News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Sure. Once I'm home I'll consolidate them into a single new post with annotations.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Corwin on June 05, 2018, 06:13:53 PM
Yuth, Seira was considering establishing a portal network for a few locations on Lifasa so people could get around easier (and caravans~)
I saw you had some intentions of opening gates? Were they going to be off-world, or do you plan on building a cross-Lifasa portal network as well?
I had intended to build a portal network across Lifasa to improve trade and transportation, as well as to help with repopulation. I hadn't intended them to lead off-plane. You're welcome to build an interplanar portal, you wouldn't be stepping on my toes doing so.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

Would you like to cooperate on the internal Lifasa portal network? Seira has a proven design for it.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Cor, link me to the latest visage post and where we were at, or just quote the post altogether, would you?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Quote the first

Quote from: Corwin on June 02, 2018, 03:21:08 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 01, 2018, 08:56:28 PM
Dragonfire Burst added to spell collection.

QuoteSeira's Arcane Thesis
Divination
Level: Sor/Wiz 10
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level

You mantle yourself in a powerful magical field that facilitates both your magical offense and defense. Your spells are stronger and much harder to resist, cast with a +10 bonus on caster level checks for the purposes of overcoming spell resistance, and with their save DC increased by 5. As for your defense against hostile magic, counterspelling is an immediate action for you, allowing you to counterspell even when it is not your turn without having previously readied an action. You must still have the immediate actions available to counterspell in this manner.

From PM:

> Mmmm. If the counterspelling isn't anything new or crazy with the duration and not expiring, maybe...mmmm. It's basically a multitarget assay SR, which I'd put at something like level 6-7? Very roughly. Duelward is in the same range I think so a few more levels at least and then the DC bump. Hm. 13-14, very tentatively and not holding me to that since I have homework to do on that if it goes that far.

I haven't done that homework, will do it tonight and decide.

---

Did you add swift casting to each of the last three spells?

If you mean the three Visage spells, I did indeed! I asked you if it was possible to do the 'Seira worshippers' condition instead of 'dragonblooded cast this spell as swift' and you said you'd look into how dragonblooded spell boosts go. If you'll decide I can't, then I'll use the dragonblooded thing for all but the draconic visage for obvious reasons. This doesn't matter to Seira personally much since she has means for swift casting, but it seems like the sort of boon her faithful would enjoy.

Corwin

Quote the second

Quote from: Corwin on June 01, 2018, 07:19:08 AM
Spells, a bit cleaned up! Including the first one, which you wanted me to remind you of.

Dragonfire Burst
Spoiler: ShowHide
Dragonfire Burst
Evocation [Fire, Good]
Level: Pal 2
Components: V, DF
Casting Time: 1 swift action

Your dragonfire wrath burns hotter and with a hint of gold, dealing an extra 1d8 points of damage. Any melee attack you make while under dragonfire's wrath counts as good to overcome damage reduction for the duration of this spell.

Seira's Arcane Thesis
Seira's Arcane Thesis
Divination
Level: Sorcerer 10, Wizard 10
Components: V

You mantle yourself in a powerful magical field that facilitates both your magical offense and defense. Your spells are stronger and much harder to resist, cast with a +10 bonus on caster level checks for the purposes of overcoming spell resistance, and with their save DC increased by 5. As for your defense against hostile magic, counterspelling is an immediate action for you, allowing you to counterspell even when it is not your turn without having previously readied an action. You must still have the immediate actions available to counterspell in this manner.

Seira's Majestic Visage
Seira's Majestic Visage
Transmutation [Good]
Level: Cleric 12, Sorcerer 12, Wizard 12, Druid 12, Bard 10, Paladin 10, Duskblade 8
Components: V, S

You are surrounded by a fiery haze, radiant and terrible beyond measure. Your allies are reassured, even awed, while the evil you are facing down is cowed with the surety of its defeat. You become a blazingly hot beacon of the powers of good. Your creature type changes to outsider (good) for the duration of the spell. Unlike other outsiders, you can be brought back from the dead if you are killed in this form.

