Psychokinesis
Level: Psychic warrior 6
Display: Visual
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level
Power Points: 11

All physical attacks made by you are treated as force effects for the duration of this power.

Augment
For every additional power point you spend, this power's duration increases by 2 rounds.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Examine Astral Reverberations
Clairsentience
Level: Psion/wilder 9
Display: Mental and visual
Manifesting Time: 1 minute
Duration: Instantaneous
Power Points: 17

This power taps information stored in tha astra, such as a creature's movements or location. This power shows the movements of said creature and all of their actions taken within the last week, as well as who and what they interacted with.

This power does not work on any plane that is not connected in some way to the astral plane. This power only functions on creatures and objects with an astral presence; a mind. Inert, non-magical objects such as walls or non-thinking creatures such as non-intelligent oozes and mindless undead are invisible to this power.

Augment
If an additional 5 power points are spent, the power also attempts to postulate a likely future outcome. This provides a benefit similar to that of a divination, but less cryptic. Any information conveyed would concern one single action or possible action regarding that creature, and the question must be phrased to outline the direction for the power to take. Information conveyed can be contained in no more than one single sentance.

If an additional 10 power points are spent, the manifestor may make an opposed caster level check to reveal information about a target that has or had an active mind blank spell.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Astral Ingress
Psychoportation
Level: Psion/wilder 8
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Target: Willing creature touched, or up to eight willing creatures joining hands
Duration: Instantaneous or concentration (up to 1 round/level)
Power Points: 15

This power creates an interdimensional connection between your current plane of existence and a plane you specify, allowing travel between those two planes in either direction. The ingress itself is a circular hoop or disk from 5 to 20 feet in diameter (manifestor's choice), oriented in the direction you desire when it comes into existence (typically vertical and facing you). It is a two-dimensional window looking into the plane you specified when manifesting the power, and anyone or anything that moves through is shunted instantly to the other side.

Augment
If you spend an additional 4 power points, the duration of this power becomes minutes/level.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 23, 2018, 07:41:12 AM
New spell! This one takes inspiration from Legion's Gates, and uses the Gate aesthetic over Teleportation Circle since it's more convenient for multiple portals surrounding you. Since epic Paladins could use Legion's Gates, I wonder if maybe epic Duskblades could do this due to their teleportation options?

Seira's Portal Network
Conjuration (Teleportation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 12

This spell functions as Teleportation Circle, except as follows. Instead of only one destination, you can designate one more destination target per three caster levels you possess. They must all must go to the same plane (and layer of that plane, if appropriate) as the point of origin.

The portals themselves are circular hoops or disks from 5 to 20 feet in diameter (caster's choice), oriented in the direction you desire when they come into existence (typically vertical and facing you). Each is a two-dimensional window looking into the destination you specified when casting the spell, and anyone or anything that moves through is shunted instantly to the other side. A portal has a front and a back. Creatures moving through the portal from the front are transported to the other plane; creatures moving through it from the back are not.

Clerics and paladins with the Initiate of Seira feat can select this spell as if it were on the cleric spell list.

Material Component
Amber dust to draw the portals (cost 1,000 gp per destination).

Okay, questions.

1. Is this meant to be permanency-able like teleportation circle is? Normally I wouldn't mention it, but this spell is fiddly enough that I want to make sure we're on the same page.

2. Expensive in cost but that works well since this is meant for longer lasting/permanent teleportation networks rather than temporary gates. This is the sort of thing that exists in setting already, though I've never written and posted it. You're not treading new ground, that's not a problem for you?

That aside, I'd suggest changing the casting time to 10 minutes per destination. This is completely a non-combat spell and it's essentially a flavor issue here, and I think that would reflect it better.

Do epic duskblades get teleport circle?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 01:03:25 AM
Greater Dispel Psionics
Psychokinesis
Level: Psion/wilder 6
Target or Area:   One manifester, creature, or object; or 20-ft.-radius burst
Duration: Instantaneous or 1d4 rounds; see text
Saving Throw: None
Power Resistance: No

This power functions like dispel psionics, except as shown in the augment below.

Augment
For every additional power point you spend, the bonus on your dispel check increases by 2 (to a maximum bonus of +40 for a 10-point expenditure).

Additionally, if 10 or more power points are spent, greater dispel psionics can dispel any effect that remove curse can remove.

Request: Write out the power next time instead of copy/pasting the info block from the SRD. It does weird things to the formatting and I just end up rewriting it anyway.

That aside? The point of the power's perfectly fine, though I'd push it into epic. Dispel psionics as written looks to be meant to be comprehensive of dispel magic and greater dispel magic. It's the sort of thing you shouldn't really get until you need it - you can get greater dispel magic at level 11 normally, which is right on time for the expanded cap for the dispel modifier to be useful. As it stands now, this power isn't really needed until level 21 mechanically, and more over, it lets non epic psionicists really overcharge their dispel checks.

