News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Sounds fine. Gather all the spells (including the non epic root ones) and let's see where we're at. I think most are approved, Cor.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

> roll 4#1d10
<Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 4#1d10 --> [ 1d10=9 ]{9}, [ 1d10=8 ]{8}, [ 1d10=5 ]{5}, [ 1d10=10 ]{10}

Jetina HP rolls. She did well.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Since I apparently never posted epic healer:

Absolute Healing [Epic]
Prerequisite: Brilliant Apotheosis, wis 25
Benefit: You can heal vile damage as if it were normal damage, as well as other sources of damage that cannot be healed except in special situations, such as frostburn damage. You must succeed on any caster level checks or have a sufficient caster level to do so, if required. Additionally, you can restore hit points permanently lost, such as from a lavawight's blazefire. Doing so requires a restoration or greater restoration spell.

Her Healer 29 feat.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

That's one of those "not usually very useful but incredibly amazing when it's needed" feats.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on June 13, 2018, 12:14:07 PM
That's one of those "not usually very useful but incredibly amazing when it's needed" feats.

Yes. Eb suggested a CL check boost for those times where an opposed check or minimum CL is needed. I probably won't add it to that, but a followup feat for a large bonus (+10, maybe?) feels reasonable. It's niche enough that a big bonus to the roll feels defensible, but I'll figure it out when I get to it.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I think these are all the spells that didn't make it to spell collections so far:

QuoteSeira's Majestic Visage
Transmutation [Good]
Level: Clr 12, Pal 10

This spell functions as greater visage of the deity, except as noted here. You gain a +10 enhancement bonus on Diplomacy checks against good characters and the same bonus to Intimidate checks against evil characters. For the duration of this spell, any spell with the fire descriptor you cast is treated as goldenfire, ignoring fire resistance and immunity, as well as dealing 150% damage to evil targets, while dealing no damage to neutral or good targets. This does not stack with the benefits of the goldenfire spell feat.

This spell is a closely guarded secret of Seira's faith, only taught personally by Seira to her most capable faithful.

QuoteSeira's Glorious Visage
Transmutation [Good, Fire]
Level: Clr 10, Pal 8
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level

This spell functions as holy transformation, with several new abilities as noted here.

You gain a +4 sacred bonus to Dexterity.

Your melee and natural weapons are cloaked in flames, dealing an extra 1d8 points of fire damage per strike for every 5 caster levels you have. This stacks with other sources of fire damage, such as a flaming weapon or dragonfire wrath.

You glow with golden flames, providing illumination in a 20ft radius. All allies within 20ft gain a +4 deflection bonus to armor class and a +4 resistance bonus to saving throws against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures. You gain a -20 circumstance penalty to Hide checks for the duration.

As an immediate action, you may add your Charisma modifier (minimum 1) on the saving throws and CMD of all allies within 20 feet excluding yourself. This bonus lasts for 1 round. The spell ends after you use it in this manner.

This spell is a closely guarded secret of Seira's faith and is given to her most capable clerics and paladins.

QuoteSeira's Draconic Visage
Transmutation [Fire]
Level: Sor/Wiz 12
Components: V, S

A spell created by Seira, it is designed to showcase her combat spirit and help those not blessed by the blood of dragons grasp the pinnacle of their power, however fleetingly. It draws its inspiration from two seemingly opposite aspects of her, the primal draconic power running through her veins and the carefully thought-out approach to combat she all-too-often favors, managing to perfectly mesh them for an unstoppable juggernaut.

You undergo the following transformations:

You grow draconic wings that allow you to fly at twice your normal speed (perfect maneuverability).
You gain +4 natural armor.
You gain low-light vision and darkvision out to 60ft.
You gain immunity to fire.
You gain immunity to sleep and paralysis effects.
You gain a breath weapon that deals 10d10 points of damage of fire (120ft line or 60ft cone). A successful Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Con modifier) reduces damage by half.
You gain the following bonuses to your ability scores: +8 Str, +2 Con, +2 Int, +2 Cha.

You gain proficiency with Seira's favorite weapon (short sword) and the Weapon Focus feat for it, as well as the ability to use it with a monk's flurry. You also gain the Weapon Finesse feat and the evasion ability (PH 50).

You gain a +3 luck bonus to Armor Class, a +5 luck bonus on Reflex saving throws and a +15 competence bonus on Perception and Stealth checks.

You deal an extra 5d6 points of damage whenever you attack an opponent that you flank or an opponent denied its Dexterity bonus to Armor Class. This extra damage works like the rogue's sneak attack ability.

Clerics and paladins with the Initiate of Seira feat can select this spell as if it were on the cleric spell list.

This spell is a closely guarded secret of Seira's faith.

