News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Here's the spell again, so we could add it to the spell collection. Only change is in the longer casting time, as per your request.

Seira's Portal Network
Conjuration (Teleportation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 12
Casting Time: 1 hour

This spell functions as Teleportation Circle, except as follows. Instead of only one destination, you can designate one more destination target per three caster levels you possess. They must all must go to the same plane (and layer of that plane, if appropriate) as the point of origin.

The portals themselves are circular hoops or disks from 5 to 20 feet in diameter (caster's choice), oriented in the direction you desire when they come into existence (typically vertical and facing you). Each is a two-dimensional window looking into the destination you specified when casting the spell, and anyone or anything that moves through is shunted instantly to the other side. A portal has a front and a back. Creatures moving through the portal from the front are transported to the other plane; creatures moving through it from the back are not.

Clerics and paladins with the Initiate of Seira feat can select this spell as if it were on the cleric spell list.

Material Component
Amber dust to draw the portals (cost 1,000 gp per destination).
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 27, 2018, 10:45:33 AM
Here's the spell again, so we could add it to the spell collection. Only change is in the longer casting time, as per your request.

Seira's Portal Network
Level: Sor/Wiz 12
Casting Time: 1 hour

This spell functions as Teleportation Circle, except as follows. Instead of only one destination, you can designate one more destination target per three caster levels you possess. They must all must go to the same plane (and layer of that plane, if appropriate) as the point of origin.

The portals themselves are circular hoops or disks from 5 to 20 feet in diameter (caster's choice), oriented in the direction you desire when they come into existence (typically vertical and facing you). Each is a two-dimensional window looking into the destination you specified when casting the spell, and anyone or anything that moves through is shunted instantly to the other side. A portal has a front and a back. Creatures moving through the portal from the front are transported to the other plane; creatures moving through it from the back are not.

Clerics and paladins with the Initiate of Seira feat can select this spell as if it were on the cleric spell list.

Material Component
Amber dust to draw the portals (cost 1,000 gp per destination).

Added.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

These are all Red Knight themed spells that are in development.

Trimmed and focused this one. Weapon proficiency + a general combat booster is the idea.

Red Knight's Skill
Evocation
Level: Clr 6
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 min/level

When you call on this blessing, the martial knowledge of the Red Knight grants you great combat ability. You are proficient with all weapons and armor, including exotic weapons and armor. You gain a competence bonus to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls and armor class equal to your caster level divided by 5 (minimum 1, maximum of +5).

This spell is known to select members of the Red Knight's clergy and is kept to that faith.

Maybe clr 2, maybe clr 3, mostly towards 3 because it's a swift action. This spell isn't great but it's also not terribly objectionable.

Queen's Movement
Transmutation
Level: Clr 3
Casting Time: 1 swift action
Duration: 1 round

You gain a +8 bonus to armor class against attacks of opportunity.

This is a weaker version of the sidestep feat. Probably best with a reach weapon to avoid chargers from smacking you.

Pawn's Gambit
Transmutation
Casting Time: 1 immediate action
Duration: Instantaneous

You can only cast this spell when a creature provokes an attack of opportunity from you. If you do, you may take a 5ft step in place of the attack of opportunity.

This is a spell that I'm not sure about mechanically, but I adore the flavor of it. The sudden reversal from one position to flanking an enemy is great and something a cleric of the Red Knight would appreciate.  I'm having a personal debate if I want the spell out in the wild, though.

Knight's Gambit
Level: Clr 8

As Pawn's Gambit, except that you may instead move as if affected by a Knight's Move spell.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

As per your request:

Amaryl Gaial
Titles go here
Demigoddess
Symbol:
Home Plane: The Cauldron
Alignment: Neutral Exalted
Portfolio: Good, support, protection, hard work
Worshipers: Scouts, rangers, elves, good elementals, hard workers
Cleric Alignments: CG, LG, NG
Domains: Celerity, Community, Elf, Good
Favored Weapon: Cauldron Blast (Longbow)

SDAs:
Supreme Init makes sense, as does divine dodge. Both tie to her well through celerity.
Divine Radiance works, that's third.

I'd really like her to go for Alter Size, since it would be interesting. Thanks for confirming that Final Rest had two prereqs, not a list of two possible prereqs to choose from. I don't think Amaryl needs an extra domain, I thought hard about this before for Seira and you never really run out of domains that could fit. Best to just stick to what we get, as it'd grow as we gain more divine ranks.

Lemme run some numbers on alter size shenanigans, but I don't have any real objection to it, just the math involved.