So I have no problem with the power, just not at level 6. At level 21 and able to spend 21 points on a power (earlier with shenanigans), you can throw around a +40 dispel check before any bonuses. That's out of line with balance.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 01:47:49 AM
Echoing Implosion
Psychokinesis
Level: Psion/wilder 10, Kineticist 10
Display: Auditory and material
Mainfesting time: 1 standard round
Range: Medium :100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area: One explosion in a 20 ft. radius.
Duration: Instantaneous.
Saving Throw: Reflex half; see text
Power Points: 19

Upon manifesting this power, you choose cold, electricity, fire, or sonic. You create a single implosion, pulling said energy out of the surrounding area toward the power's epicenter. This implosion deals 10d10 damage to every creature and object in the specified area. The implosion creates a strong inward pressure, pulling loose objects and even creatures into the epicenter from up to 40 ft. away from the epicenter. Any creature or object that fails a reflex save to grab onto something to anchor it is pulled into the center of the implosion.

Augment
For every 4 additional power points you spend, the implosion occurs again. Any creature or object that has failed its Reflex save or was caught at the epicenter is expelled violently from the epicenter in a random direction, only to be immediately pulled back inside. The violent motion causes any creatures to become nauseated. Additionally, the power's DC increases by 1 for every echo caused.

Okay, first of all power point expenditure. Powers seem to use PP generation equal the minimum caster level for a full caster. For example, a level 1 power costs one power point. A level 3 power costs 5 power points and so on and so forth. That's the structure I used for epic psionics (with the understanding that non full casters like psychic warriors buck this a bit, but they're a bit weird in that system as written already). So the base power points used should be 21. (24th for an 11th level power, 27 for a 12th level power and so on and so forth.)

Do secondary implosions allow additional Reflex saves?

Seems fine in general, though.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 01:57:39 AM
Temporal Stabilization
Psychoportation
Level: Psion/wilder 11
Display: Olfactory
Range: 100 ft. radius centered on you
Target: Self
Duration: 5 rounds
Power Resistance: None, see text
Power Points: 21

This power creates a field centered on you that prevents all forms of temporal manipulation. Powers like time hop, temporal acceleration, and spells like time stop fail to function. Any spell-like abilities or the abilities of creatures like quaruts are similarly suppressed by this field. This can be overcome by an opposed caster level check against that of the manifestor.

Augment
For every 4 additional power points you spend, the duration of this power is extended by 1 round.

Okay, now I have no problem with the power mechanically. This sort of thing is apt, I have a few anti time stop spells I've never had reason to post that do things like this.

It's not a question of mechanics, it's a question of flavor. Namely, the Temporal Compact in Balmuria prevents temporal shenanigans and magic. Time stop is merely great speed, as is temporal acceleration. Powers are reflavored if possible and discarded if not. As flavored this spell wouldn't be legal as written; however, a simple few tweaks to make it an anti time stop/temporal acceleration power would be 100% kosher. I'll even toss one of mine out as an example.

Incidentally, as discussed in Seira's thread this week, temporal magic/powers aren't even difficult in Creation. They're just banned by divine agreement and enforcement. There's an entire school of magic called chronomancy banned to everyone, akin to conjuration, abjuration or evocation. I can link you if you haven't read it.

Time Stop Stopper
Abjuration
Level: Sor/Wiz 11
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 100ft
Area: 100ft radius emanation, centered on you
Duration: 10 min/level
Spell Resistance: No

This emanation prevents time stop, temporal acceleration or similar spells, spell-like abilities, psionic powers or supernatural abilities being used within it. Any such abilities fail when used within it, they are considered expended.

Material Component

A carved piece of amber worth 500 gold.

DM Note: This isn't going into the spell collection, it's just an example of someone's custom time stop defense. They haven't shown up quite yet in game, but expect it to happen sooner than later.

(I swear, if the first post about this is 'can I make that and then take it with permanent emanation...')

(Well, it's not like I didn't have the same idea.)

(Any version y'all see in play probably won't be an emanation, just to side step the issue.)

(Maybe.)
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 02:03:45 AM
Force of Will
Psychokinesis

All physical attacks made by you are treated as force effects for the duration of this power.

Augment
For every additional power point you spend, this power's duration increases by 2 rounds.

Okay, lemme run through this with you real quick. Do you mean they merely count as force for the sake of hitting things? Do you mean all melee damage - incidentally I'd tighten up the language there, physical attacks isn't the best way to express that - you deal is force damage instead of whatever type of damage it would be? Something else?