QuoteHealing Flames
Conjuration (Healing) [Fire, Good]
Level: Clr 6, Pal 5, Sor/Wiz 7
Area: 10-ft.-radius burst, centered on you
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex half; see text;
Spell Resistance: Yes

You unleash a blast of holy flames that washes over all creatures in the area in a glorious display of divine power. This deals damage to evil creatures and heals good creatures in the area. The amount of damage dealt and the number of hit points restored in each case is 1d8 points per 2 caster levels (maximum 5d8).

Half of the damage this spell deals to evil creatures is fire damage, and half of the damage is pure divine power that is therefore not subject to reduction by energy resistance to fire-based attacks.

Neutral enemies within the spell's area of effect also take the fire damage, but do not take the divine damage. Neutral allies within the area are healed by half as much as good creatures. A successful Reflex saving throw halves the damage taken in all cases.

QuoteHarmonic Breath
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 9
Components: S
Casting Time: 1 swift action
Target: Your breath weapon

Your energy breath weapon deals whichever energy type that is most beneficial to you. For example, a creature immune to acid and cold, with resistance to electricity 30 and vulnerability to fire would take all fire damage from your breath weapon's energy damage.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 11, 2018, 09:22:33 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 11, 2018, 02:37:23 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 07, 2018, 05:01:58 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 07, 2018, 11:55:13 AM
Let's try 1/4th and see how that goes. Write up a version of AAA with 1/4th and we'll see how that works in play.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Alyssa's Aerial Assembly
Transmutation/Conjuration
Level: Brd 11, Sor/Wiz 11
Range: Close (25ft + 5ft 2/levels)
Target: One weapon touched
Duration 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

With a word and a gesture, the weapon you touch becomes blurred, then sudden splits into copies of itself.

This spell creates one copy per four caster levels of the targeted weapon, which retains all effects of the original weapon. Additionally, the original weapon and all copies become animated as the Dancing Blade spell, with the additional ability to gain the benefits of feats and abilities the caster might have.

Do me a favor and post an attack routine with it, including estimated damage output assuming all hit and damage per hit.

Okay, the following assumes a few things: 1) I haven't further boosted my CL past 30. 2) I haven't boosted my Int bonus past +9. 3) I haven't applied any additional damage spells like Blessing of the Righteous or Weapon of Energy or Vampire Blade or anything. 4) The target weapon I'm copying is my Item Familiar. 5) The creature I'm attacking is a legal target for both Bane and Holy enhancements. 5) Transmuting has already kicked in and I'm now bypassing DR (so round 2). 6) I've chosen to TK attack instead of cast a spell. 7) I have not cast Dolorous Blow, which would double my Crit Threat and Auto-Confirm my crits (Scimitar crit range is 18-20, so with Dolorous Blow, it'd be 16-20). 8) I'm using my TK SLA instead of TK as a spell (Spell TK attack bonus is +5 across the board). 9) Every attack hits for totaling damage (I know it won't, but it makes totaling easier).

Math notes:
Attack bonus is 38. 30 HD+5MotUH+3Cha. The +5 is from GMW, and the +2 is from Bane.
Damage: 1d6 is weapon base. +10 is 3Cha+5GMW+2Bane (It says to consider the enchantment bonus as +2 higher and since to-hit bonuses apply to damage, I'm assuming that applies to damage also). +2d6 is Bane. +2d6 is Holy.

> roll 1d20+38+5+2 TK Weapon: ATK 1
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 64 > [d20=19]
> roll 1d20+38+5+2 TK Weapon: ATK 1 crit confirm
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 59 > [d20=14]
> roll 2d6+20+2d6+2d6 crit
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 38 > [d6=1,4,3,2,3,5]

> roll 1d20+33+5+2 TK Weapon: ATK 2
> roll 1d6+10+2d6+2d6
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 45 > [d20=5]
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 33 > [d6=3,4,5,6,5]

> roll 1d20+28+5+2 TK Weapon: ATK 3
> roll 1d6+10+2d6+2d6
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 50 > [d20=15]
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 30 > [d6=5,6,5,1,3]

> roll 1d20+23+5+2 TK Weapon: ATK 4
> roll 1d6+10+2d6+2d6
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 36 > [d20=6]
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 27 > [d6=5,1,6,4,1]

> roll 1d20+39+5+2 AAA Weapon 1
> roll 1d6+10+2d6+2d6
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 49 > [d20=3]
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 28 > [d6=2,5,6,4,1]

> roll 1d20+39+5+2 AAA Weapon 2
> roll 1d6+10+2d6+2d6
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 50 > [d20=4]
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 31 > [d6=5,4,5,1,6]

> roll 1d20+39+5+2 AAA Weapon 3
> roll 1d6+10+2d6+2d6
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 48 > [d20=2]
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 27 > [d6=4,3,3,6,1]

> roll 1d20+39+5+2 AAA Weapon 4
> roll 1d6+10+2d6+2d6
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 50 > [d20=4]
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 30 > [d6=2,6,6,4,2]

> roll 1d20+39+5+2 AAA Weapon 5
> roll 1d6+10+2d6+2d6
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 55 > [d20=9]
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 36 > [d6=5,6,3,6,6]

> roll 1d20+39+5+2 AAA Weapon 6
> roll 1d6+10+2d6+2d6
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 51 > [d20=5]
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 26 > [d6=1,3,3,4,5]

> roll 1d20+39+5+2 AAA Weapon 7
> roll 1d6+10+2d6+2d6
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 62 > [d20=16]
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 31 > [d6=4,6,5,5,1]

Damage Total: 337 damage.
Out of 11 attacks, 8 were below a 10 roll. Iddy luck strikes again. Assuming those didn't hit:
Damage total: 99 damage.

Okay, we'll test this on you and see how it goes.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Dune, I'm requesting your opinion on the 3.0 spell Fiendish Quickening. Is that sort of thing valid? I've been thinking of going for a Good-aligned version of it, and a more generic SLA-quickening one of a higher level, if so (similarly to Arcane Spellsurge).

Anastasia

Sorry for no progress this morning, had some stuff to do. I'll catch up tonight if I don't DM - Thursdays are always a bit of a question mark. Otherwise it's a weekend goal.

Quote from: Corwin on June 14, 2018, 08:18:13 AM
Dune, I'm requesting your opinion on the 3.0 spell Fiendish Quickening. Is that sort of thing valid? I've been thinking of going for a Good-aligned version of it, and a more generic SLA-quickening one of a higher level, if so (similarly to Arcane Spellsurge).

Did the BoED do a version of it? It did flip a few BoVD spells around like that.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

You are correct! It is the spell Quickshift.

[spoiler](Book of Exalted Deeds, p. 104)

Transmutation [Good]
Level: Cleric 6, Sorcerer 6, Wizard 6,
Components: V, S, Celestial
Casting Time: 1 round

For the duration of this spell, the caster's teleport or greater teleport spell-like ability is quickened (as if enhanced with the Quicken Spell feat). This spell has no effect on other spells or spell-like abilities.

Corwin

Is it valid, then? And what about the more general spell?

Anastasia

IRC crosspastings.

In regards to Alicia's thread today.

> Aliciapost of you said something there that warranted a diplo check.

Alicia said the right words to allow a Diplo check, not merely getting one. She had to aim and use it right to get that far.

> Alicia post of you hit on it a post or two ago - it was ultimately a battle of ideas here, and you confronted and defeated hers pretty cleanly.
<Ebiris> I'm more than just a sword-blender!
* Seira nods
<Seira> I approve
<Seira> I wonder what special snowflake gets sent to me to get me to identify with them
<Seira> She'd surely be PC-tier
> Aliciapost.
> Normally I'd never tell y'all this, but I feel this is a freebie first time and worth reminding you - Shar wins when things are destroyed, ruined, obliterated. If you'd slain her, sure, you'd save Sylica from the shadows, but you'd still see the final end of a woman suffering. Either way there, what Shar is triumphs. Whenever possible, life and living is what defeats Shar. Alicia could've gone suicidal by her own hand or death by bandits when her family was killed, but she overcame that. This woman was one that wasn't, and thus the mirror and a way for Shar to win even if you slew her. You neatly turned that around on her.
<Ebiris> She was more sympathetic than Senaril.
> Not a hard bar to clear.
<Seira> Yes
<Seira> The no eating people bar
> In a broad sense you can feel sympathy for any Sharran.
> But some  much more than others.
<Seira> Plenty of them are sick sadists
<Seira> Even Cresiel would kill
> Oh sure they are. Shar twists people - and admittedly draws some who are like that anyway.
<Ebiris> Kesse royal family also shitty.
> For every psycho Shar draws in and lets be themselves, she has several who would never be that way if not for Shar's influence.

Cross pasting since it's worth everyone keeping in mind when dealing with Shar.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I would like to know what the notes on Elemental Harmony and our insights into this after Afina and Omni say, both in fluff and in mechanical terms. Just a short summary for each.

I also want the same for the behemoth research, please.

Finally, if there's some overlap I can immediately see together with Sanzha, what is it? We'll be well-buffed so any checks would be past DC100.

Ebiris

Alicia is interested in the behemoth stuff too. Syala's an epic druid, she probably has good insights to share!

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.