You undergo the following transformations:
• You grow feathered wings that allow you to fly at twice your normal speed (good maneuverability).
• You gain +1 natural armor.
• You gain low-light vision.
• You gain resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and electricity 10.
• You gain immunity to disease.
• You gain a +4 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
• You gain damage reduction 10/magic.
• You gain spell resistance 25.
• You gain the following bonuses to your ability scores: +4 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Int, +4 Wis, +4 Cha.

You gain a +10 enhancement bonus on Diplomacy checks with Good characters, and a +10 enhancement bonus on Intimidate checks with Evil characters for the duration of the spell.

Any fire you generate during the duration of the spell becomes Goldenfire, ignoring fire resistance or immunity and dealing x1.5 more damage to Evil targets and no damage at all to Neutral and Good targets.

This spell is a closely guarded secret of Seira's faith, only taught personally by Seira to her most capable faithful. The inspiration for the spell is Seira's friend Alicia overcoming terrible odds.

Special: Seira's faithful can cast this spell as a swift action.

Seira's Glorious Visage
Seira's Glorious Visage
Transmutation [Good, Fire]
Level: Cleric 10, Paladin 8
Components: V, S, DF

You draw up to your full height, and your presence acquires the special quality that suggests to all who gaze upon you the favorable touch of divinity. You assume the physical appearance and many of the qualities and abilities of a movanic deva. While under the effect of the spell, your creature type changes to outsider (good) and your size changes to Medium. You gain a +4 sacred bonus to Strength, Dexterity and Constitution. You gain darkvision out to 60ft. You gain a +4 sacred bonus on saving throws. You gain damage reduction 5/evil. Your base land speed increases by 10 feet. Your touch attacks and any melee weapons you wield become infused with this power as well. They are treated as good-aligned weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Your melee or natural weapons are cloaked in flames, dealing grievous harm to evil. You deal an extra 1d8 points of fire damage per strike for every 5 caster levels you have. This extra fire damage stacks with any other sources of fire damage you might have, such as from Dragonfire Wrath. For the duration of this spell, you also gain the Stand Fast paladin ability as a paladin of your level. If you already are a paladin with this ability, your uses of it from both sources stack.

An aura of silvery glow springs into being around your body, providing illumination to a radius of 20 feet. Anyone within those 20 feet of you gains a +4 deflection bonus to AC and a +4 resistance bonus to saves against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures. You gain a -20 circumstance penalty on Stealth checks made while under the effect of this spell.

This spell is a closely guarded secret of Seira's faith and is given to her most capable clerics and paladins.

Special: Outsiders cannot cast this spell.

Seira's Draconic Visage
Seira's Draconic Visage
Transmutation [Fire]
Level: Sorcerer 12, Wizard 12

A spell created by Seira, it is designed to showcase her combat spirit and help those not blessed by the blood of dragons grasp the pinnacle of their power, however fleetingly. It draws its inspiration from two seemingly opposite aspects of her, the primal draconic power running through her veins and the carefully thought-out approach to combat she all-too-often favors, managing to perfectly mesh them for an unstoppable juggernaut!

You undergo the following transformations:
• You grow draconic wings that allow you to fly at twice your normal speed (perfect maneuverability).
• You gain +4 natural armor.
• You gain low-light vision and darkvision out to 60ft.
• You gain immunity to fire.
• You gain immunity to sleep and paralysis effects.
• You gain a breath weapon that deals 10d10 points of damage of fire (120ft line or 60ft cone). A successful Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Con modifier) reduces damage by half.
• You gain the following bonuses to your ability scores: +8 Str, +2 Con, +2 Int, +2 Cha.

You gain proficiency with Seira's favorite weapon (short sword) and the Weapon Focus feat for it, as well as the ability to use it with a monk's flurry. You also gain the Weapon Finesse feat and the evasion ability (PH 50).

You gain a +3 luck bonus to Armor Class, a +5 luck bonus on Reflex saving throws and a +15 competence bonus on Perception and Stealth checks.

You deal an extra 5d6 points of damage whenever you attack an opponent that you flank or an opponent denied its Dexterity bonus to Armor Class. This extra damage works like the rogue's sneak attack ability.

This spell is a closely guarded secret of Seira's faith.

Special: Dragonblooded cannot cast this spell.
Special: Clerics who serve Seira may select this spell as if it was on the cleric list.

Iron Dragoon

These are the three that basically made it through the attrition. Vamp Blade got the bump to 1d8, Righteous Blade you settled on level 11, and you never definitively said anything about Aerial Assembly after I clarified my intention to you.

Also noting the Epic Mapmaking stuff, just for the sake of it not getting lost.

Blade of the Vampire
Transmutation
Level: Sorc/Wiz 4
Components: V,
Range: Touch
Target: Weapon touched
Duration: 1 minute/level (D)

The touched weapon is briefly shrouded in blood. A vampiric weapon deals an extra 1d8 points of damage to any living creature it hits, and you heal damage equal to this amount.

RE: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104100.msg1113723.html#msg1113723

Blade of the Righteous
Transmutation
Level: Brd 11, Sor/Wiz 11
Range: Close (25ft + 5ft 2/levels)
Target: One weapon touched
Duration 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

The touched weapon become the pinnacle of evil slaying, becoming a +5 weapon of Holy and the Bane of Evil Outsiders, Lawful Outsiders, and Undead of Transmuting. The affected weapon gains the Holy property, imparting an additional 2d6 points of damage against all of evil alignment. In addition, the weapon gains the Bane property against Evil Outsiders and Lawful Outsiders, as well as the Undead. Finally, the weapon gains the Transmuting property, able to adjust its composition to overcome the DR of the target the round after a successful strike. It retains this composition until a new target is hit or for 10 rounds.

RE: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104100.msg1114562.html#msg1114562

Alyssa's Aerial Assembly
Transmutation/Conjuration
Level: Brd 11, Sor/Wiz 11
Range: Close (25ft + 5ft 2/levels)
Target: One weapon touched
Duration 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

With a word and a gesture, the weapon you touch becomes blurred, then sudden splits into copies of itself.

This spell creates one copy per caster level of the targeted weapon, which retains all effects of the original weapon. Additionally, the original weapon and all copies become animated as the Dancing Blade spell, with the additional ability to gain the benefits of feats and abilities the caster might have.

RE: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104100.msg1114580.html#msg1114580

Yuthirin

Quote from: Corwin on June 06, 2018, 01:13:11 PM
Would you like to cooperate on the internal Lifasa portal network? Seira has a proven design for it.
sure would!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

Okay, Item Familiar. I don't have anywhere *near* enough cash to buy what I want, and after messing with the math, Cor's right. As much as I want the negative levels on hit, it's just way too expensive for me to use as a base, since I've got a working fund of 53,722gp. And that's every coin I've got. So, that leaves me with starting from scratch.

Scimitar: 15gp. +1: 2000+15=2015gp. Transmuting is a +2, so +3 for 18,015gp. Holy is a +2, so +5 is 50,015gp. Unless having access to the Arcane Order offers someone who can make stuff at a discount, that's the absolute max I can pull.

Now this a farther-down-the-line problem, but the abilities the Item Familiar gets for free still add to its cost. So +4 from those pulls it to a +9. If I toss in +4 to make it a +5 weapon, that's +13, which isn't on the scale.

Anastasia

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php?topic=103118.msg1093879#msg1093879

Relevant to Iddy, has epic price tables in the weapon/armor sections as well as the formula to continue past them.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Iddy, show me a typical attack routine that you'd throw down with Aerial Assembly.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on June 06, 2018, 11:29:49 PM
Iddy, show me a typical attack routine that you'd throw down with Aerial Assembly.

Assuming I start wielding the weapon with TK before round 1 here. Also, while AAA is 1 weapon per CL, I'm fully expecting to have that cut down since the Dancing Blade routine caps at 21 weapons (with Chain Spell).