Lemme know where you're going with this before I say more.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 02:23:39 AM
Examine Astral Reverberations
Clairsentience
Level: Psion/wilder 9
Display: Mental and visual
Manifesting Time: 1 minute
Duration: Instantaneous
Power Points: 17

This power taps information stored in tha astra, such as a creature's movements or location. This power shows the movements of said creature and all of their actions taken within the last week, as well as who and what they interacted with.

This power does not work on any plane that is not connected in some way to the astral plane. This power only functions on creatures and objects with an astral presence; a mind. Inert, non-magical objects such as walls or non-thinking creatures such as non-intelligent oozes and mindless undead are invisible to this power.

Augment
If an additional 5 power points are spent, the power also attempts to postulate a likely future outcome. This provides a benefit similar to that of a divination, but less cryptic. Any information conveyed would concern one single action or possible action regarding that creature, and the question must be phrased to outline the direction for the power to take. Information conveyed can be contained in no more than one single sentance.

If an additional 10 power points are spent, the manifestor may make an opposed caster level check to reveal information about a target that has or had an active mind blank spell.

You have a typo in the first sentence, that should read 'the astral'. Also spell check the last word 'sentence' in augment's first paragraph.

It's fine in principle, though since it targets a specific creature rather than a location or the like, I'd include a saving throw. Creatures get those, locations generally don't. Likewise note how it works with mind blank and the like.

That aside the basic idea is fine. It needs a save since it's targeting creatures, however. No save abilities against a creature are something I try to avoid.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 02:35:24 AM
Astral Ingress
Psychoportation
Level: Psion/wilder 8
Target: Willing creature touched, or up to eight willing creatures joining hands
Duration: Instantaneous or concentration (up to 1 round/level)
Power Points: 15

This power creates an interdimensional connection between your current plane of existence and a plane you specify, allowing travel between those two planes in either direction. The ingress itself is a circular hoop or disk from 5 to 20 feet in diameter (manifestor's choice), oriented in the direction you desire when it comes into existence (typically vertical and facing you). It is a two-dimensional window looking into the plane you specified when manifesting the power, and anyone or anything that moves through is shunted instantly to the other side.

Augment
If you spend an additional 4 power points, the duration of this power becomes minutes/level.

So this is basically a psionic gate spell? I don't have any real problem with it, just bump it up to nine to match gate, since psionics don't progress the teleport powers it copies any earlier than magic gets them.

(Side note: Why is psionic teleport and psionic teleport circle nomad only, but psionic greater teleport is psion/wilder? Weird.)
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

One of my own, picking at Jarem custom spells. Feedback welcome.

Red Knight's Skill
Evocation
Level: Clr 7
Components: V, S, DF
Duration: 1 min/level

When you call on this blessing, the martial knowledge of the Red Knight grants you great combat ability. You are proficient with all weapons and armor, including exotic weapons and armor. You gain a competence bonus to attack rolls and weapon damage rolls equal to your caster level divided by 5 (minimum 1, maximum of +5). Each round, the first attack of opportunity you trigger is negated, allowing no attack of opportunity. Finally, you cannot be flanked except by opponents with an Intelligence score 4 or more points higher than yours.

(Design note: The Intelligence part is iffy and also meant to be a flavor thing, based on how the Red Knight values it.)
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 12:18:12 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 01:03:25 AM
Greater Dispel Psionics
Psychokinesis
Level: Psion/wilder 6
Target or Area:   One manifester, creature, or object; or 20-ft.-radius burst
Duration: Instantaneous or 1d4 rounds; see text

This power functions like dispel psionics, except as shown in the augment below.

Augment
For every additional power point you spend, the bonus on your dispel check increases by 2 (to a maximum bonus of +40 for a 10-point expenditure).

Additionally, if 10 or more power points are spent, greater dispel psionics can dispel any effect that remove curse can remove.

Request: Write out the power next time instead of copy/pasting the info block from the SRD. It does weird things to the formatting and I just end up rewriting it anyway.

That aside? The point of the power's perfectly fine, though I'd push it into epic. Dispel psionics as written looks to be meant to be comprehensive of dispel magic and greater dispel magic. It's the sort of thing you shouldn't really get until you need it - you can get greater dispel magic at level 11 normally, which is right on time for the expanded cap for the dispel modifier to be useful. As it stands now, this power isn't really needed until level 21 mechanically, and more over, it lets non epic psionicists really overcharge their dispel checks.

