since any outsiders I summon/kill/animate will have their own neat powers that surpass the grafts.

I'll swap it out for Mother Cyst which gives a bunch of fun spells.

Evil spells mind, but what adventurer doesn't like blowing dudes up in gory showers and having their animated organs attack their buddies?

Ebiris

Updated sheet now with Mother Cyst replacing Grafting.

Cid, some stuff I kill with cyst spells will turn into skulking cysts the turn after. The monster details are on page 120 of Libris Mortis as well as here, though the latter writeup doesn't detail its SLAs (darkness 3/day and necrotic cyst 1/day).

Notably they aren't automatically under Julia's control, so she'll take care not to explode people her friends are currently in melee with!

Carthrat

That's much better! Sullying your soul (and body, eww) with evil magic is totally okay.

(don't get any of that rotten ichor on the talent or we'll have words)

Sierra

Though we didn't quite get through all the local odds and ends I thought we would today, I should mention that Rosey will insist on going home to check in with her aunt and the temple before going to even more awful places where terrible things can happen to people. In light of this, it has been my anticipation that the party has some downtime at home due to them in the immediate future. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but it's the impression I got IC this morning as well (2/3 PCs say we're going home? We're probably going home).

In light of this, I'd like to know the following:

-Who you plan on hanging out with once you get home.
-What you might do there while Rosey tries to sort herself out.
-Any unfinished Azure business you'd prefer onscreen rather than handwaved.

Some of this I already know for plot-related reasons, but for planning purposes I wanted to be thorough and a get a sense of everyone's IC desires in Amaranth before we get there.

(Additionally, I am going to be out on the 27th of this month--though I have the weeks surrounding the weekend scheduled for vacation. So we'll definitely miss one group session in the near future but there's ample opportunity for side sessions around that time if desired.)

Corwin

-spend time with Rosemund
-show Marina around (possibly both at the same time)
-plant the dryad and ask Rosemund's help with the magic
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

At home Julia will stock up on spell components and try to planar bind Opal. (she'll have to buy a wand of magic circle vs evil too).

That's about it for her, barring summoning/killing/raising misc demons and devils which may or may not happen.

edit: Also getting Battersby and Maeander home will potentially be an issue. I guess hiding them in nearby forest and sneaking them in under cover of darkness works best?

Carthrat

There's not a lot I want to do in Azure.

At home, I'll try to find out how Thela has been doing and see if she hasn't brought us a tidy profit. I'll also be having a crisis of faith and spend a lot of time at church in prayer, and am prepared to furiously argue with anyone who gives Rosemund any shit (or me, come to think of it.) A lot happened lately that made me think. No doubt I'll drop in on Dad as well. Remaining time will probably be spent at seedy bars, picking fights.

I'm deeply torn over whether or not I want to try and become an air elemental and will be thinking about it. If I choose to do it, home will be where I drink the potion.

Carthrat

Oh, and I'll drop by and pay Franceska and Julia personal calls at some point. If we have time and stuff.

Carthrat

Corwin

I want to work out the Air stuff, see if Ione can make some headway with the Queen. That would pretty much decide for me if we're killing her or storing her in some stunned state or leaving her for therapy.

Then, we return to Solata and send a message to our friend the treacherous mage. Arrange a meeting somewhere, try to strike a bargain for the location of Leah's corpse. Possibly get evidence to try him in a court of law!

For the planar adventures, Pandemonium is next if everyone's cool with that.

And from the side stuff, see if our favorite drow has more memory marbles for us to give to Ione.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake