News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 02, 2018, 09:59:07 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 02, 2018, 09:25:53 AM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 01, 2018, 11:07:37 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 01, 2018, 10:59:21 PM
Yeah. I feel like what you need is a good long posting run, and our schedules don't always mesh for it.

Eh, yeah, but that's fairly normal. The only time I'm really around for posting is after work, and you leave not too long after I get home, and at night, so it is what it is. We'll get there.

We will, but I'd like a run with you some time. Maybe on a Sunday?

That's fine. I'm good whenever on the weekend, for the most part. Until blacksmithing starts again, at least.

Oh, that is true, when does that start back up?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Okay, one thing. This isn't a huge deal but it's consistent, so lemme lay this out there.

When you format a spell, the for sorcerers and wizards it is as follows:

Level: Sor/Wiz 4

Not

Level: Sorcerer 4, Wizard 4.

Also, alphabetize the abbreviations.

Level: Clr 39, Drd 18, Sor/Wiz 0

Not

Level: Drd 18, Sor/Wiz 0, Clr 39.

It really isn't a huge deal, but it seems to be spreading a bit so just gonna toss that out now. It's how I format the spell collection spells, so I'd really appreciate it if y'all mimic that. Makes my workload a little smaller. Thanks.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

6/2/18: Added 3 spells from Seira: 11: Seira's Unicorn Rainbow 12: Greater Dispelling Breath 13: Blazing Radiance

New spells in the collection, y'all.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

QuoteThree-Fold Breath
Transmutation
Level: Sorcerer 11, Wizard 11
Components: S
Casting Time: 1 swift action
Range: Personal
Target: Your breath weapon
Duration: 1 round/level

You bring other aspects of your arcane might into play, imbuing your fiery breath weapon with concussive force and bright light.

You imbue your damaging breath weapon with concussive force that can stun those caught in its area. Creatures that fail the breath weapon Reflex saves take full damage from the breath weapon and are blinded for 1 minute per caster level. They must also make successful Fortitude saves (DC equal to your breath weapon save DC) or be stunned for 1 round.

Let's not do no save blindness. The thing is, unless a creature has evasion, they're taking damage from the breath weapon regardless of the save. Therefore they're automatically blinded. The base spell specifics if they fail the save, not if they take damage from it.

Better? Honest mistake there.

Figured it was a legit mixup. Anyway, I'd remove the bit about taking full damage - that's automatic already pending improved evasion being a factor and adds unneeded complication, unless your intent is to work around evasion, in which case you should say so directly.  Just that if you fail the Reflex save you get blinded.

QuoteHarmonic Breath
Transmutation
Level: Sorcerer 9, Wizard 9

Your energy breath weapon deals whichever energy type that is most beneficial to you. For example, a creature immune to acid and cold, with resistance to electricity 30 and vulnerability to fire would take all fire damage from your breath weapon's energy damage.

Entirely reasonable for the level. But as much as Donald would like it for his transformation as long as he's your proxy, it's simply not in the limited range of spells duskblades get, so that needs to go.

Donald nuked, will consider a better alternative for him.

Done, added to the spell collection.

Healing Flames later, out of time before work.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Take 3!

Three-Fold Breath
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 11

You bring other aspects of your arcane might into play, imbuing your fiery breath weapon with concussive force and bright light.

You imbue your damaging breath weapon with concussive force that can stun those caught in its area. Creatures that fail the breath weapon Reflex saves are also blinded for 1 minute per caster level. They must also make successful Fortitude saves (DC equal to your breath weapon save DC) or be stunned for 1 round.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 01, 2018, 10:17:45 PMTryll

Langersun continues apace. Not a lot to say other than that 100 will have repercussions, but right now you're mid dungeon. We'll see about clearing some territory there soon and getting you moving again. I want to get things moving rather than you sitting in a long dungeon, since you feel a little outside of the plot's going ons right now. Missing a few night sessions didn't help, that's mostly on me. Fundamentally though, you don't have any of your node with you currently, which is something I regret setting up.

