News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Should be on pace to begin tomorrow again, unless something odd happens both tonight and this morning.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Jarem reaches level 31.

- Crusader 31 and Knight 31.
- 2 on a d12 for a total of 11 hit points and a grand total of 473 hit poitns.
- BAB rises by 1 for a total of +31.
- Gains 31st level crusader spellcasting and a new 13th level spell slot. He selects another War's Cry.
- Gains a new deific foe. He selects Chourst, since really, he's naturally in opposition to the Red Knight.
- Fighting challenge's bonus rises by 1.
- No change to saves. The next bonus is at level 32.
- No change to ability scores. The next bonus is at level 32.
- Skills go up as normal. Additionally, he retrains K(N&R) to Profession(Gamester), to better reflect the Red Knight. Chalk this one up to feeling out the character.
- No new feats.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Emily reaches level 31.

- Sorcerer 31 and Dragonfire Knight 21.
- 3 on a d10 for a total 10 hit points and a grand total of 408 hit points.
- BAB rises by 1 to +29.
- Gains 31st level sorcerer casting. She gains another 13th level spell known, she selects greater polar ray.
- Gains 27th level favored soul casting. She gains 3 12th level spells known, she selects beauty triumphant, legion's gates and burst of glory. These will be subject to revision later.
- Skills go up as normal. Additionally, he retrains K(N&R) to Profession(Gamester), to better reflect the Red Knight. Chalk this one up to feeling out the character.
- No new feats.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

We're back in play now with morning posts. Enjoy.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote52. SECRET DM POST

I want this.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on July 17, 2018, 01:28:20 PM
Quote52. SECRET DM POST

I want this.

It's short hand for various DM projects. Sometimes I need a nudge or a reminder.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

This is the version that wound up with 7 copies. I dunno if you wanted to cap it at 7, or let it continue to increase by CL increases.

Alyssa's Aerial Assembly
Transmutation/Conjuration
Level: Brd 11, Sor/Wiz 11
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25ft + 5ft 2/levels)
Target: One weapon touched
Duration 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

With a word and a gesture, the weapon you touch becomes blurred, then sudden splits into copies of itself.

This spell creates one copy per four caster levels of the targeted weapon, which retains all effects of the original weapon. Additionally, the original weapon and all copies become animated as the Dancing Blade spell, with the additional ability to gain the benefits of feats and abilities the caster might have.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Tryll reaches level 31.

- Psion 24 and Metamind 3.
- 4 hp (max) + 12 from paragon template + 9 from constitution for a total of 25 hit points and a grand total of 793 hit points.
- BAB rises by 1 for a total of +18.
- Gains 31st level manifesting and a new power. He selects Astral Ingress.
- Gains +1 fast healing from paragon template.
- Gains +1 spell resistance from paragon template.
- Gains 36 power points and 7 bonus power points.
- Gains free manifesting 2nd, 3/day.
- Skills go up as normal. Additionally, he retrains True Mind Switch for Examine Astral Reverberations.
- No new feats.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Emily dropped ranks in Escape Artist and Survival, as well as 5 ranks from K:History. She puts those in K:Local, so she can run the table on automatic +5s from Knowledge Devotion. That's added into her baseline stat block now for +5 attack/damage to her melee routine.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on July 17, 2018, 11:18:43 PM
This is the version that wound up with 7 copies. I dunno if you wanted to cap it at 7, or let it continue to increase by CL increases.

Alyssa's Aerial Assembly
Transmutation/Conjuration
Level: Brd 11, Sor/Wiz 11
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25ft + 5ft 2/levels)
Target: One weapon touched
Duration 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

With a word and a gesture, the weapon you touch becomes blurred, then sudden splits into copies of itself.

This spell creates one copy per four caster levels of the targeted weapon, which retains all effects of the original weapon. Additionally, the original weapon and all copies become animated as the Dancing Blade spell, with the additional ability to gain the benefits of feats and abilities the caster might have.

Adding to the collection, we'll see how it works out.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Weekly Roundup

Note

Work sucks and continues to suck. My energy level varies day by day, Thursday and Friday are pretty ragged right now. We'll see how it goes, but I'm dragging right now. This being a slow week was a nice break.

Alicia/Seira

Combo since it's mostly been a combo for them this week, along with Cor's vacation being internet unfriendly. The trip to Balmuria's been fun but slow due to circumstances, I fully plan to see it blossom next week. Marie remains a joy with or without Antenora, I'm just fond of her. The festival at the Cauldron was nice. It suffered a bit by last Friday being a shitty day for me (see above about Fridays), but I enjoyed it.

Alyssa

Progress. It's nice to set up a good dungeon for you. Beyond that, really solid character work as Jarem and Emily assert their positions, along with a few others. I like that Jarem says a lot by what he doesn't talk about - what Jyssi alluded to is a thing, after all. By contrast, Emily says a lot of what's on her mind, she's very much a straight shooter. Really just fun stuff all week there.

Moore

Again, progress, nice to see goals advancing. I had fun with Oghma, he's very much a social and chatty artist type. Poor Xandra, too. Really, that entire mine cart sequence was simply a fun bit. A bit of a throwaway, but a fun throwaway that felt worth it. Balmuria should be fun, especially because everyone's reasonably going after Calley right now.

Yuth

I never thought I'd see Tryll out trolled by a book. Go figure that one, huh? Anyway, fun and nice to get you moving, that weekend session was a good idea. Right now our lives just aren't in sync and an I get the impression work is kicking your ass, too. I won't do anything this weekend because BLARDFUICSD, but I'd like to try and keep pace up, get some time with you. The last two nights were great for that.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on July 20, 2018, 11:40:03 PM
Alyssa

Progress. It's nice to set up a good dungeon for you. Beyond that, really solid character work as Jarem and Emily assert their positions, along with a few others. I like that Jarem says a lot by what he doesn't talk about - what Jyssi alluded to is a thing, after all. By contrast, Emily says a lot of what's on her mind, she's very much a straight shooter. Really just fun stuff all week there.

It's been interesting for sure. I like messing with Jarem, though Emily's sort of been a wallflower for me. She's super non-assertive.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on July 20, 2018, 11:44:14 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on July 20, 2018, 11:40:03 PM
Alyssa

It's been interesting for sure. I like messing with Jarem, though Emily's sort of been a wallflower for me. She's super non-assertive.

Yeah, she has. Chalk it up to having her shit to deal with along with being a bit like Amaryl when she's pressured. Her head's chewing over the entire situation with her Moms, as you'd expect for an 18 year old.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I enjoyed this week if just because there's obviously this expectation of how Moore "should" be doing things versus his actual manner in which he does things when it comes to his galavanting.

He does need to get back to the smashing evil part of things, but this current goal of his is something he considers paramount and a good framing for the rest of what he wants to accomplish.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on July 21, 2018, 12:08:07 AM
I enjoyed this week if just because there's obviously this expectation of how Moore "should" be doing things versus his actual manner in which he does things when it comes to his galavanting.

He does need to get back to the smashing evil part of things, but this current goal of his is something he considers paramount and a good framing for the rest of what he wants to accomplish.

Yep, investigation is part of the job, so no worries there.

I did enjoy the week for how Moore went about it. Fortunately, Oghma likes a story, and what sort of story has the hero wander aimlessly and do nothing?
<Afina> Forever.