News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Haste is the best enhancement-type Speed boost with +30f, and Grace is a +10ft untyped speed boost. Heart of Fire doesn't beat Haste's bonus (it's also enhancement, like Longstrider and a few others).

That said! Phantom Steed has a base speed of 240ft for you, which you could further boost by 40ft via Haste and Grace. With the Run action, it becomes 280x4=1,120ft per round. Each phantom steed carries one person, but if you emulate it with a Wish or Miracle it's not unreasonable to ask for a Mass version.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Now I wonder whether a Floating Disk can be tied to your mount, or if it works off your speed only. Wizard chariots!

Anastasia

Okay Eb, a master of missiles PrC is up in homebrew. It was an interesting design experiment.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Lady Sanzha's spells are getting a review. She makes the following changes:

4th: Replace Shadow Conjuration with Voice of the Dragon. Replace Rainbow Pattern with Sirine's Grace.
8th: Replace Summon Monster 8 with Song of the Elements.
10th: Replace Summon Monster X with Song of the Sea. (She'll get SMX back next level.)

Looking over them more intensely, she wants 4 things:

1. Damage. Not a ton (she has tsunami for general offense), but she wants some options there. Sonic shattering is a step there along with a combo dispel, but she wants more options.
2. Utility. Much of her role is in prismatic research and diplomacy, she needs tools there. Examples are glibness, tongues and wish.
3. Healing. This is purely because a couple of the healing spells are that good, mostly heal and mass heal.
4. Selected boosting spells. Mostly thematic ones like her song spells.

These moves all help her move forward towards it. Now all she needs is some manner of trump card.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Marie reaches level 32

Outsider 32, master of missiles 1

Max hp so +8 there.
[11:35] <@Ebiris> roll 1d8 Marie hp for posterity if she loses favour
[11:35] <Kobot> Ebiris rolled 1d8 Marie hp for posterity if she loses favour --> [ 1d8=6 ]{6}

+1 bab
+1 to all saves
+1 SR
+1 CL for SLAs
+1 DC for gaze
Stat point goes to charisma, putting her at 40.
Magic missile mastery lets her do 8 magic missiles per casting.
+1 12th level spell per day, +3 13th level spells per day.
New sorcerer spell known, she takes Seira's arcane thesis.
Skills go up.
Racial inspire courage goes up to +6.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 23, 2018, 12:28:08 AM
Lady Sanzha's spells are getting a review. She makes the following changes:

4th: Replace Shadow Conjuration with Voice of the Dragon. Replace Rainbow Pattern with Sirine's Grace.
8th: Replace Summon Monster 8 with Song of the Elements.
10th: Replace Summon Monster X with Song of the Sea. (She'll get SMX back next level.)

Looking over them more intensely, she wants 4 things:

1. Damage. Not a ton (she has tsunami for general offense), but she wants some options there. Sonic shattering is a step there along with a combo dispel, but she wants more options.
2. Utility. Much of her role is in prismatic research and diplomacy, she needs tools there. Examples are glibness, tongues and wish.
3. Healing. This is purely because a couple of the healing spells are that good, mostly heal and mass heal.
4. Selected boosting spells. Mostly thematic ones like her song spells.

These moves all help her move forward towards it. Now all she needs is some manner of trump card.

Has she tried... being Good?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Hey, have we ever run into a situation of Twinned Whirling Blade? How would that work?

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 23, 2018, 08:12:05 AM
I don't follow.

Good Bards have lots more fun! Words of Creation make them more capable, plus now that I think about it the rest of our guys are Good.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 23, 2018, 11:48:15 AM
Hey, have we ever run into a situation of Twinned Whirling Blade? How would that work?

That's a good question. I'd have to check.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 23, 2018, 11:50:14 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on November 23, 2018, 08:12:05 AM
I don't follow.

Good Bards have lots more fun! Words of Creation make them more capable, plus now that I think about it the rest of our guys are Good.

Sanzha's alignment is where it is for intentional reasons.

Though Sanzha aside, WoC is that good so yeah, good aligned bards get a huge boost.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Corwin on November 22, 2018, 12:43:54 PM
Haste is the best enhancement-type Speed boost with +30f, and Grace is a +10ft untyped speed boost. Heart of Fire doesn't beat Haste's bonus (it's also enhancement, like Longstrider and a few others).

That said! Phantom Steed has a base speed of 240ft for you, which you could further boost by 40ft via Haste and Grace. With the Run action, it becomes 280x4=1,120ft per round. Each phantom steed carries one person, but if you emulate it with a Wish or Miracle it's not unreasonable to ask for a Mass version.

I forgot entirely about Phantom Steed. That should do nicely.

Nephrite

Dune, feel free to get to this whenever, but I'm curious as to why Singer of the Celestial Choir doesn't progress bard casting at every level. I don't have some sort of huge problem with it, I just am curious as to how you decided on that.

Corwin

Glad to be of service.

Dune, I'm seeking a clarification on the Divine SLAs we get. We have domains that we grant, and get the spells in them as SLAs. Their DC is higher, and they provide infinite spells, but other than that are they regular SLAs? I figured I'd ask if the spells in them count as divine spells for the purpose of qualifying for a PrC, such as Ordained Champion?

Anastasia

They're normal SLAs. They'd count as SLAs, not spells.
<Afina> Forever.