News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Brian Randall - 1/2014

Started by Dracos, January 18, 2014, 01:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VySaika

What served as the memorial was held yesterday. I read off what those from here sent to me, and his family and the others there were very glad to have words from Brian's friends who couldn't be there.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Dracos

Thanks to Gate for doing so.

Also, the pictures we have are up on Brian's site.
Well, Goodbye.

Serafita

I only just found out about this a few hours ago, and debating back and forth about posting condolences.  I first knew of Brian's works from the Ranma/lots of other anime fanfic Process of Elimination way back in the day, encountered him on Delphi forums, and in IRC.  Sadly with life and work becoming busy, I found less and less time to get on IRC until I stopped altogether.  He would always be friendly and polite in IRC, and amused when I told him I still re-read PoE every few months from start to end.  I got back heavily into his works when he started work on the Haruhi fanfics, of which I have read every single one.

I only wish I could have talked to him more.

Dracos

You know, he had three of those old Soulriders shirts with your art on them. 
Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Dracos on February 03, 2014, 03:33:13 PM
Thanks to Gate for doing so.

Also, the pictures we have are up on Brian's site.

Somehow I do not have the link for this. Could you post it?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

VySaika

The link was edited into the first post in the thread.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Dracos

His site also for those that didn't know was http://www.soulriders.net/brian/

http://www.durandall.com/brian also works, but I have no idea how far in the future it will.
Well, Goodbye.

Serafita

Quote from: Dracos on February 05, 2014, 02:32:43 PM
Wow.  I never knew people even made use of the drawings I did way back then.  I did do a t-shirt design but didn't think anyone would get it printed onto a shirt...

Merc

Quote from: Serafita on February 06, 2014, 02:40:06 PM
Wow.  I never knew people even made use of the drawings I did way back then.  I did do a t-shirt design but didn't think anyone would get it printed onto a shirt...
Drac, Brian and I all had the shirt on at some point during the last SR Gathering. Your design totally saw print and use.

For Drac: Speaking of the gathering, I did find a few photos with Brian, four from the cave and two from the arcade. I'm sending you a PM with those photos if you want to toss them into the website and send to his family some more recent pictures. Sorry I didn't dig around earlier when you'd asked before.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

I give you cred for having the second viable picture of modern Brian, the Hatted.  Before Wally's find, we just couldn't find any of him in his hat.
Well, Goodbye.

Music-chan

Quote from: Serafita on February 06, 2014, 02:40:06 PM
CyMage and myself both have that shirt design too.  I've packed mine away because it was starting to wear out but Cy still wears his occasionally.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Dracos

I should mail you one of Brian's.  Then you can have an extra up there.
Well, Goodbye.

CyMage

I think we still have the key chain or two as well.
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

XenOutbreak

I never knew Brian personally, but I can tell you that he was one of the best writers that I have read. He was one of the people who made me realise that I wanted to be a writer myself. I thought if I could write half as well as Brian, then I'd be pretty damn good. I've read almost all his stuff, and I've had the Kyon: Big Damn Hero page open for over a year, waiting for updates.

I toyed with the idea of contacting him to tell him how much I liked his writing, but I thought I would just annoy him or something. I wish I had.

I wish you'd finished KBDH, because it was one of my favourite pieces of fiction ever, but I thank you for writing it in the first place. Thank you for everything you wrote Brian, and thank you for inspiring me. I hope you're in a better place.

- Anonymous fan you never knew existed.

Dracos

*pats* :\ Missed opportunities.
Well, Goodbye.