News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Brian Randall - 1/2014

Started by Dracos, January 18, 2014, 01:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogh-sensei

I think I'm still in shock. I don't know if the full import of this has hit me yet, but already it's weird thinking I won't see him logged into G+ or see any inbox notifications from his fanfic page again. I talked to him just the other day, he said he was changing jobs, getting out of the morass at his old gig. I said hi to him the morning he died.

Oh god. I might have set him on this path. Monday I posted him a link to an article that I thought he could work into Big Damn Hero.
http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Ftruthseekerdaily.com%2F2014%2F01%2Fscientists-claim-that-quantum-theory-proves-consciousness-moves-to-another-universe-at-death%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFfxBZhjbjMDYhh4w3zX9Q-fZkzuQ

I'm sorry Brian. You helped me more than you can know. I'll miss you.

Halbarad

I've been holding off on posting for a while, since I haven't really known what to say.

I'm mostly angry, at least at the moment. Angry at myself for missing the hints that he's been dropping for a while, angry at him for doing it at all. I want to smack him crosseyed for being so short-sighted and selfish, and then I just wish he was still here to smack around.

Brian, it was never, -never- a burden to 'put up with you'. Who am I going to spin ideas with now?

Seriously going to miss you, man.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Bjorn

Brian and I had drifted apart since I moved away from the States; no falling out, just the problems of finding time to speak.  For all the times we had together, I couldn't tell you the last time we had a chat.  Now I know we'll never speak again.

Goodbye, Brian.  I hope you find the peace you always deserved.

Larry F

Man, this is depressing. I'd always had a thought in the back of my mind that I'd finally getting around to automating the Lost Library of Florestica, and he'd be able to post his stories there again.

As it stands, I fully intend to keep the site running until either I run out of money to pay for it, or I die myself. That way, he can live on through his fan fiction in the Library for as long as I do.

--Larry F

Shukuen

I didn't know Brian as well as I might have, but I enjoyed his work over the years. He will be missed by his friends and remembered for the legacy he left behind.

Lufio

--'{@

My condolences
To family and close friends.
He is being missed.

Will someone be able to add this last update to his webpages?  One last blog or change to his profile description.  Not everyone who has interacted with him uses this forum.
TEP 4:  WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT.
"[C]leverly say a few words of encouragement to Sailor Moon and the other senshi. [...] They will be so dazzled by these speeches of yours, they won't even notice that you disappeared...AGAIN"

- Pandora Diane MacMillan, 'Tuxedo Mask, the Token Male'

Anastasia

Drac mentioned he'd be looking into updating Brian's webpage.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

DY

I'm really not sure what to say. You will be greatly missed Brian.
May you rest in peace.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

VySaika

All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Dracos

To those wondering, yes when I can I'll update his webpage.
Well, Goodbye.

Music-chan

Quote from: Yuthirin on January 18, 2014, 10:12:01 AM
GOD DAMMIT
I was having troubles figuring out what to say, but I think Yuth pegged it pretty well. :(

Sadfaces.  Lots of sadfaces.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Slacker

Quote from: Yuthirin on January 18, 2014, 10:12:01 AM
GOD DAMMIT

Yes, that seems to sum up my reactions perfectly.

God damn it, Brian. We're gonna miss you, you great brilliant moron.
Hail Eris!
(Because you shouldn't judge a religion by its deity.)

Ragnar

Fuck.

I never really knew Brian other than mainly just talking with him on IRC, but he was a very talented and creative man and I will miss him.
-Ragnar
"BUT THOU MUST!"

DannyCat|somewhere: Watch out, Huitzil. Encredible froce is being swang here.

MonCapitan2002

It is a shame that he died.  My condolences to his friends and family.
arly to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.

Figment

Well, that's a thing.

While I'm sad to see he's gone I really hope he finds what he's looking for.

Brian, you will be missed.