Tryll and Gytha (Tryll; 83 days left)

Started by Anastasia, November 06, 2017, 02:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

'Sometimes, when it's safe and I need to focus on something,' Kirna replies. 'Everything has a season, even courre. Something especially.'
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

'I'd argue that nearly every season is courre season, but I understand if you disagree. Let me ask her if she would like to stay here.' Tryll replies.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Calleigh halts her conversation abruptly and turns to the two squid monsters, "I wanna go! Ice sounds fun! We can make snowmen after!"
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"Then let us go," Morniel says, "Are we ready?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Cold.

Bitterly cold.

Cold blows everywhere. An endless blizzard is all around you, thick as night's embrace. Yet Morniel leads you on through the portal and beyond, "This way," he says, as you leave behind Aurora's gate to this place. "Stay close to me, it's easy to get separated in this weather. If you get lost, you may never be seen again."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Right!" Calliegh cheers, flitting over to sit on Morniel's shoulder. Tryll gamely keeps pace.

Anastasia

"Apologies, by the way," Morniel says, "I had intended for neutral ground, but later in the negotiations it became unavoidable to use Ice."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'It's okay! Hopefully we can get Aka out of here quick!" Calleigh nods.

Anastasia

On all of you travel. Ahead the blizzard parts, revealing a rising tower of ice. It's huge, vast sheets of ice molded together to form a single tower. It stands proud in the blizzard, unrelenting to any of it.

"This way," Morniel says, as you get a closer look. It has windows that are covered in thin sheets of transparent ice, letting none of the weather in. Pale light comes from several of the windows, fighting against the blizzard-gloom all around you. Ahead, several small and human sized ice elementals toil, working the snow around the tower, keeping it at bay.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Nice place! Real pretty." Calleigh comments.

Anastasia

The elementals pay your party no mind as you approach. The door is a simple slab of ice, which opens up to reveal a medium ice para elemental. It is unclad for as little as that matters, but speaks in sure, proper Common. "Welcome back, Sir Morniel. My master is waiting for you and your guests."

"Thank you, Icedel," Morniel says, "That is Tryll and Kirna, as well as their courre familiars Calleigh and...I'm sorry, but I never caught your familiar's name," Morniel remarks.

"I want to be called Riverheart today!" The courre calls, "Everyone, call me Riverheart!"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

"Sir Tryll, Sir Kirna, Sir Calleigh and Sir Riverheart. This way," The elemental says.

As Kirna follows, 'He's remarkably advanced for an elemental. Oooooh, is he magically modified or did he develop that himself?'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'You could always ask.' Tryll says blithely.