News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Planning

Started by Ebiris, January 05, 2013, 02:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Sierra

I imagine it fairly obvious by this point that my mind hasn't much been on this game the past couple months. Through combination of burnout with managing high-level characters and real-life problems that don't warrant elaboration here, GMing this year has felt more like a distracting chore than a worthwhile hobby and I've concluded that I would very much like to be able to direct my creative energies elsewhere.

However, this is not a game over post. I know from experience that an unfinished story is a source of perpetual regret, and it would be doubly unfortunate to stop this one while reasonably close to its conclusion (and said conclusion remains a thing that I genuinely look forward to, however unenthusiastic I've become about the daily business of getting there). I intend to see that this story gets an ending—but it's become a pressing personal need to get to that ending as quickly and efficiently as possible.

So this preamble serves in part as apology for what I have little doubt will be a rushed attitude on my part towards whatever unfinished threads we still have, and part as a request for people to decide what IC affairs they most need to have in order before the final confrontation. I admit my personal concern at this point is just properly wrapping up the plot, but I will try to find time for whatever individual business people want to sort out before the end if it can be neatly arranged without extensive diversion.

The principle things I personally see it necessary to resolve before the end are:

-Bringing the Queen back home to confront Leah's killer.
-Actually locating Polaris.

Otherwise I feel like the game's already made all the arguments it needed to make. Please sort out amongst yourselves what (if anything) else you'd consider it vitally important IC to resolve.

I regret any pall this disclosure might cast over the remaining sessions, but I thought it better to have it out in the open so the concluding events could be arranged properly rather than stewing in silence and covertly trying to steer people away from every possible distraction. At the start of the year my estimate was that closure could be here by June; with a lot of missed/half sessions behind us recently, I'm no longer 100% certain that's possible, but I'd still like to make every effort to shoot for wrap-up by the start of summer.

Corwin

Once everyone who needs to die in Hell dies, I'd like to resolve some things.
The two things you listed are a given.
Some stuff back home could probably tagged onto that.

I'd like to have my father, the erinyes tracker from Pandemonium and any contacts I've made do something about my mother. I have enough resources and human resources for him to operate, and he owes me so....

Maybe we can save the last dude from the Beastlands along with Jill?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Carthrat

I just want to attain elemental mastery, and possibly go on a hot date.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up