I may break my day off a little early and run you tonight, if you get home and are up to a posting session. I wanna see Tryll go.
1. I'm assuming Dana's pregnant or something. That'd be HILARIOUS. Also a disaster.

2. I actually don't feel shuttered from the overarching plot. I consider each node to be a separate entity that may occasionally intersect. I don't feel like I'm missing out at all. To me, everyone's doing their own thing and I'm pretty happy with it.

3. On missing sessions, I haven't exactly been the best either. I leave early-mid morning session for work and my posting ability is negligible while doing so now. I get home at 7 AZ time and spend an hour walking my dog. I don't usually sit down until 8 pm and that's fairly late for you. I can make the occasional post from my phone, but the tap-interface doesn't translate well to editing text. It's all good, my dude.

4. Being without Dana or Miranda is a bit disappointing, but RP-wise I'm entirely unsurprised Dana went off with Benyen. It's very much in character for her. As for Miranda, I expect her to be looking for a proxy position. If she fails, I'm going to have to drag her in front of either Tempus or Queen Morwel in order to plead the case. Or get Hanna to tell us her secrets. Actually, a trip to Pazunia would be fun.

5. I'm up for a few weekend posts if you are. If not, no worries.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on June 02, 2018, 10:03:01 AM
Oh, that is true, when does that start back up?

Correction, next weekend.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 02, 2018, 05:32:14 PM
Take 3!

Three-Fold Breath
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 11

You imbue your damaging breath weapon with concussive force that can stun those caught in its area. Creatures that fail the breath weapon Reflex saves are also blinded for 1 minute per caster level. They must also make successful Fortitude saves (DC equal to your breath weapon save DC) or be stunned for 1 round.

Looks fine, added to the collection.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 02, 2018, 05:42:46 PM1. I'm assuming Dana's pregnant or something. That'd be HILARIOUS. Also a disaster.

A hilarious disaster sounds about right.

Quote2. I actually don't feel shuttered from the overarching plot. I consider each node to be a separate entity that may occasionally intersect. I don't feel like I'm missing out at all. To me, everyone's doing their own thing and I'm pretty happy with it.

Glad to hear. I do try to keep the threads that connect this going and feed different facets and information to all of you.

Quote3. On missing sessions, I haven't exactly been the best either. I leave early-mid morning session for work and my posting ability is negligible while doing so now. I get home at 7 AZ time and spend an hour walking my dog. I don't usually sit down until 8 pm and that's fairly late for you. I can make the occasional post from my phone, but the tap-interface doesn't translate well to editing text. It's all good, my dude.

Yeah, I'm trying to stay up later but that's a bit tricky after work. We'll see how it goes and how we can sync up.

Quote4. Being without Dana or Miranda is a bit disappointing, but RP-wise I'm entirely unsurprised Dana went off with Benyen. It's very much in character for her. As for Miranda, I expect her to be looking for a proxy position. If she fails, I'm going to have to drag her in front of either Tempus or Queen Morwel in order to plead the case. Or get Hanna to tell us her secrets. Actually, a trip to Pazunia would be fun.

It really is, Dana saw the ball(s) and pounced. She does that a lot.

Miranda's in a spot, since one doesn't just go up to a deity and ask to be a proxy. I mean you can, but that's something a deity usually hands out to a trusted follower.  Emphasis on trusted, as there's ways and means for proxies to go bad and steal the proxy spark away for good.

Quote5. I'm up for a few weekend posts if you are. If not, no worries.

It went pretty well!

Meant to reply to this earlier and I just didn't for some stupid reason. My fault, I try and be prompt on weekly roundup discussion.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, on reflections lets do healing flames as clr 6 and pal 5.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Corwin

Yuth, Seira was considering establishing a portal network for a few locations on Lifasa so people could get around easier (and caravans~)
I saw you had some intentions of opening gates? Were they going to be off-world, or do you plan on building a cross-Lifasa portal network as well?

Anastasia

Iddy, could you get your spells together and note where we were at with each of them?
<Afina> Forever.