News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on January 25, 2019, 07:59:14 PM
Oberuth does pretty solid damage for fighting one-handed so he could probably do pretty well out of two weapon fighting.

Yeah. When he's not Combat Expertise and Allied Defense defending, he has good to hit and raw damage. He gets Con to damage, so that helps make up for any problems with damage from TWF, and lets him apply is Con mod even more.

Quote from: Corwin on January 25, 2019, 08:01:01 PM
Losing Spellcasting Harrier hurts, but the other feats can be replicated with fairly easy spells. I know he hates magic, but sensible people let friends cast life-saving shit on them, and he's working with a party.

OOC I completely agree with that assessment.

IC's another issue, but you didn't see him turn down Seira's spells or Moore's music, either. If you checked his status page update on his relationship with magic, it would read 'It's Complicated'.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Sounds as complicated as his stance on his current sword. It's all good. Combat Reflexes can't be kept? They're ridiculously useful.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

It makes the most sense of what he'd ditch, and freeing up a pair of epic feats gives him options to nab the epic shield feats.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Isn't he dumping the sword and board style? Why is he going for the epic shield feats, then? Switching to an animated shield like a boss?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

No, simply having the ability to switch between styles at will. Like if one battle doesn't need AC and evasion, or calls for more damage? Go two weapon. Need a more defensive set up? Hit up sword and shield.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

To tag along with "changing up feat" chat, you've mentioned a few times you weren't sure on Kaja. Is that something you'd still like to pursue or is it mostly just something you'd rather leave alone and just occasionally look at and go "there's just... something off..." like a macaroni painting you did when you were 6?

Anastasia

It's more than he's too good at damage for my tastes, yet there's no easy fix. His entire build's aimed at it and it over produces. Any changes to seriously adjust that require a full on rebuild.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Fair enough. I'd say give him Hellreaver in the rebuild but like, everyone and their mom (possibly literally, depending on Villisa's build) is a Hellreaver.

Anastasia

Yeah, he's not a Hellreaver on top it being used plenty.

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103072.msg1056078.html#msg1056078 Besides, Villisa is a paladin and heartwarder.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on January 24, 2019, 12:58:55 PM
I think an interesting feat for Kascha is my Draconic Aura: Energy/Fire (basically a refluffed fey aura). She does have fire, and she could use it more frequently. It'd raise her DCs, and later when she hits DvR1, she could pick up my Golden Flames as one of her SDAs.

I'm leaning towards that, still debating though. Not in a huge hurry but I haven't found anything else that really feels good.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on January 25, 2019, 09:18:37 PM
Quote from: Corwin on January 24, 2019, 12:58:55 PM
I think an interesting feat for Kascha is my Draconic Aura: Energy/Fire (basically a refluffed fey aura). She does have fire, and she could use it more frequently. It'd raise her DCs, and later when she hits DvR1, she could pick up my Golden Flames as one of her SDAs.

I'm leaning towards that, still debating though. Not in a huge hurry but I haven't found anything else that really feels good.

Update. Technically, Kascha only gets the +1 since she's not of the dragonblood subtype. This is a case where I'm not sure RAW reasonably serves the best outcome, but I'll think if it's something I want to make an exception for or merely grab another feat instead.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Actually, nevermind. She'll take Spell Mastery. She 100% wants Arcane Mastery as an SDA if she gets that far. This is really the time to start thinking of that, so that's nabbed.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

An experiment in world building and in character writing. This isn't canon or anything, though it is accurate to the Red Knight's history and personality. This may or may not become the seed of a flavor article.