I'll work up a divine scout tonight, then. This'll do for mow, go ahead and paste what I did last for her deity stat block plus the decided suggestions to nagging for me? Thanks.

Anastasia

Secondary todo: Add DvR0 to Antenora's sheet. Still amazed you pulled that off.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Let me be the first to congratulate you~

Anastasia

Also todo: Node review, mostly Antenora's and Elle's due to events.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on June 27, 2018, 04:59:56 PM
Secondary todo: Add DvR0 to Antenora's sheet. Still amazed you pulled that off.

That's done. Amaryl next since she's a little more complicated.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 27, 2018, 01:56:55 PM
As per your request:

Amaryl Gaial
Titles go here
Demigoddess
Symbol:
Home Plane: The Cauldron
Alignment: Neutral Exalted
Portfolio: Good, support, protection, hard work
Worshipers: Scouts, rangers, elves, good elementals, hard workers
Cleric Alignments: CG, LG, NG
Domains: Celerity, Community, Elf, Good
Favored Weapon: Cauldron Blast (Longbow)

SDAs:
Supreme Init makes sense, as does divine dodge. Both tie to her well through celerity.
Divine Radiance works, that's third.

I'd really like her to go for Alter Size, since it would be interesting. Thanks for confirming that Final Rest had two prereqs, not a list of two possible prereqs to choose from. I don't think Amaryl needs an extra domain, I thought hard about this before for Seira and you never really run out of domains that could fit. Best to just stick to what we get, as it'd grow as we gain more divine ranks.

Lemme run some numbers on alter size shenanigans, but I don't have any real objection to it, just the math involved.

I'll work up a divine scout tonight, then. This'll do for mow, go ahead and paste what I did last for her deity stat block plus the decided suggestions to nagging for me? Thanks.

Done with numerical things, onto domains.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

DIVINE SCOUT
The deity is the epitome of the scout and has abilities that far surpass that of mortal scouts.
Prerequisite: Scout level 20th, Skirmish+5d6/+5 AC, Blindsight 30ft
Benefit: The deity gains Emergency Skirmish, Epic Blindsight and Epic Skirmishx3 as a bonus feats. The deity never provokes attacks of opportunity when making a skirmish attack.
Suggested Portfolio Elements: Scouts.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Weekly roundup Sunday most likely, maybe today. Got some RL stuff going on and not feeling verbose right at the moment.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on June 27, 2018, 11:02:58 AM
These are all Red Knight themed spells that are in development.

Trimmed and focused this one. Weapon proficiency + a general combat booster is the idea.

Red Knight's Skill
Evocation
Level: Clr 6
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Duration: 1 min/level

When you call on this blessing, the martial knowledge of the Red Knight grants you great combat ability. You are proficient with all weapons and armor, including exotic weapons and armor. You gain a competence bonus to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls and armor class equal to your caster level divided by 5 (minimum 1, maximum of +5).

This spell is known to select members of the Red Knight's clergy and is kept to that faith.

Maybe clr 2, maybe clr 3, mostly towards 3 because it's a swift action. This spell isn't great but it's also not terribly objectionable.

Queen's Movement
Transmutation
Casting Time: 1 swift action
Duration: 1 round

You gain a +8 bonus to armor class against attacks of opportunity.

This is a weaker version of the sidestep feat. Probably best with a reach weapon to avoid chargers from smacking you.

Pawn's Gambit
Transmutation
Casting Time: 1 immediate action
Duration: Instantaneous

You can only cast this spell when a creature provokes an attack of opportunity from you. If you do, you may take a 5ft step in place of the attack of opportunity.

This is a spell that I'm not sure about mechanically, but I adore the flavor of it. The sudden reversal from one position to flanking an enemy is great and something a cleric of the Red Knight would appreciate.  I'm having a personal debate if I want the spell out in the wild, though.

Knight's Gambit
Level: Clr 8

As Pawn's Gambit, except that you may instead move as if affected by a Knight's Move spell.

I'm going to try and get some work done this evening, so last call on these for comments.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I like Queen's movement, a cleric can get a lot of good use out of it when they have to run into danger to heal someone, since it protects against the spellcasting AoOs as well. Honestly I even feel like the name should be changed so it's less implied to be about movement.

The two gambit ones I'm less sure about, especially the knight's one. I never liked the immediate teleport ACF conjurers can get and it's basically the same immunity to charges.

Skill is basically fine now, though it really doesn't deserve to be a special secret faith spell. It's just +X to hit and proficiencies. That competence isn't a type spells usually offer for attack and damage rolls really means it should be a gap filled in by something commonly known.