So I have no problem with the power, just not at level 6. At level 21 and able to spend 21 points on a power (earlier with shenanigans), you can throw around a +40 dispel check before any bonuses. That's out of line with balance.
So level 10?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 12:27:42 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 01:47:49 AM
Echoing Implosion
Psychokinesis
Level: Psion/wilder 10, Kineticist 10
Display: Auditory and material
Mainfesting time: 1 standard round
Range: Medium :100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area: One explosion in a 20 ft. radius.
Duration: Instantaneous.
Saving Throw: Reflex half; see text
Power Points: 19

Upon manifesting this power, you choose cold, electricity, fire, or sonic. You create a single implosion, pulling said energy out of the surrounding area toward the power's epicenter. This implosion deals 10d10 damage to every creature and object in the specified area. The implosion creates a strong inward pressure, pulling loose objects and even creatures into the epicenter from up to 40 ft. away from the epicenter. Any creature or object that fails a reflex save to grab onto something to anchor it is pulled into the center of the implosion.

Augment
For every 4 additional power points you spend, the implosion occurs again. Any creature or object that has failed its Reflex save or was caught at the epicenter is expelled violently from the epicenter in a random direction, only to be immediately pulled back inside. The violent motion causes any creatures to become nauseated. Additionally, the power's DC increases by 1 for every echo caused.

Okay, first of all power point expenditure. Powers seem to use PP generation equal the minimum caster level for a full caster. For example, a level 1 power costs one power point. A level 3 power costs 5 power points and so on and so forth. That's the structure I used for epic psionics (with the understanding that non full casters like psychic warriors buck this a bit, but they're a bit weird in that system as written already). So the base power points used should be 21. (24th for an 11th level power, 27 for a 12th level power and so on and so forth.)

Do secondary implosions allow additional Reflex saves?

Seems fine in general, though.
1. Power levels 1-9 progress at 2 additional PP per level. Why do your epic powers switch to 3? And why the jump? 9th level powers cost 17 per the SRD. If 10th level costs 21, that's a 4 PP jump. Both of those instances ignore the progression you're claiming to follow.

2. No.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 12:41:15 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 01:57:39 AM
Temporal Stabilization
Psychoportation
Level: Psion/wilder 11
Display: Olfactory
Range: 100 ft. radius centered on you
Target: Self
Duration: 5 rounds
Power Resistance: None, see text
Power Points: 21

This power creates a field centered on you that prevents all forms of temporal manipulation. Powers like time hop, temporal acceleration, and spells like time stop fail to function. Any spell-like abilities or the abilities of creatures like quaruts are similarly suppressed by this field. This can be overcome by an opposed caster level check against that of the manifestor.

Augment
For every 4 additional power points you spend, the duration of this power is extended by 1 round.

Okay, now I have no problem with the power mechanically. This sort of thing is apt, I have a few anti time stop spells I've never had reason to post that do things like this.

It's not a question of mechanics, it's a question of flavor. Namely, the Temporal Compact in Balmuria prevents temporal shenanigans and magic. Time stop is merely great speed, as is temporal acceleration. Powers are reflavored if possible and discarded if not. As flavored this spell wouldn't be legal as written; however, a simple few tweaks to make it an anti time stop/temporal acceleration power would be 100% kosher. I'll even toss one of mine out as an example.

Incidentally, as discussed in Seira's thread this week, temporal magic/powers aren't even difficult in Creation. They're just banned by divine agreement and enforcement. There's an entire school of magic called chronomancy banned to everyone, akin to conjuration, abjuration or evocation. I can link you if you haven't read it.

Time Stop Stopper
Abjuration
Level: Sor/Wiz 11
Components: V, S, M
Range: 100ft
Area: 100ft radius emanation, centered on you
Duration: 10 min/level
Spell Resistance: No

This emanation prevents time stop, temporal acceleration or similar spells, spell-like abilities, psionic powers or supernatural abilities being used within it. Any such abilities fail when used within it, they are considered expended.

Material Component

A carved piece of amber worth 500 gold.

DM Note: This isn't going into the spell collection, it's just an example of someone's custom time stop defense. They haven't shown up quite yet in game, but expect it to happen sooner than later.

(I swear, if the first post about this is 'can I make that and then take it with permanent emanation...')

(Well, it's not like I didn't have the same idea.)

(Any version y'all see in play probably won't be an emanation, just to side step the issue.)

(Maybe.)
Bruh that's why mine isn't an emanation. Also fine, it was just an idea.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 12:43:21 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 02:03:45 AM
Force of Will
Psychokinesis

Augment

Okay, lemme run through this with you real quick. Do you mean they merely count as force for the sake of hitting things? Do you mean all melee damage - incidentally I'd tighten up the language there, physical attacks isn't the best way to express that - you deal is force damage instead of whatever type of damage it would be? Something else?

Lemme know where you're going with this before I say more.
I mean that every attack made by the PW is a force attack, with all the benefits contained therein. No additional damage is done. It might be too high level.

Incidentally, if you didn't want a clinical and completely-bereft-of-any-flavor-at-all-bullshit-nonsense writeup, it would have included the following flavor block that would have helped explain things:

With a flash, your weapons are encased in glowing blue fields of force, razor-sharp and ready to slice through your enemies.