Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Area: 100ft/level radius spread
Effect: Magic weapons of force
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell functions like Spiritual Weapon, except the cap is extended to +15. Your feats and combat actions affect the weapons, as if you were wielding them. If one of the targets is destroyed, goes beyond the spell range or goes out of your sight, the weapon attacking it is dispelled.

As with Spiritual Weapon, this spell uses the caster's relevant ability rather than Wisdom.

Unlike with Spiritual Weapon, this spell doesn't allow redirecting the weapons to a new target.

Range/Area need adjusting, but I'd have to go look up precisely how this sort of spell would be handled. I'll deal with that on my end if it gets that far.

For the cap extended to +15, you mean the 1d8+5 cap goes up to 1d8+15 now?

Okay, so how many weapons are generated? Does it send one to attack every target in the range? Is it a set number? The text isn't clear. I get the impression this is meant to be a radius thing that hits everyone in the radius with a spiritual weapon on them. It implies multiple weapons several times, but never clarifies exactly how many are generated.

I don't see anything in spiritual weapon that has it 'use the caster's relevant ability rather than Wisdom'. Can you elaborate where that comes from?

Let me reserve further comment until I get clarifications and I better grasp your intent with this spell. Weapon swarm is a solid enough idea.

QuoteArmy Magic Vestment
Transmutation
Level: Clr 13, Strength 13, War 13
Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
Targets: See text
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless, object)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless, object)

This spell functions as Mass Magic Vestment, except the cap is extended to +10. The targets are one or more allied creatures within spell range.

I feel this spell is trying to be two things at once - both a magic vestment that exceeds the +5 cap and also a spell over a large range. Mass Magic Vestment is Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/level). I'd suggest making it a flat one mile range and dropping the +10 part. The name of the spell suggests the real focus is on the huge range of it and affecting a vast number of troops with magic vestment, so focus on that aspect.

QuoteGreater Divine Power
Evocation
Level: Clr 14, War 14
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level

This spell functions like Divine Power, except you receive an extra attack. This extra attack is not a haste effect and stacks with other sources of extra attacks such as Haste. You gain a +20 enhancement bonus to Strength, and you gain 3 temporary hit points per caster level.

I'd rephrase the text of it to something like this, mostly for clarity. It's about keeping the changes first then the add on after, so that's clear what it's doing.

This spell functions as divine power, except the enhancement bonus to Strength is +20 and you gain 3 temporary hit points per caster level. You gain an extra attack on a full attack at your highest base attack bonus, this stacks with haste and similar effects.

Clarity aside? It's probably not level inappropriate. Lemme check. Doesn't look out of line, it can be tried and adjusted if it doesn't work. Right now I don't think anyone can cast it that's available, though that'll change after people start hitting level 33.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 18, 2018, 01:37:29 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on November 17, 2018, 10:09:47 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 17, 2018, 09:12:29 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on November 17, 2018, 07:09:36 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on November 16, 2018, 11:16:51 PM
Uh, I'd have to read up on truenaming, since they use those mechanics and are balanced around it. Truenaming's also a notable mess so I'm hesitant to bring in things from it due to that factor.

Let me go read up on that over the weekend.

I'm going to punt the truenaming spells entirely. It's simply not worth the headache of trying to salvage those spells from that mess. In lieu of it, we can drop ability hamstring a few levels to compensate. Sound okay?

Yup, it was just something I came across that did the same basic thing. Would it be better to drop it levels or make it harder to resist? Not sure.

I'd say just reduce it in levels and call it done here.

Okay. What about a version built from Expunge? Perm. destruction?

What's Expunge do?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 18, 2018, 01:46:24 AM
Posting per your request.

Quote07:34 <CC> I noticed an error in your post to Iddy
07:34 <CC> You rewrote that clouds spell to be +1 per level till lvl17
07:34 <CC> Where the original was +1 per two levels
07:35 <CC> At present, it doesn't actually work (+4 at CL7 +1 per CL will reach +10 much earlier)

Lemme edit what I wrote there so it'll be right when I port it over. Thanks, good catch.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on November 18, 2018, 12:01:06 PM
Master of Missiles

Prereqs of blah blah blah.
Poor BAB (as wizard), 10/10 or 9/10 progression.

