News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Soulriders Gathering - 2015 (With Added Lightning)

Started by Dracos, December 31, 2014, 01:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

I be booking travel and all, so I sure hope so :)

Will be sad if I end up there and like, merc left houston or something.

Yeah, we'll have no rat though.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

I think I forgot to solidify what hotel we're in.  Sorry about that.  I don't know how I missed it as I'm sure I researched it.  Asked merc to take a look.  If he can't, I'll dig it out this week.

Anyhow, I have tickets, I will be there.  Bringing like...things :)

Merc, you have enormous game collection.  Is there any point to bringing more board games and things along?  I can stick video games in if not.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

For Hotels, I think I noted some on Hwy 6 / Westheimer area as those are probably closest to my place. I think I'd sent you a few links before, but I'll look around again later on if necessary.

Regarding board games: If you want to bring anything, feel free to, I'll post list of my collection so you can cross out any duplicates (though as far as I know, that'd come down to Lords of Waterdeep and Love Letter).

For video games, bring 'em! ...Though the last gen console I've got is a wii. If you want to drag along a console (or get Hal to bring his), that's fine, just something to keep in mind. Wyld might have later gen consoles, I'd assume, and you said he was also based off here in Houston? Has he said what area of Houston he's at?

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

Okay, in terms of distance + price (distance being relative to my place), the best option is probably the Scottish Inns & Suites in Hwy 6:
Address - 8415 Hwy. 6, South, Houston, TX, 77083

For the dates of August 14-19, a single king is $70/night, and a double queen is $80/night (per Hotels.com). The inn is 5.5 miles from my place, and about as straight a trip between the two locations as it gets.

There only seems to be 1 room there though for those dates in Hotels.com (although other sites show more), so maybe a better alternative is the Crossland Economy Studios (West Oaks):
2130 Highway 6 S, Houston, TX, 77077

It's not that much farther (6 miles from my place), but it's right by an intersection that gets horrible rush hour traffic that we'll want to avoid on the weekdays. A single double (no kings) is $67/night, and two queens is $76/night. So it's also slightly cheaper than the Scottish Inn.

Both are fairly cheap places, but I assume we'll typically be hanging out at my place or doing something touristy like going to Space Center Houston or going to a concert/theater show/etc.

As a relevant thing if people are interested:
- Weird Al Yankovic is performing in Houston on August 18th. Tickets look to be around $45-65 at the moment.

Dracos

Huh, that sounds cool.  I haven't ever been to a weird al performance.  I'm done if a few of you are.  Ring in if you Won't likely be able to do it.  Otherwise, we should get tickets :)  I guess might make sense for one person to get them as a group again?

Edit:
Talked offline and picked one.

For others:
Right now, I have no one down to split a room with myself.  No big deal, I can go grab a single.  But just giving a chance in case someone else is needing hotel+budget concerns.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

I was definitely down for the Weird Al performance, one of the reasons I commented on it when I saw it. =)

Here's a list of other events/concerts between Aug 14-19: http://www.houstonpress.com/calendar?dateRange[]=2015-08-14&dateRange[]=2015-08-19

(Although I presume the first/last days are probably just travel days and probably shouldn't be counted on).

Merc

Dracos

Yarr, updates.  With help from friendly merc :)
Well, Goodbye.

Bunnehwyld

Sorry about not responding, I am fail at web forums ^^;

As for what I've got:  No consoles, I'm afraid.  I can bring Star Fluxx and possibly another board game or two if I can borrow them from folks, as well as some classic Munchkin.

Weird Al status: YES PLEASE <3  I've wanted to see him for years, I didn't know he was coming to town!

And for where I am, I'm up in Spring, almost to the Woodlands.  Debating rooming with someone versus the drive, the estimates show 50min-1hr one way for me.  Really boils down to what funding I can get ahold of, retail part time is not conducive to having a savings account.

Dracos

I be booked through.

ANyhow, giving people some time for Weird Al Reactin' :)
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

I own both star fluxx and munchkin (base game only). =)

List of board games: (games in a list under another are expansions)
Spoiler: ShowHide
20th Century         
7 Wonders         
Acquire         
Agents of SMERSH         
Aqua Sphere         
Asgard         
Battle CON: Devastation of Indines         
Belfort         
Betrayal of House on the Hill         
Boss Monster      
Chaos in the Old World
-Horned Rat Expansion      
Clash of Cultures         
Clue: Dungeons & Dragons Edition         
CO2         
DC Deck Building Game   
-Crisis Expansion      
Dead of Winter         
Deadwood         
Descent: Journeys into the Dark (2nd Edition)   
-Lair of the Wyrm      
Dixit         
Dominion         
Eclipse   
-Rise of the Ancients      
Eight Minute Empire         
Endeavor         
Epic Resort         
Flash Point: Fire Rescue         
Francis Drake         
Fresco         
Galaxy Trucker         
Gear & Piston         
Ghost Stories         
Gloria Mundi         
Hollywood         
Innovation         
Instanbul         
Jamaica         
K2         
King of New York         
Legendary: Marvel   
-Dark City      
Lewis & Clark         
Libertalia         
Lords of Waterdeep         
Lost Legends         
Madeira         
Maharani         
Monopoly         
Munchkin Deluxe         
Nations         
Nile Deluxor         
Pandemic         
Poker Set         
Police Precinct         
Power Grid         
Praetor         
Progress: Evolution of Technology         
Puerto Rico         
Quarriors!         
Race for the Galaxy   
-Alien Artifacts      
Red Dragon Inn
- Red Dragon Inn 3
- Red Dragon Inn 4
Sentinels of the Multiverse         
Settlers of Catan
-Cities & Knights      
Shadows over Camelot         
Small World   
-Pretty much every single expansion
Smash Up
-Monster Smash
-Science Fiction Double Feature
-Awesome Level 9000
Star Fluxx         
Star Realms         
Summoner Wars: Guild Dwarves vs Cave Goblins (I may also pick up the Master Set by then, not sure)         
Takenoko         
Tales of the Arabian Nights         
Tammany Hall         
Tasnia         
The Castles of Burgundy         
The Resistance: Avalon         
Thebes
-Thebes: The Tomb Raiders      
Tokaido         
Trajan         
Tzolkin: The Mayan Calendar         
Viceroy

Following two games are unlikely to be here by then, as they're being kickstarted right now:
Click! Clack! Lumberjack
Assault on Doomrock
-Assault on Doomrock: Doompocalypse!

For game systems, I've just got a PS2, Wii, Gamecube and N64. So don't expect much from me in that department.

I also have a DDR Dance Pad somewhere in my house, and if that still works, we could potentially embarrass ourselves that way. Or maybe one of us is awesome at it, who knows?

Dracos

I have <allvideogamesever> and can bring any folks would like to play, along with the system.

Smash is probably a good call since it has good large team vs team stuff lately.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Okay I hear Wyld, Myself, Hal, and Merc are all 'good' for the Weird al show.

Giving Iddy a chance to read/react.  I'll buy tickets as a group for all of us to try and get us able to hopefully sit/stand together :)
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Betting on dragging him along to just get things dealt with :P

* Dracos grabs tickets near the front for everyone.  Payback is 64$.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Since we are closing in on date: any interests in any particular activity from people based on links posted previously?

Also, around what time do you arrive on Friday the 14th, Drac?