News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Miscellaneous stuff

Started by Anastasia, April 11, 2015, 02:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on June 03, 2016, 04:40:13 PM
Posting here so I don't forget -- look around Lumendale to find someone to fully identify the dragon artifact.

So noted.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Amanna's been leveled up. No changelog for once since it's simple, though I note she didn't roll any 1s on her hit dice for posterity.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Referring back to This can you tell me what the +1 ability is?

Either way:

Erad reaches level 10! Monk 10 and Kensai 4.

5 on a d10 for +9 total HP (3+1 from toughness) for a total of 113 HP. All saves go up by 1 (thanks, Monk!) Skills will go up as usual and the extras will go somewhere that I haven't decided yet.

Monk 10 gains the following:

Ki Strike (Lawful) (oh boy), Slow Fall 50ft, and due to the Monk's Belt + Ioun stone combination, his damage increases to 4d8. His damage is correct at 3d8. He also gains an AC from Monk due to this.

Kensai 4 gains the following:

+1 extra modifier for his weapon (which is going into absorbing the rest of the Holy Dragon sword) (EDIT: This doubles its damage against dragons) and he also gains Ki Projection, which will help him with his diplomatic bricks and so on.

As a refresher, I think we decided to use HD for the check for Power Surge?

Nephrite

[22:00] <Nephrite> This can be more of a nagging post, but what happens to someone like Maggen? He did a whole bunch of stuff for Auril but was pretty much thwarted, so I gues it's a question of whether she rewards him "Trying" or not. My guess is more on the "not" side.
[22:01] <Kotono> Feel free to post that, yeah.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 19, 2016, 11:06:11 PM
[22:00] <Nephrite> This can be more of a nagging post, but what happens to someone like Maggen? He did a whole bunch of stuff for Auril but was pretty much thwarted, so I guess it's a question of whether she rewards him "Trying" or not. My guess is more on the "not" side.
[22:01] <Kotono> Feel free to post that, yeah.

Maggen's a corner case. He was tremendously successful and something of a maverick* at the same time. On paper he'd be likely to become a favored servant, directly promoting to a higher tier outsider. His maverick nature and defeat here muddies the water. He's not really worthy of being consigned to the blizzards for all time or any other punishment, but he needs refinement and lessons in ideological purity.

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103072.msg1057580.html#msg1057580

The link there leads to what's essentially one of Auril's penal brigades**. He'd be put into that or into a group like it and given a chance to prove himself and earn Auril's favor once more. If he succeeds, he'll get the outsider promotion and unholy glory he feels he deserves. If he fails, he'll be a shivering spirit consigned to the blizzards for all time, never again to know warmth or relief from winter's grasp.

At best he gets his promotion. It's better than the alternative, but it's still eternity in Auril's court. It's a place where any positive emotion is snuffed out in favor of unfeeling coldness. He'll jockey for favor in his position and seek to fend off rivals, trying to avoid meeting his final death while holding onto what he has and gaining more. No matter how high he rises, he won't ever extinguish that final, little spark of humanity within him.  The bit that quietly yearns for something better, that aches and pains him from deep within his frozen heart. He'll never know the simple and complete contentment of the least spirit in the Heavens, doomed to be inferior to a mere lantern archon or cherub.

No matter what, all Maggen will have in the end is winter.

* Auril does not approve of him using a fire spell as his main attack. An Aurilite using molten silver to kill is a little odd, don't you think? Also his sadism isn't to Auril's taste, she prefers colder rage and revenge.
** Also known as a metal brigade. C'mon, being a howling ghost protecting a two headed demon tarrasque? That's pretty metal.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 19, 2016, 03:59:30 PMAs a refresher, I think we decided to use HD for the check for Power Surge?

Sure, that's fine.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Enjoy never having what you want, you jackass!

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 19, 2016, 11:42:05 PM
Enjoy never having what you want, you jackass!

Those that go to the various lower planes lose, even if it looks like they win. Evil offers nothing but emptiness and misery beneath all of its posturing.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

And whenever you get a chance, please refer to my question in the level up post. :)

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 19, 2016, 11:55:33 PM
And whenever you get a chance, please refer to my question in the level up post. :)

Check the last few posts.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on November 20, 2016, 02:42:52 AM
Quote from: Nephrite on November 19, 2016, 11:55:33 PM

Check the last few posts.

I think we're talking past each other or I'm blind, I'm referring to this:
QuoteReferring back to This can you tell me what the +1 ability is?

Nephrite

Also I'm bad and forgot Erad still had Turn Undead stuff, so I'm going to add his uses (He gets 8/1d6 uses, which certainly isn't great but it's free, so whatever)

Anastasia

T reaches level 10.

- Fighter 7 and Factotum 10.
- 4 on a d10 for a total of 8 hit points and a grand total of 97 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +10.
- +1d6 sneak attack for a total of 4d6.
- Another daily use of opportunistic piety. Healing's useful.
- No change to saves.
- Skills go up as normal.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Helena reaches level 10.

- Horizon Walker 5 and Yuki-Onna 3.
- 6 on a d8 for a total of 9 hit points and a grand total of 88 hit points.
- Terrain bonus rises to +2. Nice.
- Gains a new terrain mastery. She selects mountains since you're in them. Gives her a climb speed of 10ft and a +8 racial bonus to climb checks.
- Fort and ref saves rise by 1.
- Skills go up as normal.

Okayish level.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

So let's sort out the fall of Arenel.

1. What will you do about the rioting in the streets?
2. Once the rioting runs whatever course it will, what will you do? Are you going to assert any authority?
3. What will you do about Maggen's castle? Will you explore it further or leave it be?
4. Are you going to give away what food you have left? T'll note there's no way the food you have will cover an entire city, there's just too many hungry mouths to feed.
5. Once all that's settled, what about the local temple of Auril?
6. Any miscellaneous things to do?
<Afina> Forever.