1: Magic Missile Mastery: Add an extra missile to the maximum magic missile can produce. So 6 at 11th level would be the cap. This rises to 7/13th at level 3 in the PrC and so on. You rapidly move beyond the normal limits of the spell, especially if you have bonus missiles from force missile mage.

???: Metamagic Missiles: -1 total level of metamagiced magic missiles, stacks with the same effect from arcane thesis (hence it being a prereq). Might be a good halfway ability around level 5 or stuck to patch over a dead level. Point is to give you a lot of free metamagic (2 levels worth) on any magic missile you cast, which is definitely one of the spellcaster strategies in epic. Could be written as a direct upgrade to arcane thesis in that aspect.

???: Magic Might: Caster level bonus to magic missile. As good as it sounds. Probably 3+3 progression for it. So 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, ect sees +1 caster level for magic missile. (Incidentally, when possible with a PrC, I try to pattern it so there's a 1+2 OR a 2+2 ability as well as a 3+3 ability. This covers a good chunk of levels with some sort of advancement, helping prevent dead levels.

???: I can't think of another alliterative M name. Dang. Anyway, 1 or whatever times per day use magic missile as an immediate action when you're struck in melee. Being able to use anything as an immediate action is rare and precious, let along your signature spell. That sort of rare advancement feels epic enough to pass muster here.

I dunno, I'm tired and I'm spitballing at this point. The point of this rambling post is that it feels like the PrC should be more. Additionally, something that can keep improving, so that the spell can be taken as far as Marie can, rather than just a big, flat bonus.

You can tell I've spent a lot of time thinking about epic PrCs.

Yeah, well the point of Extra Missiles/Extra Missiles 2 is to keep it improving past the point where it ordinarily caps out, kinda like how Enhance Spell boosts the damage dice cap on spells. Magic missile mastery works as well for that, though. Metamagic missiles is good too, even if Marie's already stacked that deck about as far as it'll go it's still good. Magic might works well for keeping ahead of the SR curve. Not sure about the immediate action thing, since an immediate action magic missile isn't going to do much to stop a melee attack.

From my version, Phasing Missiles honestly might be better as its own separate metamagic or something, since it's the sort of thing I really want on the amazing barrage for better depopulating castles.

That may be worth working on - phasing missiles, that is. I'll work on slapping together a PrC tomorrow.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on November 19, 2018, 12:41:20 AM
Uh, I'd have to read up on truenaming, since they use those mechanics and are balanced around it. Truenaming's also a notable mess so I'm hesitant to bring in things from it due to that factor.

I'm going to punt the truenaming spells entirely. It's simply not worth the headache of trying to salvage those spells from that mess. In lieu of it, we can drop ability hamstring a few levels to compensate. Sound okay?

Yup, it was just something I came across that did the same basic thing. Would it be better to drop it levels or make it harder to resist? Not sure.

What's Expunge do?

Permanently removes a supernatural ability. It's got a truename thing in it to recover it, but I figure you'll make it some sort of similar thing to ability loss.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 19, 2018, 12:40:27 AM
Quote from: Corwin on November 17, 2018, 09:11:01 AMMass Spiritual Weapon
Evocation [Force]
Level: Clr 12, War 12
Area: 100ft/level radius spread
Effect: Magic weapons of force
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: None

This spell functions like Spiritual Weapon, except the cap is extended to +15. Your feats and combat actions affect the weapons, as if you were wielding them. If one of the targets is destroyed, goes beyond the spell range or goes out of your sight, the weapon attacking it is dispelled.

As with Spiritual Weapon, this spell uses the caster's relevant ability rather than Wisdom.

Unlike with Spiritual Weapon, this spell doesn't allow redirecting the weapons to a new target.

Range/Area need adjusting, but I'd have to go look up precisely how this sort of spell would be handled. I'll deal with that on my end if it gets that far.

For the cap extended to +15, you mean the 1d8+5 cap goes up to 1d8+15 now?

