News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Tryll and Gytha (Tryll; 83 days left)

Started by Anastasia, November 06, 2017, 02:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Morniel replies in Tryll's mind alone.

'It is not an unreasonable offer. Ransom is distasteful, but it is better than the alternative. I could negotiate her down, if you wish me to.'
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Tryll replies with equal privacy, 'Every coin spent here is one not spent on better equipping our forces. If you wouldn't mind, please try.'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Morniel simply clears his throat and meets Limsarryl's eyes, a momentary face off.

> roll 1d20+85 (+5 circumstance) vs DC???
<Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+85 (+5 circumstance) vs DC??? --> [ 1d20=20 ]{105}

Under that righteous, burning gaze held in check Limsarryl crumbles. He hangs his head and says, "Fine. I was going to go as low as 6,000." Limsarryl says than then sighs, her voice pensive.

"3,000," Morniel says, firmly.

"3,000," Limsarryl says, averting her eyes from Morniel's gaze.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

"Done," Morniel says aloud, "Tryll, do you have the money on you?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Of course. Calleigh, pay the man please.' Tryll replies easily.

"Hmmm...nope!" comes the chipper reply.

Tryll turns to look at Calleigh, 'What do you mean, nope?'

Cheerful grin, "I mean NOPE!"

Confusion! 'Why?'

"We're broke, boss! Broke as one of your old jokes!" comes the courrish retort.

'I'll have you know my jokes are not broken. Just because you're five forever and don't get them doesn't mean they're broken!' Tryll sounds outraged.

"Oh yeah sure, what was that last one you told to that mercane?" Calleigh stands up straight on Morniel's shoulders, hunches her shoulders, and puffs out her cheeks, "Berp derp, I'm a ancient immortal squid! Look at me! I'm so old and wise! Like super old! Actually older than dirt! Look at how special I am! And I tell bad jokes! Three giant squidpeople swim into a magic shop and order crystal balls! When the shop keeper asks why, they tell him they're concerned about current events!" she deflates. "Oh my goddess that's terrible! That poor mercane looked so lost!"

'I will have you know that was the height of party humor back home! The height! People loved my jokes! I was the funny guy! And it sounds better if you tell it in Irglish! And furthermore, how are we broke again!?'

"You spent it on stuff!"

'I did?'

"Weeeeellll...we did. On stuff. Like books and candy. And ioun stones, mister incorporororrowhatever."

'Ah. Well, some of those books turned out to be very valuable and in one case, we saved a soul. Alright. Morniel. I don't suppose I could trouble you to cover for me?'

Anastasia

Poor Tryll being broke again.

(I laughed.)

"Oh for..." Adulyn sighs, rubbing his temple. He holds up his hand to pre-empt Morniel, "Give me the money the next time you're here, Morniel," he says to him, "It's covered."

Limsarryl rolls her eyes and then stands, rolling his shoulders, "Then we're done. Where is Aurora, I can have him delivered there within a day."

"Walk with me, Lim," Morniel rises, giving Tryll a glance back, "I'll take care of this."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh gives Tryll a grinny thumbs-up from Morniel's shoulder as they walk away.

Anastasia

Anything else to do here? Also note in loot you owe Morniel 3k gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Okay, we'll assume he's back for now and go into this more later. For now, big strategy meeting time. Everyone into a new thread.
<Afina> Forever.