Round 1: Alyssa's Aerial Assembly (30 round duration, 30 weapons)

Round 2: Greater Magic Weapon (Reach, Echoing): 21 weapons

Round 3: Attack:
TK Weapon: ATK 1 @+38+5
TK Weapon: ATK 2 @+33+5
TK Weapon: ATK 3 @+28+5
TK Weapon: ATK 4 @+23+5

AAA Weapon 1: 39+5
AAA Weapon 2: 39+5
AAA Weapon 3: 39+5
AAA Weapon 4: 39+5
AAA Weapon 5: 39+5
AAA Weapon 6: 39+5
AAA Weapon 7: 39+5
AAA Weapon 8: 39+5
AAA Weapon 9: 39+5
AAA Weapon 10: 39+5
AAA Weapon 11: 39+5
AAA Weapon 12: 39+5
AAA Weapon 13: 39+5
AAA Weapon 14: 39+5
AAA Weapon 15: 39+5
AAA Weapon 16: 39+5
AAA Weapon 17: 39+5
AAA Weapon 18: 39+5
AAA Weapon 19: 39+5
AAA Weapon 20: 39+5
AAA Weapon 21: 39+5
AAA Weapon 22: 39+5
AAA Weapon 23: 39+5
AAA Weapon 24: 39+5
AAA Weapon 25: 39+5
AAA Weapon 26: 39+5
AAA Weapon 27: 39+5
AAA Weapon 28: 39+5
AAA Weapon 29: 39+5
AAA Weapon 30: 39+5

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 06, 2018, 10:30:59 PM
Okay, Item Familiar. I don't have anywhere *near* enough cash to buy what I want, and after messing with the math, Cor's right. As much as I want the negative levels on hit, it's just way too expensive for me to use as a base, since I've got a working fund of 53,722gp. And that's every coin I've got. So, that leaves me with starting from scratch.

Scimitar: 15gp. +1: 2000+15=2015gp. Transmuting is a +2, so +3 for 18,015gp. Holy is a +2, so +5 is 50,015gp. Unless having access to the Arcane Order offers someone who can make stuff at a discount, that's the absolute max I can pull.

Now this a farther-down-the-line problem, but the abilities the Item Familiar gets for free still add to its cost. So +4 from those pulls it to a +9. If I toss in +4 to make it a +5 weapon, that's +13, which isn't on the scale.

Okay. Run me through how it's gonna look for you now?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 06, 2018, 09:36:34 PM
Quote from: Corwin on June 06, 2018, 01:13:11 PM
sure would!

Okay, this sounds like a great way for you two to tag-team things. This should come up IC the next time one or both of you work on portals, most likely, so just bear it in mind.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 06, 2018, 11:39:35 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 06, 2018, 11:29:49 PM

Assuming I start wielding the weapon with TK before round 1 here. Also, while AAA is 1 weapon per CL, I'm fully expecting to have that cut down since the Dancing Blade routine caps at 21 weapons (with Chain Spell).

Round 1: Alyssa's Aerial Assembly (30 round duration, 30 weapons)

Round 2: Greater Magic Weapon (Reach, Echoing): 21 weapons

Round 3: Attack:
TK Weapon: ATK 1 @+38+5
TK Weapon: ATK 2 @+33+5
TK Weapon: ATK 3 @+28+5
TK Weapon: ATK 4 @+23+5

AAA Weapon 1: 39+5
AAA Weapon 2: 39+5
AAA Weapon 3: 39+5
AAA Weapon 4: 39+5
AAA Weapon 5: 39+5
AAA Weapon 6: 39+5
AAA Weapon 7: 39+5
AAA Weapon 8: 39+5
AAA Weapon 9: 39+5
AAA Weapon 10: 39+5
AAA Weapon 11: 39+5
AAA Weapon 12: 39+5
AAA Weapon 13: 39+5
AAA Weapon 14: 39+5
AAA Weapon 15: 39+5
AAA Weapon 16: 39+5
AAA Weapon 17: 39+5
AAA Weapon 18: 39+5
AAA Weapon 19: 39+5
AAA Weapon 20: 39+5
AAA Weapon 21: 39+5
AAA Weapon 22: 39+5
AAA Weapon 23: 39+5
AAA Weapon 24: 39+5
AAA Weapon 25: 39+5
AAA Weapon 26: 39+5
AAA Weapon 27: 39+5
AAA Weapon 28: 39+5
AAA Weapon 29: 39+5
AAA Weapon 30: 39+5

Okay, let's try and find a way of doing this that isn't requiring 30+ attack rolls a round it's in play. It's a neat image, but balance wise 30 attacks gets you a look, as well as the simple practicality of it. That many attack rolls is going to be a slow down to hash out each time you attack with it, which makes it rather impractical.
<Afina> Forever.