Okay, so how many weapons are generated? Does it send one to attack every target in the range? Is it a set number? The text isn't clear. I get the impression this is meant to be a radius thing that hits everyone in the radius with a spiritual weapon on them. It implies multiple weapons several times, but never clarifies exactly how many are generated.

I don't see anything in spiritual weapon that has it 'use the caster's relevant ability rather than Wisdom'. Can you elaborate where that comes from?

Let me reserve further comment until I get clarifications and I better grasp your intent with this spell. Weapon swarm is a solid enough idea.

My intention is thus: the original spell sends a Spiritual Weapon directly away from the caster to hit an enemy within range. I would like to hit every enemy within the listed area (radius of 100ft/level from the caster) who are within this area during casting with one Spiritual Weapon each. The adjustments are that the max cap is 1d8+15 instead of 1d8+5, using the same scaling as the original spell. The reassign weapon as a move action mechanism is eliminated, since the caster only sends one weapon per target that was present during the original casting. The weapons do persistently attack (each their own target) with iterations (since at the HD that requires having lvl12 spells you will have iterations, like it or not). The weapons also use your feats and such as if you were holding them, since I ran the numbers and at our level it would be 20-fishing without the boosts we all have. I envision it working similar to Whirling Blade or Whirling Attack, where a single roll of SR is made at the cating, and a single attack sequence is rolled each round (the first being a single attack, and the following being iterations) and checked against all targets.
I also explicitely made it run off relevant casting stat rather than just Wisdom, as that is how we're run Spiritual Weapon in B3 to begin with.
The spell sans metamagic does attack every target in range, so allies will also be hit if within the target area.

QuoteArmy Magic Vestment
Transmutation
Level: Clr 13, Strength 13, War 13
Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
Targets: See text
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless, object)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless, object)

This spell functions as Mass Magic Vestment, except the cap is extended to +10. The targets are one or more allied creatures within spell range.

I feel this spell is trying to be two things at once - both a magic vestment that exceeds the +5 cap and also a spell over a large range. Mass Magic Vestment is Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/level). I'd suggest making it a flat one mile range and dropping the +10 part. The name of the spell suggests the real focus is on the huge range of it and affecting a vast number of troops with magic vestment, so focus on that aspect.

Eh. Do keep in mind that Mass Magic Vestment exists in the Spell Collection as a Clr 7 spell. Wouldn't you agree that boosting the cap from +5 to +10 (which at Magic Vestment progression happens at CL40) and increasing the range to either a flat 1 mile or to Long is worth the push into epic at +6 spell levels? I know I'm not paying the Clr7 to Clr13 upgrade just to improve range from Medium to 1 mile. I suppose there is no limit on those it would hit, but given the 30+ targets from Mass Magic Vestment are beyond enough for any named NPCs this is a cosmetic change that affects exactly as much as the GM would like it to behind the scenes, as we won't get to see the effects ourselves. In light of this, I would like to ask you to reconsider.

QuoteGreater Divine Power
Evocation
Level: Clr 14, War 14

This spell functions like Divine Power, except you receive an extra attack. This extra attack is not a haste effect and stacks with other sources of extra attacks such as Haste. You gain a +20 enhancement bonus to Strength, and you gain 3 temporary hit points per caster level.

I'd rephrase the text of it to something like this, mostly for clarity. It's about keeping the changes first then the add on after, so that's clear what it's doing.

This spell functions as divine power, except the enhancement bonus to Strength is +20 and you gain 3 temporary hit points per caster level. You gain an extra attack on a full attack at your highest base attack bonus, this stacks with haste and similar effects.

Clarity aside? It's probably not level inappropriate. Lemme check. Doesn't look out of line, it can be tried and adjusted if it doesn't work. Right now I don't think anyone can cast it that's available, though that'll change after people start hitting level 33.
[/quote]

Correct! It's mostly there to tempt us! I think it's a pretty decent choice, though not overwhelming. At our level, we get a ton of attacks so a new means of getting one that stacks with haste is sweet but hardly a necessity. The enhancement, too, is likely a boon when you find yourself sans gear, as we (PCs and our Node NPCs) really should have somewhere in the area of +8/+10 enhancement via gear or other means if we're Strength-focused. Jeram would probably derive the most advantage from it.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 18, 2018, 06:48:07 PMGood:
Detect Magic (Cantrip, Concentration, 1 min/level) See magic things.
Identify (1st level, Listed as an example in Good list in Perm. Post) ID magical items
Scent (2nd level, 10 min/level) Detect/track by smell.
Heart of Air (2nd level, 1 hour/level) 10 ft enhancement bonus to fly speed, +10 enhancement bonus to Jump, Feather Fall.
Telepathy (3rd level, Spell Collection, 10 min/level)

DM is fine. Identify...well, do you really need it with epic spellcraft in the mix? I see it as redundant there more than anything else. Scent is okay (I let Jaela do that to blindsight, and I don't think I'd let that repeat, but scent's less objectionable anyway). No to Heart of Air. No to Telepathy.

QuoteIffy:
Scholar's Touch (1st level, 1 book/round, concentration) Instantly read books
Detect Secret Doors (1st level, Concentration, 1 min/level)

No to both.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 18, 2018, 06:51:29 PM
Upgraded Bestow Wound, level 1 spell:

Greater Bestow Wound
Transmutation
Level: Sorc/Wiz 5
Components: V, S, M
Range: Touch
Target: Living creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates

If wounded, you can cast this spell and touch a living creature. The target takes damage equal to your wounds at the rate of 3 points of damage per your caster level, or the amount needed to bring you up to your maximum hit points, whichever is less. At the same time, you heal that much damage, as if a cure spell had been cast on you.

Material Component: A small tiger's eye worth 100gp

It's fine, though would compress it down to this rather than reprinting the entire spell.

Greater Bestow Wound
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 5

This spell is identical to bestow wound, except that the rate of damage transferred is 3 hit points per caster level.

Material Component: A small tiger's eye worth 100 gold.

QuoteAlso, would like to ask if Quickshift (level 6 spell) could be altered to apply to Dimension Door:

Alyssa's Quick Jaunt
Transmutation
Level: Sorc/Wiz 6
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 round

For the duration of this spell, the caster's Dimension Door spell-like ability is quickened (as if enhanced with the Quicken Spell feat). This spell has no effect on other spells or spell-like abilities.

B3 people, didn't I rule on quickshift/fiendish quickening, or am I going crazy? I think it came up, am I wrong?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

FYI, I'm going to gather up approved spells this evening and move them over. Just heads up since I haven't yet.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 18, 2018, 11:49:39 PM
Changing up my spells. Adding a few:
Rot of Ages, Resinous Tar, Arcane Conversion, Control Weather, Starmantle, Magic Disjunction, Stone Skewers.

Starmantle's in the banned spells section of houserules so that's out. Others aren't any problem.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 19, 2018, 12:49:21 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on November 19, 2018, 12:41:20 AM

What's Expunge do?

Permanently removes a supernatural ability. It's got a truename thing in it to recover it, but I figure you'll make it some sort of similar thing to ability loss.

Would be some flavor of epic spell. Exact level would depend on the execution.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 19, 2018, 05:15:00 AMMy intention is thus: the original spell sends a Spiritual Weapon directly away from the caster to hit an enemy within range. I would like to hit every enemy within the listed area (radius of 100ft/level from the caster) who are within this area during casting with one Spiritual Weapon each. The adjustments are that the max cap is 1d8+15 instead of 1d8+5, using the same scaling as the original spell. The reassign weapon as a move action mechanism is eliminated, since the caster only sends one weapon per target that was present during the original casting. The weapons do persistently attack (each their own target) with iterations (since at the HD that requires having lvl12 spells you will have iterations, like it or not). The weapons also use your feats and such as if you were holding them, since I ran the numbers and at our level it would be 20-fishing without the boosts we all have. I envision it working similar to Whirling Blade or Whirling Attack, where a single roll of SR is made at the cating, and a single attack sequence is rolled each round (the first being a single attack, and the following being iterations) and checked against all targets.
I also explicitely made it run off relevant casting stat rather than just Wisdom, as that is how we're run Spiritual Weapon in B3 to begin with.
The spell sans metamagic does attack every target in range, so allies will also be hit if within the target area.

Okay, gimme some typical numbers for if Seira cast this spell and how it would look, what the ranges would be like and so on.

QuoteEh. Do keep in mind that Mass Magic Vestment exists in the Spell Collection as a Clr 7 spell. Wouldn't you agree that boosting the cap from +5 to +10 (which at Magic Vestment progression happens at CL40) and increasing the range to either a flat 1 mile or to Long is worth the push into epic at +6 spell levels? I know I'm not paying the Clr7 to Clr13 upgrade just to improve range from Medium to 1 mile. I suppose there is no limit on those it would hit, but given the 30+ targets from Mass Magic Vestment are beyond enough for any named NPCs this is a cosmetic change that affects exactly as much as the GM would like it to behind the scenes, as we won't get to see the effects ourselves. In light of this, I would like to ask you to reconsider.

It's less a question of what level if falls on for the +10 cap boost, but instead if I want that at all. I've avoided making an epic magic weapon and epic magic vestment spell as a design choice - namely, that you can't just make generic weapons epic weapons all day long. The spells that do it - things like shardread weapon or whatever that spell is, or avenging angel's strike - are round or minute/level spells (and I had a long think about making avenging angel's strike a minute/level spell instead of a round/level spell).

I don't feel this is a good look for the game: Oh hey, we can get an awesome +8 sword...or just make that sword over there a +10 weapon. Or let's boost up all our weapons to +10 just because. I want epic weapons you get to be more meaningful than that, more meaningful than just plop a big enhancement bonus on something and be done with it or just become another always cast +x to your attack rolls.

Though all that being said, a mile radius magic vestment spell wouldn't strike me as 13th level. Probably 11th or 12th. Those sort of spells aren't about automatically boosting your core node as much as boosting a huge number of people around you. An army spell as you named it, a war spell.

QuoteCorrect! It's mostly there to tempt us! I think it's a pretty decent choice, though not overwhelming. At our level, we get a ton of attacks so a new means of getting one that stacks with haste is sweet but hardly a necessity. The enhancement, too, is likely a boon when you find yourself sans gear, as we (PCs and our Node NPCs) really should have somewhere in the area of +8/+10 enhancement via gear or other means if we're Strength-focused. Jeram would probably derive the most advantage from it.

Jarem, Latha or Cresiel would like it for sure. Ironically I don't think your node can really access it, being arcane casting central.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Elle reaches level 32.

- Wizard 32 and Dragon Disciple 22.
- For the sake of archiving in case Elle loses proxy status: Her hit dice roll is 8.
- Maximum HP per hit die, for a total of 25 hit points and a grand total of 776 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +22.
- Spell resistance rises by 1 to 47.
- School mastery (evocation)'s bonus rises by 1 to +32.
- Natural armor rises by 1.
- Gains 32nd level wizard spellcasting, as well as a bonus spell from dragon disciple. Antimagic zonex2.
- +1 Dexterity for a total of 26. This is mostly because her Int of 41 is plenty high enough for now, she'd rather boost AC and init. Odds are she'll see another great ability (intelligence) in the future, but right now between those and DD she's way ahead on Intelligence.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Elle selects the following feats: Enhance Spell (W32) and Armor Skin (DD22). Armor Skin is likely a retrain in the future, but I'm running out of time before my interview, so it's used for now.

Solid level for her. Elle's build really came together.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 19, 2018, 12:48:56 PM
It's less a question of what level if falls on for the +10 cap boost, but instead if I want that at all. I've avoided making an epic magic weapon and epic magic vestment spell as a design choice - namely, that you can't just make generic weapons epic weapons all day long. The spells that do it - things like shardread weapon or whatever that spell is, or avenging angel's strike - are round or minute/level spells (and I had a long think about making avenging angel's strike a minute/level spell instead of a round/level spell).

I don't feel this is a good look for the game: Oh hey, we can get an awesome +8 sword...or just make that sword over there a +10 weapon. Or let's boost up all our weapons to +10 just because. I want epic weapons you get to be more meaningful than that, more meaningful than just plop a big enhancement bonus on something and be done with it or just become another always cast +x to your attack rolls.

Though all that being said, a mile radius magic vestment spell wouldn't strike me as 13th level. Probably 11th or 12th. Those sort of spells aren't about automatically boosting your core node as much as boosting a huge number of people around you. An army spell as you named it, a war spell.

Mmm. I took inspiration from existing War spells, one of which did actually expand MV bonus. Warrior's Boon (overpriced at lvl22, IMO) is an epic War spell that gives +14 GMW and +14 MV, plus a bunch of other nice buffs. I figured the Army spell could find a nice niche since it was, in fact, in character for War spells.

That said, if you don't like it, you don't like it. I'm scrapping the spell since I don't want a Mass MV spell that does MV to a bunch of NPCs I don't actually see affected as a player.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 19, 2018, 12:48:56 PM
Okay, gimme some typical numbers for if Seira cast this spell and how it would look, what the ranges would be like and so on.

Jarem, Latha or Cresiel would like it for sure. Ironically I don't think your node can really access it, being arcane casting central.

We discussed the possibility of a SDA that might extend the free use of Domain SLAs into epic. If it becomes a reality and I choose to take it, I'll be able to cast them. If not, that's why I recruited my high priestess and other high-level clerics/favored souls. I do hope they are talented enough to cast my epic spells!

Now, for the attack routine (for my true self, not an avatar, for maximum impact):
roll 1d20+29BAB+16Int+1WeaponFocus+1Haste+5KnowledgeDevotion+2DvR => 1d20+54

Seira's War Domain CL is raised to 35 (from Ordained Champion) and it's a Force spell, so it's further boosted to CL 36 (Holy Warrior reserve feat), so the SR roll would be: roll 1d20+36

Damage mod would be 36/3 = 12.

Round 1 (after passing SR):
roll 1d20+54 attack, roll 1d8+12 force

Rounds 2-36:
roll 1d20+54 attack 1
roll 1d20+54 attack 2
roll 1d20+49 attack 3
roll 1d20+44 attack 4
roll 1d20+39 attack 5

Damage rolls remain the same:
roll 1d8+12 force

Assuming all attacks hit (they're not touch attacks but regular ones):

Round 1: max damage of 20 force
Rounds 2-36: max damage of 100 force

Some rolls for fun!
Spoiler: ShowHide
20:05 <CC> roll 1d20+54
20:05 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 61 > [d20=7]
20:05 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 69 > [d20=15]
20:05 <CC> roll 1d20+49
20:05 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 54 > [d20=5]
20:05 <CC> roll 1d20+44
20:05 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 57 > [d20=13]
20:05 <CC> roll 1d20+39
20:05 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 52 > [d20=13]
20:05 <CC> Set 1
20:05 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 57 > [d20=3]
20:05 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 57 > [d20=3]
20:05 <CC> roll 1d20+49
20:05 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 64 > [d20=15]
20:05 <CC> roll 1d20+44
20:05 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 56 > [d20=12]
20:05 <CC> roll 1d20+39
20:05 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 49 > [d20=10]
20:06 <CC> Set 2
20:06 <CC> roll 1d20+54
20:06 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 62 > [d20=8]
20:06 <CC> roll 1d20+54
20:06 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 72 > [d20=18]
20:06 <CC> roll 1d20+49
20:06 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 67 > [d20=18]
20:06 <CC> roll 1d20+44
20:06 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 59 > [d20=15]
20:06 <CC> roll 1d20+39
20:06 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 54 > [d20=15]
20:06 <CC> Set 3

I glanced at the various nodes, and at our level of challenge I expect 1-3 hits per worthy opponent (not accounting for deflections/miss chance) assuming it passes SR, which is a 50/50 chance for me, and somewhat less for those that don't have War/Force CL buffs.

20:16 <CC> roll 3#1d8+12
20:16 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 14, 20, 18 >

So we're talking about a spell that does 20-50 damage on average to targets from round 2 onwards by my estimate, if Seira were to (be able to) cast it.