News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

I ran a little late her, so I'll post about it mid session or so once I've had a chance to reflect.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

DM prep ran long, so realm posts + nagging reply will be in the morning.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 05, 2020, 04:03:10 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on March 04, 2020, 10:06:55 PM
Push come to shove I probably would treat it as good aligned, but in your case I don't think a situation where it matters and the spell isn't already good.

I'd disagree with the good creature protection. Goldenfire isn't meant to be safe - remember how Jaela and everyone got goldenfire exposures in that one adventure there and that wasn't a good thing? Same principle. What you're looking for is something like Purify or Consecrate Spell, whichever one it is that does that. Edit: Purify Spell. Edit 2: Let me know if I said something contrary to that re: Goldenfire. I half remember something but not concretely enough to be sure. If I've said otherwise gimme a quote or a link and I'll reconsider that decision.

It's basically fine otherwise since it's just a cleanup.

I suppose this is a difference in expectations that I really should've confirmed ahead of time, so my bad.

Given Golden Flames has an ability that hurts evil and heals good and is basically goldenfire I was aiming to build up on that. However, fair enough that it's not an inherently discriminate fire, I didn't consider that aspect. Still, the exposure sounds like a good way to justify the 'hard to heal' damage, so sure.

In that case...

Goldenfire Magic, v3:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Goldenfire Magic
Prerequisite: Divine rank 6, Fire domain, able to cast 9th level spells, Golden Flames
Benefit: Seira's magic is fueled by the purest fires of Creation. When those golden flames are used to form a spell or a spell-like ability, they strike down the wicked and spare the righteous. Evil creatures take 50% more damage from a goldenfire spell and suffer a -7 penalty to the saving throw, if applicable. Goldenfire damage inflicted in this manner can only be healed in areas sanctified by a Good-aligned deity and with a DC 43 caster level check or a successful opposed rank check against Seira.

What about the Good aspect of the original? Do I add it here, is my fire presumed to be Good all the way from Golden Flames?

That basically seems to be it without that? That's fine.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

There's a B3 nagging post up over there. Take a glance and if you know the answer, drop me a line over there.

Nagging about nagging. How meta.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Also I'm finally gonna get rid of Celestial Familiar. I'd like to retrain it for Combat Reflexes because that's really useful and I have an eye on Spellcasting Harrier next level.

Corwin

I'm thinking of dropping divine might and power attack in favor of toughness and deft opportunist, if it's eligible. Maybe rearrange my metamagic routine. Epic toughness to round it out.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

QuotePaladin (Complete Champion): Holy Warrior
   By giving up your spellcasting ability, you gain  access  to  bonus  feats much  as  a  fighter  does. This  choice  does  not,  however, close you off from divine influence—in fact, several of these feats actually increase your divine power.
   Level:  1st. 
   Replaces:  To  select this  class feature,  you must  sacrifice  your spellcasting  ability. 
   Benefit:  You  no  longer  gain  spells  as  a  paladin,  but  you  can  now  select  a  bonus  feat  at  4th,  8th,  11th,  and  14th  levels.  You  can  select  any  feat  from  the  following  list for which you meet the prerequisites:  any divine  feat  (see  page  53),  Cleave,  Extra  Smitingcw,  Extra  Turning,  Great  Cleave,  Improved  Smiting™,  Mounted  Combat,  Mounted  Archery,  Power Attack,  Ride-By Attack,  Skill  Focus  (Ride),  Spirited  Charge,  and Trample.  This  is  an  extraordinary  ability. 
   Special:  A paladin who  selects this path  can  no longer use scrolls, wands, or other magic items that require  access  to a spell list, unless she has another spellcasting class that grants  access to the appropriate spells.

Dune, would you accept Toughness, Darkstalker, Deft Opportunist and Whirlwind Attack as legitimate feats for this?

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on March 06, 2020, 12:28:27 PM
Also I'm finally gonna get rid of Celestial Familiar. I'd like to retrain it for Combat Reflexes because that's really useful and I have an eye on Spellcasting Harrier next level.

Okay, you certainly outgrew the feat at this point.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 06, 2020, 12:58:52 PM
I'm thinking of dropping divine might and power attack in favor of toughness and deft opportunist, if it's eligible. Maybe rearrange my metamagic routine. Epic toughness to round it out.

Sure, as you like. What about Deft Opportunist might not be eligible?

Any retrains will have to wait until you're back home and safe.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 06, 2020, 05:40:49 PM
QuotePaladin (Complete Champion): Holy Warrior
   By giving up your spellcasting ability, you gain  access  to  bonus  feats much  as  a  fighter  does. This  choice  does  not,  however, close you off from divine influence—in fact, several of these feats actually increase your divine power.
   Level:  1st. 
   Replaces:  To  select this  class feature,  you must  sacrifice  your spellcasting  ability. 
   Benefit:  You  no  longer  gain  spells  as  a  paladin,  but  you  can  now  select  a  bonus  feat  at  4th,  8th,  11th,  and  14th  levels.  You  can  select  any  feat  from  the  following  list for which you meet the prerequisites:  any divine  feat  (see  page  53),  Cleave,  Extra  Smitingcw,  Extra  Turning,  Great  Cleave,  Improved  Smiting™,  Mounted  Combat,  Mounted  Archery,  Power Attack,  Ride-By Attack,  Skill  Focus  (Ride),  Spirited  Charge,  and Trample.  This  is  an  extraordinary  ability. 
   Special:  A paladin who  selects this path  can  no longer use scrolls, wands, or other magic items that require  access  to a spell list, unless she has another spellcasting class that grants  access to the appropriate spells.

Dune, would you accept Toughness, Darkstalker, Deft Opportunist and Whirlwind Attack as legitimate feats for this?

Yes to Toughness and Whirlwind Attack (since the feat prereqs are houseruled down so that's not an issue, no to the other two.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Okay. I'm going to wait till level up anyway, probably, to do it all properly.

Nephrite

Just some spitball ideas for 13th/14th level healing spells.

Mass Greater Heal
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Clr 14, Drd 15, Hlr 14, Pal 13, Rgr 15
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Targets: One or more creatures, no two of which can be more than 60 ft. apart
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This spell functions like greater heal, except as noted above. The maximum number of hit points restored to each creature is 600.

(this one might make more sense at a lower level? 13 maybe instead of 14?) Mass Lunar Healing is the same level but heals for less, but I think I think Lunar Healing is more specialized? YMMV on whether you want the higher numbers. I don't have an objection to the numbers being lowered.

Shield of the Archangels
Abjuration/Conjuration (Healing) [Good]
Level: Clr 14, Hlr 14
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Living creature touched
Duration: 1 min/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell draws on the power of the Archangels to bolster a creature against evil. This spell causes a bright, golden shield to appear, hovering near the creature. The shield sheds light as a daylight spell. This shield interposes itself on any attack the creature suffers, giving them a +21 shield bonus to armor class, which also works against incorporeal and touch attacks against evil creatures. In addition, this shield is so sanctified that it pulses positive energy. Every round, the shield restores 7d7 hit points plus 1 per caster level (Maximum 35) to all allies within 70 feet, undead within the radius are damaged instead.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 07, 2020, 05:20:46 AM
Okay. I'm going to wait till level up anyway, probably, to do it all properly.

All good.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

The morning that isn't the 4 AM morning that is.
<Afina> Forever.