"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 14, 2018, 11:12:19 PM
Quote from: Corwin on November 14, 2018, 10:11:04 AM
Out of curiosity, what bane types will work on the standard efreet? Magebane, evil outsider bane? Anything else?

Magebane assuming they qualify. That's not really a standard bane type but it's own thing, so check with that to see.

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Bane_(Weapon_Enhancement)

Outsider (Fire), since they have the fire subtype. That's about it.

I honestly thought they 'all' did, given the efreet get racial SLAs of arcane spells and that's exactly (part of) what Magebane banes.
Outsider (Fire) is awesome, I wasn't sure that was a thing. Thanks!
Outsider (Evil) would work on evil efreet, given they're outsiders? They don't need to literally have an Evil subtype to be hit by this?

Actually, from the same site. Is this correct?
QuoteLarge Outsider (Evil, Fire, Lawful)

Would it suggest that Bane: Lawful Outsider also applies to 90% of the efreet, accounting for any deviants in the race?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

No, the SRD I'm looking at does not give efreet the evil or lawful subtypes. Where did you get that?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Cresiel reaches level 32.

- Solar 32 and Hellreaver 21.
- Max HP per hit die, for a total of 23 hit points and a grand total of 723 hit points.
- BAB rises by +1 to +32.
- Holy fury points rise by 1 to 31.
- Regeneration rises by 1 to 18.
- Spell resistance rises by 1 to 45.
- Cresiel's cleric spellcasting rises to level 29. This is just another 12th level spell, so folding that into the changes from +wis that are incoming. His spells are also screwed up slightly, he's a few levels ahead by mistake. He shouldn't have 13th level magic, but this is easily fixed as he hasn't used 13th level magic much.
- CL of SLAs rises by 1 to 32.
- Wisdom rises by 1 to 36. +skills and a new 1st, 5th and 9th level spell known. This is an extra light of lunia, divine agility and miracle.
- Skills go up as normal.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Xandra reaches level 32.

- Trumpet Archon 32 and Mage of the Illuminated Temple 20.
- 8 on a d8 for a total of 17 hit points and a grand total of 538 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +32.
- Spell resistance rises by 1 to 49.
- Gains another spell for glorious spellcasting. This opens up 13th level spellcasting. As you often run Xandra in combat, do you have any preference here, Moore?
- Now casts as a 30th level warmage. This opens up 13th level spellcasting as well as grants 1 more 12th level spell per day and 3 13th level spells per day.
- CL of SLAs rises by 1 to 32.
- All saves go up by 1. So do Cresiel's, that's what I get for posting before noon.
- Charisma rises by 1 to 31. Lots of odd numbered stats now, she's eyeing stat bonuses or boosts to round those up.
- Skills go up as normal.

Okay level for her. Still pending on the pixie, of course.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I'll have a more full response to your posted idea from yesterday once I fully digest it.

What exactly are the options for glorious spellcasting? What can I pick from?

Nephrite

Okay, so I have several questions:

When you say "realm," you refer specifically to only the things that we're in charge of, right? So for example, Moore's realm is Hope's Landing and everything that goes on there, correct? Not Lunia, Celestia, or anything else?

Is Melia a character you'd want designated as a "leader" for this or not?

Finally, is the difficulty simply the percentage of resources that would need to be assigned to a particular task?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 15, 2018, 11:08:40 AM
I'll have a more full response to your posted idea from yesterday once I fully digest it.

What exactly are the options for glorious spellcasting? What can I pick from?

Lemme quote glorious spellcasting real quick.

QuoteGlorious Spellcasting (Su)

The mage of the illuminated temple can infuse a tiny bit of the light of Chronias into chosen spells, making them far more potent. At 2nd level and every two levels thereafter, the mage of the illuminated heaven selects any one spell they know. This spell is forever changed when he casts it. The spell's effect is suffused with dazzling light, and spells that produce no visible effect instead cause a glow of light around the area or creature affected. Light generated by this spell sheds illumination equal to a torch and lasts for the duration of the spell plus one round thereafter.

A spell changed in this way gains the good and light descriptors. Evil creatures affected by the spell are dazzled by the light for seven rounds, a separate Fortitude save negates the dazzling. If the spell deals damage, half of the damage becomes divine damage, as if the spell was consecrated.

When the mage of the illuminated temple casts a spell affected by this ability, he can choose to expend a daily use of his smite evil ability. If he does so, he adds the normal bonus to hit from the smite attempt as a bonus to the DC of the spell and any caster level check to overcome spell resistance. In addition, evil creatures are instead blinded for seven rounds by the spell's light, rather than dazzled.

From the first paragraph, it's any one spell she knows. So basically any spell on her spell list, including the 13th level spells gained this level.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 15, 2018, 11:15:31 AM
Okay, so I have several questions:

When you say "realm," you refer specifically to only the things that we're in charge of, right? So for example, Moore's realm is Hope's Landing and everything that goes on there, correct? Not Lunia, Celestia, or anything else?

Correct. As noted in the writeup, basically anything from a small village to a huge plane is called a realm under these rules. It's the area you control, so yes, yours would be Hope's Landing.

QuoteIs Melia a character you'd want designated as a "leader" for this or not?

She'd be fine for it.

QuoteFinally, is the difficulty simply the percentage of resources that would need to be assigned to a particular task?

Yes. For example, a serious (10%) task would count for 10/100%. You could have up to ten 10% tasks, 100 1% tasks, ect ect ect.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 15, 2018, 10:16:10 AM
No, the SRD I'm looking at does not give efreet the evil or lawful subtypes. Where did you get that?

Dude, it's the same site you linked to with bane. Literally the same one, different page.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Oh, I see the link. That's the 3.0 SRD, not the 3.5.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 15, 2018, 11:31:46 AM

Okay, you linked me to this in #e.

Going by that, Magebane should be effective unless the efreet in question is a freak of nature born without his SLAs.

As for the various outsiders (aside from Fire), would Evil Outsider Bane work on an efreet who happens to be evil? Same with Lawful Outsider Bane vs an efreet who happens to be lawful?

Nephrite

I like the idea of Glorious Rain of Desolation, myself. And this is what I get for not checking first.

Hmm, what does Xandra think of (it's a bit of a mouthful) Glorious Sandalphon's Amazing Barrage? That has the potential to be really strong for her, in my opinion at least.

Nephrite

So, Leaders for Hope's Landing:

Melia - Information Gathering, etc.

Grias - Upkeep (? not sure he'd count)

There were 4 other people who joined up that I admittedly totally forgot about from here: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104170.msg1117365.html#msg1117365 -- I have no idea if any of them would be appropriate, but I don't have any issues with making them leaders or just integrating them into the day-to-day tasks either.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 15, 2018, 11:36:13 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on November 15, 2018, 11:31:46 AM

Okay, you linked me to this in #e.

Going by that, Magebane should be effective unless the efreet in question is a freak of nature born without his SLAs.

As for the various outsiders (aside from Fire), would Evil Outsider Bane work on an efreet who happens to be evil? Same with Lawful Outsider Bane vs an efreet who happens to be lawful?

RAW no, as it's about the evil subtype, not alignment. Not always enforced that way, but that's the RAW.
<Afina> Forever.