News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Loot thread: TREASURE AHEAD!

Started by Anastasia, February 12, 2015, 04:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

If Merc wants me to take the bag, I'll take the bag.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Don't die and lose the bag now!

(You are allowed to die and leave the bag in a recoverable position)
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

In other words, don't drown in molten gold. Again.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on May 21, 2015, 03:19:52 PM
To be clear since Yuth brought it up: You don't want the +3 armor, Iddy?

Oh, yes. Didn't even notice it.

On that same note, is everyone cool with me snagging those things? The armor, bracers, and cloak? And then buying them arrows?

I ask because that becomes a bit disproportionate value compared to Yuth and Merc.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Survival is eminently more important than the accumulation of piles of shiny stuff.

Yuthirin

So, to recap:

We have two methods of loot division before us.

Method 1: Standard Balmuria Loot. Deductions for items taken.

Method 2: Non-Standard Survival-Priority Loot. Items are claimed based on need and survivability/damage upgrades. The remaining loot is sold. This pool is then divided evenly between the party. This method is less fair, but also more likely to increase survivability as it allows for more immediate upgrades and no loot-debt.

Cast your vote for whichever method you prefer. I'm voting option 2.

Anastasia

Method 3: Slaad Rules. Roll 1d100. Highest result gets to choose what happens to all the loot.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Or that. Let's not do that though.

Merc

Option 4:
Kevamros sells his current Mithral Chain Shirt for 550 gp (half-price value)
We sell the scroll and potion for 712.5 gp (half-price value)
We sell all the other goods (minus the book) for 10,267.03gp (trade goods, full value)

Total sold loot value = 11,529.53 gp

Kevamros gets
- Mithral chain shirt+3: 10,100 gp
- Cloak: Cloak of resistance+2: 4,000 gp
- Bracers of archery, lesser: 5,000 gp
- A single arrow: Sleep Arrow+3: 770 gp
- Take 2302.5 gp to buy 50x Spellstoring Blunt arrows. (Are you -sure- on that cost? It seems low)

Rhayser gets
- Large greatsword+1, icy burst: 18,000 gp
- Bag of holding, type 2: 5,000 gp (Note: Luther will claim ownership of this, but has Rhayser lug it around)
- Take 3227.03 gp to do whatever

Luther gets
- Book on Limbo Personalities (500gp). He wants at least something for his trouble. He will also read it, hopefully there will be a hint to surviving if there is an entry on the slaad and the letter is another invitation.
- Take 6000 gp to add +1 & Called to armor, +1 to shield, and ring of protection+1

Luther votes for Option 4 (with the addendum that Rhayser gets the money share that would go to Kevamros if the spellstoring blunt arrows are underpriced, which I think they are).

Merc

Iddy forgot to account for the +1 needed to add a special property to a weapon. So the arrows would be 8302.5gp.

I'd say give him a wand of cure light wounds (or cure moderate wounds, up to Rhayser/Kevamros if they agree with the option), and then any money left goes to Rhayser.

Iron Dragoon

I think the #4 option with the wand mod would be the better option.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

I was either gonna buy him a wand of CLW or an amulet of health for myself. Either works.