<Nephrite> Q: Did you choose to ascend? If so, why? If not, why not?
> RED KNIGHT: Ah, it began when Tempus encouraged me to do it. I chose to take the risk because I had grown bored with mortal affairs. How many could I outsmart, how many could I hunt and conquer before there were no challenges left? My plans were unstoppable, all my world was improved by them. To grow dull and forgotten is a fate no blade or no warrior should endure. It is a waste. Have you ever felt yourself sit idle, growing duller and duller by the day, all your foes vanquished?
<Nephrite> Q: I can't say I've ever had that luxury, no. What was the first thing you noticed right after you'd succeeded at your ascension?
> RED KNIGHT: You're fortunate. Too many slip into a rusty, foggy retirement where their bodies fail them or their foes fail them, waiting to die. After the effort to ascend, the first thing was the power. To become a quasi power, a divine babe at most, brings tremendous power. All aspects of yourself sharpen. Have you ever put on a diadem that increases your mind and marveled at your new intellect, or gloves that let you move like the elves, and then bask in your newfound grace? It is like that many times over. Your mind grows, your body fortifies. All about you becomes more. It is akin to the best enchantments of those kind that ou may ever find, yet not from a pitiable, foreign bauble worn on the body. It is from yourself and it is magnificent. A lesser soul may be spellbound by the feeling of apotheosis, that embrace alone enough to make them feel as if they live for the very first time in that moment.
<Nephrite> Q: That makes sense. So you in essence gain strength from yourself, almost like...becoming more of 'you?' Speaking of 'you,' If you had to pick only one thing, what would you say is your favorite, or most cherished aspect of being ascended?
> RED KNIGHT: You become more. I wouldn't phrase it as more of 'you', but it's close enough. Regardless, the most cherished aspect is the expansion of scope. There are always new and old enemies to face once you are divine, and the board before you is infinite. Plus if you need an enemy, there are many choices to choose from. You will never sit idle, shorn of opponents or completely victorious.
<Nephrite> Q: I see. A lot of people do enjoy downtime every now and again, so with that in mind, is there any one thing you don't enjoy? Something you'd 'let go of,' if you had the ability to do so?
> RED KNIGHT: Nothing. It is a higher state of being and of living. Growth and adjustment will happen, but mastery will remove any doubts. You have your own realm to create, if you cannot make happiness in your own personal realm, you are a fool.
<Nephrite> Q: I see... I assume you chose your realm's location for a strategic reason over all else, then?
> RED KNIGHT: Partially. I owe fealty to Tempus, so my realm is within his realm. Of course, what better strategy than being allied with the supreme deity of warfare?
<Nephrite> Q: That does make strategic sense. You sound like you're sure of your decisions that you've made since becoming a deity, so this may seem an odd question; Is there anything you wish you could still do, that you did before ascending, that you can no longer do now?
> RED KNIGHT: Nothing. The only possible irritation and loss is not being able to safely go to the Prime Material Plane, but that's what avatars are for.
<Nephrite> Q: I see. Well, considering your own ascension was at the behest of one who charged you with many tasks, what would you say to someone else who may be considering it? Is it something that you think you could convince someone to do, or not to do?
> RED KNIGHT: Prepare yourself and master yourself. If you are weak willed, ill focused, undedicated or simply a wastrel, do not waste your time. This is a field for the triumphant, not a haze of also rans and looming failures. Victory comes with your own strength and will, those that lack it will drown under others who have superlative strength and will.
<Nephrite> Q: So, in essence, the idea is to make sure you're not just knowledgeable about subjects, but almost that you're a paragon of everything that is important and you hold as part of yourself?> RED KNIGHT: Yes. A strong foundation leads to greater strength to what is built on it. A weak foundation leads to ruin. It is true for castles, it is true for armies, it is true for yourself. Only the exceptional will make it this far, for the weak simply do not become deities by a whim of chance and fluke.
<Nephrite> Q: Considering the various parts of yourself that have become what many consider the divine portfolio, is there any particular aspect of that you wish you could add? One particular divine domain that, should the opportunity arise for you to seize, you would fold it into yourself?
> RED KNIGHT: Insight, intelligence and wisdom. All in due time as I grow - and I will continue to grow, but not yet. The head of Fraz Urb'luu will suffice to purchase it.
<Nephrite> Q: One final question, then: Do you think Creation will ever truly know peace?
> RED KNIGHT: Not while there is a breath in any body in this realm.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Need review of these armor properties from the MiC:

Death Ward p10
Easy Travel p10
Freedom p11
Magic-Eating p12
Quickness p13
Retaliation p14
Time Buttress p15
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on January 27, 2019, 05:30:01 PM
Need review of these armor properties from the MiC:

Death Ward p10

Sure, no problem with it. You may want to consider soulfire (BoED) instead for constant protection instead of one shot a day.

QuoteEasy Travel p10

Yeah, sure.

QuoteFreedom p11

Sure. Do note it is +5 so it ain't cheap.

QuoteMagic-Eating p12

Sure, just have to remember it exists and use it, since it's conditional.

QuoteQuickness p13

Sure.

QuoteRetaliation p14

Yeah, though I wouldn't recommend it. 1d6 damage that hits DR by the way it is described? Yeah, going to tink off basically any opponent at this level.

QuoteTime Buttress p15

Going to deny this one.
<Afina> Forever.