DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Misc Feedback Notes

- I really enjoyed Moore's cave trip. The meandering, watery nature of it and sense of exploration were a lovely change of pace. It felt like some faraway place, isolated save for a few hardy souls amid the flowing waters. Then again, I've always wanted to run a serious mega-dungeon campaign so that's probably some of why.

- Expect to see more maps for battles like Alicia and Seira's this week. This is coming with the army rules being done regardless, but I've reached the point that as much as I don't like making up maps, I'm more tired of adjudicating questions about distances. This is purely for big, army styled battles. Relatedly, expect army rules to be published 1-2 weeks after this adventure concludes.

- I'm really enjoying how Bastian interacts with Alyssa. He's very much his own person and has been around the block many a time, as well as being independent. It's definitely a different feel than how others there mix with Alyssa. It's also worth noting he's highly intelligent despite his lineage, which informs some of what he does.

- The first two IRC session are done and up. They went quite well in my opinion, I'll do another one either tomorrow (pending posting normally) or over the week. I meant to do one Thursday or Friday, but life didn't cooperate.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on August 03, 2019, 01:26:15 PM
Misc Feedback Notes
- I'm really enjoying how Bastian interacts with Alyssa. He's very much his own person and has been around the block many a time, as well as being independent. It's definitely a different feel than how others there mix with Alyssa. It's also worth noting he's highly intelligent despite his lineage, which informs some of what he does.

Yeah, I think he's fitting into that sorta-gruff uncle role for Alyssa. Over-all I like all the characters in my node so far, but I think Bastian and Jarem are the ones who most understand Alyssa's point of view. I still try to play her youth a bit with some of them (jumping at the non-agression deal for example), but I'm also sorta meta-gaming it since I expect like Dolmaya and Emily to counter balance it. Bastian, Jarem, and Alyssa are a solid core trio, though, and are very much in the 'get it done by any cost' camp.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Hey, can I ask you for a small post noting where all of Io's dragons are right now? That we know of.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on August 03, 2019, 02:58:15 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on August 03, 2019, 01:26:15 PM
Misc Feedback Notes

Yeah, I think he's fitting into that sorta-gruff uncle role for Alyssa. Over-all I like all the characters in my node so far, but I think Bastian and Jarem are the ones who most understand Alyssa's point of view. I still try to play her youth a bit with some of them (jumping at the non-agression deal for example), but I'm also sorta meta-gaming it since I expect like Dolmaya and Emily to counter balance it. Bastian, Jarem, and Alyssa are a solid core trio, though, and are very much in the 'get it done by any cost' camp.

* Anastasia nods.

Bastian's more about just getting it done, Jarem's a little more about strategy and tactics. There's an important difference there, but it's not overly obvious on a glance.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 04, 2019, 02:28:40 PM
Hey, can I ask you for a small post noting where all of Io's dragons are right now? That we know of.

Added to the todo list.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

An avatar has copies of the deity's signature equipment. These copies are little more than shadows tied to the avatar. They vanish if separated from the avatar for more than one hour (unless the deity chooses to loan them to a worshiper, in which case they last until returned) and reappear in the deity's divine realm. Copied items don't stack with the original of that item, nor does it stack with other copies of an item.

---

New update to how avatars work. You just get copies of the items, done. The bit about stacking is just a sanity check. This rule will take effect after the current adventure for Alicia and Seira's nodes, while for other nodes it goes into effect immediately.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Plotting out a future Latha rebuild. First draft looks like this (assuming level 34):

Astral Deva 34//Cleric 10/Contemplative 1/Angelic Champion 10/? 13

I'd like to drop the contemplative, perhaps get in an earlier entry PrC that's 5 levels and knock that out. Trick is finding one, of course. I'm toying with either running epic angelic champion or making a new PrC altogether for epic.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, this has been semi known for awhile, but level ups are coming fairly soon. I'm going to be taking more time than I did last batch for this. In the downtime expect the next hunk of IRC scenes.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Any movement on the template thingy?

Anastasia

No, it's on the todo list's agenda. It's a bit built up, I let it stack up due to the intensity of running all this stuff at once, including the Shar scenario.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Cool, I won't worry about planning for it this level up then.

Nephrite

Would you re-read over Singer of the Celestial Choir and let me know if you still want it to have 4/5ths casting?

I'm of the opinion that there's no real need to limit the spell casting progression on it since it is 1) an epic PrC to begin with and 2) it's pretty limited in its scope to begin with and 3) it has hefty requirements anyway.

That's at least my thought on it.

Anastasia

I'll take a gander before session. If I don't have a post by then, give me a poke.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Also getting close to something horrifying. Wish me luck.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite