News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging 3: NO ESCAPE

Started by Anastasia, February 05, 2015, 12:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

I asked Iddy if he had any issues with LE, and he's said no.

I did also mention what sorts of roles I can work in for that build in the post. So waiting on turtle, I guess.

We only really know that Yuth wants an arcane caster, and as long as he's not looking for flanking as a rogue, or something like that, we're probably okay whatever he picks to go with arcane.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Alrighty then.

Exactly how much paladin and favored soul are you taking?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Stats:

<Serith> 1, 2, 3, 5, 3 = 11
<Serith> 4, 2, 4, 6, 5 = 15
<Serith> 2, 6, 3, 6, 5 = 17
<Serith> 3, 3, 5, 5, 1 = 13
<Serith> 3, 4, 4, 5, 5 = 14
<Serith> 4, 5, 4, 4, 6 = 15
<Serith> Iddy's Scores: 17, 15, 15, 14, 13, 11
> !rollchar
<Serith> 5, 6, 2, 2, 5 = 16
<Serith> 3, 2, 1, 5, 6 = 14
<Serith> 2, 5, 3, 1, 1 = 10
<Serith> 6, 4, 4, 3, 6 = 16
<Serith> 2, 4, 1, 3, 1 = 9
<Serith> 1, 2, 5, 3, 1 = 10
<Serith> Iddy's Scores: 16, 16, 14, 10, 10, 9

Set 1: 17, 15, 15, 14, 13, 11

HP:

> Can I go ahead and roll HP? All three classes use d8, so what the hell. Get it out of the way.
<Kotono> Sure. Post that too.
<Kotono> First hit die is max, remember.
> roll 6d8+8 8 for level 1
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 40 > [d8=6,8,1,7,8,2]
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Merc

I'm trying to figure out whether to go full favored soul, full paladin, or a mix of the two. Either one can qualify me for Bone Knight, just trying to figure out what'd work best though. I'm thinking right now that the best option may be Favored Soul 1 / Paladin 4 / BK 2.

I also just realized a bit ago that I might need to dip once for spellsword 1 due to arcane spell failure, since if I make bone armor, I can't use mithril to lower ASF. Alternatively the battlecaster feat. Or both.

Iron Dragoon

> 19k gp starting, right?
<Kotono> Yes. Post this for confirmation.

Anastasia

Yuth, we need to have a talk about your character sheet.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Does the talk involve the slaad swooning over Guy Mandude?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

>_>
It's just temporary until I actua fill it in. Haven't had time. Will today.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Okay, so some questions:
1) Would the Magic-Blooded/Spark template be allowed? I was interested in human with that template. 3rd party source: Dragon 306
"Template Effects": ShowHide

Racial Adjustment: CHA+2, WIS-2
Vision: Lose any special vision from base race, gain low-light vision
Skills: +2 racial Knowledge (arcana) / Spellcraft. Sparks can use these skills untrained.
SLAs: Can use 1/day (each) Detect Magic, Magic Aura, Read Magic (CL = character level)
LA: +0

2) I just noticed the house rule saying that PrCs cannot be entered before 6th without permission. Since we can't take prestige classes on the same level, requesting permission to take Spellsword at level 5. Bone Knight can be entered at level 5, Spellsword can be entered at level 6. I'm switching the level that I enter each in this build.

Bone Knight's armor class ability is only medium/heavy, not light. Dread Necromancer can only use light armor without ASF triggering, and I can't make mithral bones (Alternatively, if there is some sort of mithral bones equivalent for reducing ASF 10%, that'd be awesome).
"Class Breakdown": ShowHide

1: Paladin / Dread Necromancer
2: Paladin / DN
3: Paladin / DN
4: Paladin / DN
5: Favored Soul / Spellsword
6: Bone Knight / DN
7: BK / DN

3) Since Turn/Rebuke Undead was rewritten to be more in line with Pathfinder, how does the Command portion of Rebuke work in this case? Would I need to pick up the corresponding pathfinder feat? Do I still do a turning check in that case? Or do I just fully lose ability to try and gain control of enemy undead?

3b) What happens with abilities involving turn resistance? As an example, Master of the White Banner grant controlled undead turn resistance equal to CHA. Would turn resistance just turn into a bonus to the undead's saves, AC, other?

4) Would the slaad generally be accommodating to mounted combat in his dungeons? I pick up a phantom steed from Bone Knight, but I don't want to invest in mounted combat feats if I'll have to keep dispelling/summoning to get him into rooms, getting on him, and generally being off him during combat that starts as soon as we enter a room.

4b) If mounted combat will be fairly situational, would I have the option of replacing special mount with typical paladin ACFs? Would Bone Knight + Paladin stack for ACFs that depend on paladin level?

5) Since I channel negative energy, will I be hurting my allies every time I use it, or can I avoid them? Potentially related to option 3, if we encounter enemy undead, do I inadvertently heal them if I channel energy or can I ignore them? If the answer is yes to both, is there a way to not do so? The closest equivalent I've seen is Extraordinary Spell Aim feat, which is for mass area destruction spells for level 12+ characters. But also too high level for this.

6) Since I'd get Rebuke Undead from three sources (well, four, but one stacks), can I replace with any turning ACF, or do I have to follow class-specific requirement? As an example, Dread Necromancer doesn't have any ACFs, but wondering if I could replace their Rebuke with Divine Counterspell (paladin/cleric ACF). Alternatively: Could I replace with turning-centric feats?

Yuthirin

I'm considering Nightmare Spinner. Thoughts?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

Any input on animal companion? I know there are things that get kinda hijinky in what you can pick, so I just want to know if there's anything you want me to avoid.

Anastasia

Merc's post last since it's huge.

Quote from: Yuthirin on February 07, 2015, 03:12:44 PM
I'm considering Nightmare Spinner. Thoughts?

Capstone would need to be revised, but it's good otherwise. It's mind-affecting by and large, which will run into some stoppers.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on February 07, 2015, 03:13:34 PM
Any input on animal companion? I know there are things that get kinda hijinky in what you can pick, so I just want to know if there's anything you want me to avoid.

It depends. How many levels of ranger are you looking at here?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on February 07, 2015, 03:19:44 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on February 07, 2015, 03:13:34 PM

It depends. How many levels of ranger are you looking at here?

I've got 5 ATM. I doubt we'll be playing long enough to max out HW, so unless there's a compelling reason to switch back from HW to Ranger, that'll probably be it.