News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 15, 2018, 11:41:09 AM
I like the idea of Glorious Rain of Desolation, myself. And this is what I get for not checking first.

Hmm, what does Xandra think of (it's a bit of a mouthful) Glorious Sandalphon's Amazing Barrage? That has the potential to be really strong for her, in my opinion at least.

Could work, could work. That's good battlefield control since it's dropping a hunk of damage on everyone in a huge radius.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 15, 2018, 01:00:40 PM
So, Leaders for Hope's Landing:

Melia - Information Gathering, etc.

Grias - Upkeep (? not sure he'd count)

There were 4 other people who joined up that I admittedly totally forgot about from here: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104170.msg1117365.html#msg1117365 -- I have no idea if any of them would be appropriate, but I don't have any issues with making them leaders or just integrating them into the day-to-day tasks either.

That's fine, err on the side of listing too many people. I'll pare things down if needed.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Comments on your realm resources draft!

Since 1% is the smallest fragment, if I wanted to ensure hamlets were protected from kobolds, I'd only be able to cover 100 of them across all of Creation?
What about guiding my paladins towards spots where they are needed, whether through subtlety or directly? Does that fall under this mechanic, under IC action, something else?
Is one of the goals here to ensure things happen off screen that would be monotonous or boring to oversee in person?
Can I allocate percentages towards goals where I'm also personally involved? Case in point, the coming war. If so, how does it work?
I wasn't too fond of the Aurora mechanic of leading battles given I often didn't have much to do, and rarely knew how much of an effect I personally had. Are we going to use a similar system for army battles?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Okay, for named NPCs related to Sylica not in my node...

Strength of Light. Badass warrior angel. He's obviously most used on army training/home defence.
Naeys. Epic archmage. He's my Tepen basically, so magical teaching/R&D/item making stuff.
Ebony. Versatile bard sort. She's with Aurora but gets used for miscellaneous troubleshooting.

Those are the main ones already mentioned in my topics. I can dredge up a few others.

Hugo. Yugoloth/angel hybrid, I honestly have no idea what he's up to now or if he's able to offer any sort of practical help.
Marchalu. Half fiend pixie infiltrator from Hell, also powerful sorcerer. She turned out to be cool though so if she survived her atonement quest helping Benfal I'd definitely have use for her in my intelligence service.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 15, 2018, 01:29:52 PM
Comments on your realm resources draft!

Since 1% is the smallest fragment, if I wanted to ensure hamlets were protected from kobolds, I'd only be able to cover 100 of them across all of Creation?

What about guiding my paladins towards spots where they are needed, whether through subtlety or directly? Does that fall under this mechanic, under IC action, something else?

Relevant text: In the inverse direction, if the tasks' rank is lower than the realm's rank, decrease the difficulty by one for each rank it is above the realm's rank. For example, the above task would be treated as a light (5%) difficulty task by a rank 6 realm. A rank 7 realm would treat it as a minor (1%) task. A town on the cusp of becoming a big city has more resources to deal with such a thing, while a proper city can easily dispatch forces to clean out the infestation. Any task that would go below minor should not be considered tasks for you at all. These are the sort of things that are simply dealt with by your realm, the forces, funds or effort needed trivial to them.

The last sentence or two in particular. Unless you're going above and beyond to direct your paladins, it would be the sort of thing that's automatic. I assume a deity would be directing her paladins as a matter of course. As that notes, things below minor for a realm generally shouldn't be counted. If your realm was making an effort to direct and use your paladins above and beyond the norm, it might merit a suitable task in that case.

As a rule of thumb, if something is a 'minor thing that should be basic and/or automatic', there's a good chance it's covered by the basics and in its basic form doesn't need to be a task.

QuoteIs one of the goals here to ensure things happen off screen that would be monotonous or boring to oversee in person?

That can be, but it's more about managing your resources and understanding what you're using them for effectively. Skipping any tedious things is a pleasant bonus.

QuoteCan I allocate percentages towards goals where I'm also personally involved? Case in point, the coming war. If so, how does it work?

Generally, it depends. In this case, a task that lets you devote percentages to the war would be how much your realm is mobilizing and investing itself into the conflict. Your personal involvement is assumed since it's a big war, this is just how everyone else is being used in pursuance of that war.

QuoteI wasn't too fond of the Aurora mechanic of leading battles given I often didn't have much to do, and rarely knew how much of an effect I personally had. Are we going to use a similar system for army battles?

I haven't decided yet. I'm trying to avoid direct warfare simulation and keep it on a more abstract level of the plot, but I'm considering options in light of the way events have developed.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Named NPCs not in my Node.

First, my Shitennou: Lumenbur of Fire, Kresset of Earth, Gulpan of Water and ChanGyppedMeAgain of Air.
Omni, the heart, completes the elemental ensemble.
Then, Valar the Conqueror is my foremost general, strategist and administrator.
Na'lith is a good drill sergeant and tactician.
Vayley, best maid. Highly competent!
Oraga is my trusted bodyguard.
Xera is my non-treasonous daughter! She's good with her hands.
Yandrazrt is my crafter, trap-maker, researcher and foremost expert on heretical gnomish lore. He's also one of my oldest friends.
Yoshi is Amaryl's companion so I'm not sure if he should be here. Still, with enough int-boosters building up on what I've started for him ages ago he might be trusted with more independent action.
*Lady Honeydip is temporarily attached to the Cauldron. She's a great person and an amazing general!

In case they reach the Cauldron after they die, or otherwise choose to participate:
Mia
Celebrimbor Drake
Saul Aryn
Crumbly
Fooze

Followers on assignment outside the Cauldron:
Abagail "Abby" Aryn
Commander Hellman Oberuth
Marianne
Lyris
Berry Crownsguard
Ranbar of Aryn
Laurenal Smythe
Dugarth Winsam
Jannel
Richard
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on November 15, 2018, 01:06:59 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on November 15, 2018, 01:00:40 PM
So, Leaders for Hope's Landing:

Melia - Information Gathering, etc.

Grias - Upkeep (? not sure he'd count)

There were 4 other people who joined up that I admittedly totally forgot about from here: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104170.msg1117365.html#msg1117365 -- I have no idea if any of them would be appropriate, but I don't have any issues with making them leaders or just integrating them into the day-to-day tasks either.

That's fine, err on the side of listing too many people. I'll pare things down if needed.

There really isn't anyone else who I think would qualify that I have at current. Unless technically those archangels who showed up after Hope's Landing got protected would count.

Anastasia

Kaja reaches level 32.

- Fighter 32 and Dervish 22.
- 3 on a d10 for a total of 14 hit points and a grand total of 529 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +32.
- All saves rise by 1.
- +1 Constitution for a total of 27.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Kaja selects Dire Charge(F32) and Epic Dodge(D22). Epic dodge is a prereq for untouchable, an epic dervish feat he'd like in the future.

Okay level. Most of Kaja's growth from here is feats, so feats are a good level. Dire charge is a nice option when he has to close in, but doesn't meaningfully change his main damage output.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Jetina reaches level 32.

- Pious Templar 22 and Healer 32.
- 3 on a d10 for a total of of 13 hit points and a grand total of 491 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +32. Really, her physical game is solid with smiting. It's just when you need a healer, you really need a healer, y'know?
- Gains another daily use of smite. Can't go wrong with more smites.
- Healing hands rises by 1 to +26.
- Lingering healing rises to 32 rounds.
- Jetina gains 22nd level pious templar casting. She grabs energy immunity as her new 9th level spell. She needs a custom spell here, this is going into the todo list. Energy immunity's a placeholder until then.
- Jetina gains 32nd level healer casting. Gains another 13th level spell per day.
- All saves go up by one.
- +1 Wisdom for a total of 32. Hello upgrades. +1 AC, +1 DC of channel energy, +1 healing hands, +1 hp lingering healing, +1 Wis based skills, a 3rd, 7th and 11th bonus spell as applicable.
- Jetina selects Epic Toughness(H32) and Damage Reduction(PT22)

Pretty good level for her. She largely focused on boosting her defense, since she's been beaten up a few times. More HP and a smidge more DR is her response, along with an AC bump from +Wisdom.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Amaryl reaches level 32.

- Dragonbreath Archer 11 and Sorcerer 17.
- Max HP per hit die for a total of 17 hit points and a grand total of 522 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +26.
- Gains a new attack on many shot thanks to improved manyshot.
- +1 to the DC of Explosive Flames.
- Spell resistance rises by 1 to 47.
- Caster level of SLAs rises by 1 to 32.
- Amaryl gains 19th level sorcerer spellcasting. This grants another 8th and 9th level spell per day, as well as a new 8th and 9th level spell known. She selects Endurance of the Dragon Princess for 8th level, because Surraruthru made an awesome spell. 9th level is time stop so she can throw quickened ones in the future. This may change, but I'll roll with it for now.
- All saves rise by 1.
- +1 Constitution for a total of 30. The safe option since she could've gone in all sorts of ways, but my logic is that her build is mature. She doesn't have toughness or epic toughness (and probably never will), so choosing the safe option makes sense. She doesn't need to scramble for the extra offense.

Not a great level - just the way the levels sorted out. But still decent enough.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Lady Sanzha reaches level 32.

- Marid 32 and Bard 32.
- Maximum HP per hit die, for a total of 16 hit points and a grand total of 512 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +32.
- DC of channel water rises by 1 to 38.
- Damage reduction rises by 5 to 20/cold iron and epic.
- Gained spell resistance equal to hit dice + 11.
- Inspire courage rises by 1 to +6.
- SLA caster levels rise by 1 to 32.
- Lady Sanzha gains 32nd level bard spellcasting. She gains another 10th level spell per day and another 10th level spell known. She grabs Sonic Shattering for now, understanding that her spells will be revised fairly soon.
- All saves rise by 1.
- +1 Charisma for a total of 35.
- Lady Sanzha selects Lasting Inspiration(B32).

More later, need to redo her spells and maybe make an ACF or something.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

All but the last two are Regents:

Delaize (Elf). Status: Alive

Ule (Unspecified). Status: Alive

Madala Hawkwine (Unspecified). Status: Alive. Maximum Magic: 7th level.

Yorel (Human). Status: Alive.

Delan (Unspecified). Satus: Alive.

Leyral (Dwarf). Allegiance: Arcane Order. Status: Alive, Cursed by Shar. ( I can't recall off the top of my head if we broke that curse? I think we did.)

Researcher Janise (Unspecified). Allegiance: Arcane Order. Status: Alive.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Iron Dragoon

So I had vague rememberings of some spells and stuff I tossed you that I don't think you ever fully worked out and added to the spell collection:

Limb to Salt: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104100.msg1121333.html#msg1121333

Ability Hamstring (I think you wanted to fix the save, I put none because I didn't know if it'd be fort or will since it's an ability target thing): http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104100.msg1120243.html#msg1120243
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

That look right, Iddy?

Ability Hamstring
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 9
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: One touched living creature
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

You temporarily remove one extraordinary or supernatural ability of your choice from the target creature. You must know of the ability you wish to remove, either from seeing it, experiencing it, with a Knowledge check or some other means.

Oozes, constructs or undead are immune to this spell. Spellcasting cannot be removed by this ability, nor can deific abilities.
<Afina> Forever.