Tryll and Gytha (Tryll; 83 days left)

Started by Anastasia, November 06, 2017, 02:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"None at all. I simply decline to discuss sensitive matters, I do not hide them." Morniel says mildly.

With a grunt at that, "Tryll, is it?" Adulyn turns to you, "Now you're a wildcard. A cast off of a forgotten Prime - who knows what you'll get. Some of my most troublesome contacts are such as you."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Why thank you. That's kind of you to say.' Tryll sounds pleased.

Anastasia

'If nothing else, it means you make business," Adulyn remarks, 'Getting into all sorts of trouble.'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Trouble is what we're good at. It does tend to generate work for others as well. Work means people get paid, and jobs exist. Paid people are generally happy people. Therefore, we make people happy. By proxy. It's a simple life, but a good one.'

Anastasia

Adulyn gives you a look, "You've spent time in Brightwater, have you? Too much time. That or Dis or Graz'zt's realm, and you don't have the smell of devils or demons to you."

Morniel chuckles, "That is not the approach I would take to it, but actions generate needs. Of course, in the hereafter, what need is there for work if you do not want to? Or to pursue holy works far more important and meaningful than a mere job?"

"Then you've spent ten centuries being a recluse meditating on some trivial aspect of righteousness," Adulyn retorts sharply, "What's a thousand years lost in your own navelgazing?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Well, I suppose it depends on what you get from it. If you're meditating on some aspect of righteousness just for the sake of it, then it may be ultimately meaningless. However, if something of true value can be gained from such an action, and the time could not be better spent, then it is worthwhile. Are we referring to a specific event here or just talking about hypotheticals?'

Anastasia

"It is never wasted to meditate on what is right," Morniel says, voice smooth and stirring, drawing all of you in. "It is not always the right choice or the best choice, but it is never an unrewarding choice to the soul who seeks righteousness."

Meanwhile Riverheart flies around the room, settling in front of the fireplace and watching it raptly.

"I'm speaking of dealing with one too many celestials who have spent more time seeking good than common sense,"  Adulyn says, "Ever met the type?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh is quietly humming to herself and braiding Morniel's hair from his shoulder. "Oh yeah! I've met some tulani. I could tell you all about it, but I doubt we have the time. I've met a lot of tulani."

Anastasia

"Ooooh, tulani!" Riverheart speaks up, "Tulani are a thing, right, Calleigh? Oh hey, can I call you Wind Princess? I heard that djinn guy say you were one!"

Morniel tolerates Calleigh's hair braiding with the patience of the heavens.

"Hmph." Adulyn murmurs, "Why not? We have time to pass until our other guest arrives."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Ohhh, I like Wind Princess Calleigh! Do you think I should get a last name? I had one once! I don't remember it though. It was a long time ago! I don't think it would fit anymore. Been tooooooooo long!" Calleigh tucks a complex and completed braid behind Morniel's ear. She pats it, as though it were an animal that had been extra good. "But yeah, we had some stuffy tulani in the Court of Stars. Most of them were super nice and put up with us even when we were trying extra hard to be annoying which was really big of them and you know I've really noticed that people on Aurora do the same thing! Just really nice all the time! Except for the gith. He's super frowny, but I think that's part of being a gith. They're usually super frowny. Or stabby. Or blasty! But! Tulani! There was this one guy who used to be a scribe or something. Head scribe. Or artist. Or something, I dunno. I didn't really pay attention. He was so stuffy though! He even got to sit in at court-Court. Like with the Queen and stuff! I dunno how she put up with him! He was super stuffy! So one day we replaced his favorite chair with a water balloon! Shaped like a chair! With illusions to make sure he wouldn't notice! BOY HE WAS MAD! It was super funny! He needed to lighten up, though! It's important not to be too stuffy."

Anastasia

The entire spiel gets solemn listening from Adulyn, who opens his mouth to reply.

That's when he frowns, the door opening. Icedel steps in, "Sir, Limsarryl has arrived and is on the brink of death. I have frozen his wounds to stop the bleeding, but a healer is recommended soonest."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin