News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on November 20, 2018, 12:19:50 PM
Our current afternoon gaming time is noon to 4 PM, EST. Cor would like to push the start time of it back a half hour, to 11 30 AM to 4 PM EST. I'm going to go ahead and say that if we do, I'll move the end back to match, to 11 30 AM to 3 30 PM EST.

Any opinions, y'all?

We're going to try rolling with this, starting tomorrow. This is a bit of a stretch for me scheduling wise, so we'll see how it holds up.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

11/27/18: Added 5 spells from B6: 4: Clouds for Armor 5: Greater Bestow Wound 6: Greater Carrying Voice 7: Ability Hamstring 14: Greater Divine Power

Did I miss any? Note: Shrink Weapon is pending due to needing a rewrite and Alyssa's Quickshift is pending me looking up previous rulings.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

We changed Concentration, but I still have Melodic Casting:

Melodic Casting (1st)

Whenever a Concentration check would be required to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability (such as when you cast defensively or are distracted or injured while casting), you can make a Perform check instead. In addition, you can cast spells and activate magic items by command word or spell completion while using a bardic music ability. Bardic music abilities that require concentration still take a standard action to perform.

[21:40] <Kotono> Oh wow, that would be crazy in context. Mmm.

Do you want me to just change the feat out? Are we just using it as a level check right now? I forget how we changed it.

Iron Dragoon

First try at this. What do you think?

Level 1-
Telekinetic Focus: An Epic Master of the Unseen Hand's focus on Telekinesis is so honed that it becomes more difficult to counter than normal. When using Telekinesis, a Epic Master of the Unseen Hand gains +1 to the DC of Telekinesis. This ability stacks with the benefit from Spell Focus: Transmutation and Greater Spell Focus: Transmutation.

Level 2-
Greater Sustained Force: An Epic Master of the Unseen Hand's Sustained Force use of the Telekinesis Spell can move ever greater weights even further. From this point on, the Master of the Unseen Hand's Sustained Force can move an object that is 25 pounds per caster level, with no limit to the maximum weight. Additionaly, they may move the object up to 40 feet per round.

Greater Violent Thrust: An Epic Master of the Unseen Hand's Violent Thrust can hurl greater weight and distances. You can hurl one object or creature per caster level, with no limit. Additionally, you can hurl 25 pounds per caster level with no limit.

Level 3-
Greater Telekinetic Focus: An Epic Master of the Unseen Hand's focus on Telekinesis is so honed that it becomes more difficult to counter than normal. When using Telekinesis, a Epic Master of the Unseen Hand gains an additional +2 to the DC of Telekinesis. This ability stacks with the benefit from Telekineteic Focus, Spell Focus: Transmutation and Greater Spell Focus: Transmutation.

Level 4-
Chain Telekinesis: When you use Telekinesis, it automatically gains the effects of Chain Spell, with no level adjustment.

Level 5-
Improved Sustained Concentration: An Epic Master of the Unseen Hand is so practiced with Telekinesis that they can maintain their concentration on it as second nature. It only takes a free action, not a move action, to use the sustained force version of telekinesis (or simply to maintain concentration so the ability doesn't end). It now takes a move action to use the combat maneuver or violent thrust versions of the ability.

Telekinetic Flight Mastery: An Epic Master of the Unseen Hand can use the sustained force version of telekinesis to lift himself and willing creatures into the air with an even greater speed. He now gains a flight speed equal to his land movement speed with perfect maneuverability and can move willing creatures as well. The master of the unseen hand can lift one Medium or smaller creature (carrying up to its maximum load) per three caster levels. A Large creature counts as two Medium creatures, a Huge creature counts as two Large creatures, and so forth.

Alyssa won't personally get any benefit for the last, since she gets flight from other sources, but I figured it'd be a sensible progression from the base class.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Solid enough. It's really a matter of taking it as an extension/new PrC for master of the unseen hand and expanding it. Let me ask you something: Mechanics aside a moment, what do you want out of this sort of PrC?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

More effective/reliable use of telekinesis. Like with the DC boosts so I can reliably overcome save boosts/bloats, and be able to extend it to do multiple things at once. Like when I pinned the assassin, being able to do that to multiple targets (that's why chain spell's in there), and help boost the SLA use of it.

I know going full-on Jean Gray is probably unrealistic, but hey, that's sorta the image I have. I mean the original write up for MotUH makes it sound amazing and powerful, so I just want to continue down the same vein. I'd like to see some improvement with Telekinetic Wielder too, but I can't really think of much except maybe extending it to Two Weapon Fighting or something.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 28, 2018, 12:03:13 AM
More effective/reliable use of telekinesis. Like with the DC boosts so I can reliably overcome save boosts/bloats, and be able to extend it to do multiple things at once. Like when I pinned the assassin, being able to do that to multiple targets (that's why chain spell's in there), and help boost the SLA use of it.

I know going full-on Jean Gray is probably unrealistic, but hey, that's sorta the image I have. I mean the original write up for MotUH makes it sound amazing and powerful, so I just want to continue down the same vein. I'd like to see some improvement with Telekinetic Wielder too, but I can't really think of much except maybe extending it to Two Weapon Fighting or something.

Sure. I can work with that.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Jarem reaches level 32.

- Cleric 32 and Knight 32.
- 7 on a d12 for a total of 16 hit points and a grand total of 489 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +32.
- Gains 32nd level cleric casting. This is another daily charge, which goes into another War's Echo.
- All saves rise by 1.
- +1 Wisdom for a total of 32.
- Skills go up as normal. 
- Jarem selects Knight's Defense(K32) and Improved Deific Foe(C32) as bonus feats.

Solidish level.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Iron Dragoon

Rough draft/idea:

Telekinetic Storm
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 13
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium, Special
Duration: 1 round/level

As you cast this spell, a windstorm begins to stir, soon becoming a maelstrom. This spell causes a storm of telekinetic energy to appear. All hostile creatures in the eye of the storm, a 20 foot radius, are thrown into the air and suspended in place. Outside of the eye, the telekinetic winds throw all objects, including creatures, are whipped into a tornado-like whirlwind. Once per round, as a free action, the caster can fling these objects at the suspended targets, impacting for 1d6 damage per caster level. The caster can designate a target for each object as they wish. Any creatures with flying caught in the storm must make a check to maintain their flight, and any creature trying to cast a spell must make a check to maintain their spell.

Anastasia

Take a gander, Iddy. Draft 1 and missing feat/skill information, which isn't critical to the overall structure.

Telekinetic Master

Hit Die

d4

Prerequisites

Skills

Concentration 24 ranks, Knowledge (Arcana) 24 ranks, Spellcraft 24 ranks

Feats

Arcane Thesis (Telekinesis)

Epic Feats

Epic Skill Focus (Spellcraft)

Special

Able to cast 6th level arcane spells.

Special

Fling skyward.

SKILLS PLACEHOLDER, IT'LL MOSTLY BE SIMILAR TO SOR/WIZ SKILL OPTIONS.

LevelBase Attack BonusSpecialSpells
1+1Telekinetic focus+1+1 arcane
2+2Greater force (50 pounds)+1 arcane
3+3Bonus feat+1 arcane
4+4Telekinetic focus+2+1 arcane
5+5Telekinetic blast+1 arcane
6+6Bonus feat+1 arcane
7+7Greater force (75 pounds), telekinetic focus+3+1 arcane
8+8Mass fling skyward+1 arcane
9+9Bonus feat, crushing blow+1 arcane
10+10Telekinetic focus+4, telekinetic overload+1 arcane

Telekinetic Focus (Ex)

The telekinetic master's telekinesis becomes virtually unstoppable.  She gains a +1 bonus to the save DC of telekinesis. This bonus stacks with other bonuses to DC, such as from spell focus (transmutation).

At 4th level and every 3 levels thereafter, the bonus to the DC of telekinesis rises by 1.

Greater Force (Ex)

The telekinetic master can move far more weight than a typical spellcaster. She can move up to 50 pounds per caster level with telekinesis, such as with the sustained force or violent thrust usage of telekinesis. Additionally, she no longer has a maximum of 375 pounds that she can move, the only limit is what her caster level provides her. For example, a telekinetic master with a caster level of 25 can move up to 1250 pounds.

At 7th level and every 5 levels thereafter, the amount of weight that can be move per caster level rises by 25. This is 75 pounds per caster level at level 7, 100 pounds at level 12 and so forth.

Telekinetic Blast (Ex)

At 5th level, a telekinetic master can throw anyone close to her away like leaves on the wind. As a standard action, the telekinetic master may use the violent thrust usage of telekinesis on all creatures within 100ft of herself. This sends them flying in the opposite direction to you, relative to where they are. Creatures that hit a solid surface take 10d6 points of damage, as if they had fell 100ft, instead of 1d6 points of damage. The telekinetic master can choose to exclude individual creatures from this blast.

A creature targeted by this is allowed a Will save and spell resistance, as normal. Using this ability requires telekinesis to be active on the telekinetic master.

Mass Fling Skyward (Ex)

The telekinetic master can throw many creatures skyward at once. This is identical to the fling skyward class feature of the master of the unseen hand, except it can affect up to one creature per caster level. All creatures affected must be in the range of telekinesis but do not need to be close together.

Crushing Blow (Ex)

When the telekinetic master uses the violent thrust usage of telekinesis (including telekinetic blast), they can choose to crush their enemies with the same force that sends them flying. This deals 1d6 points of damage per two caster levels. This only applies if the Will save against violent thrust is failed, no damage is taken on a successful save. The normal effects of violent thrust still apply, this damage is in addition to it as well as any damage they suffer for striking a solid surface or any other damage taken as a result of violent thrust.

Telekinetic Overlord (Ex)

Once per day, the telekinetic master can overcharge a single casting of telekinesis. This casting gains a +5 bonus to caster level and DC of any saves. Additionally, any weight limits to the spell (such as using the sustained force or violent thrust usages of telekinesis) have their weight limit increased by a factor of ten. For example, a telekinetic master who can move up to 1250 pounds can move up to 12500 pounds for this casting of telekinesis.

BONUS FEATS PLACEHOLDER, IT'S 3+3 FOR PROGRESSION AND WILL MOSTLY BE TYPICAL SOR/WIZ FEAT OPTIONS ALONG WITH CLASS SPECIFIC ONES.

Extra Telekinetic Overlord [Epic]
Prerequisite: Telekinetic Overlord
Benefit: You may use your telekinetic overload special ability an additional time per day.
Special: You may select this feat more than once. Its benefits stack.

Improved Fling Skyward [Epic]
Prerequisite: Fling Skyward
Benefit: You fling creatures skyward with vast force. A creature you fling skyward now takes 1d8 points of damage per 10ft fallen. This damage is no longer limited by the maximum falling damage.
Normal: A creature takes 1d6 points of damage per 10ft fallen. The maximum damage for this or any fall is 20d6 damage.

Superior Telekinetic Force [Epic]
Prerequisite: Greater Force
Benefit: Double the amount of weight you can move with telekinesis, such as with the sustained force or violent thrust usage of telekinesis.
Special: You may select this feat more than once. Its benefits stack. Remember that two doublings equal a tripling and so forth.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

I like it over-all. The Fling Skyward improvement is nice, but I still have questions about it. If I do it inside, what happens? If they can fly, do they just negate it?

Other than that, everything else looks to be fairly straightforward.

Anastasia

Okay, you can go ahead and begin your level up with that beta, it's not going to change a ton besides skills being added and a list of bonus feats.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Level 32/Changes:

+1 Factotum (lvl 22)
-1 Paragnostic Apostle (retrained: Telekinetic Master 1)
+2 Telekinetic Master (Lvl 1, 2)

+3Hp from roll, +2Hp from Con, +1Hp from Toughness
+1 to saves
+1 BaB (Side 2: Factotum)
+1 Int
+18 skillpoints (+1 to: Diplo, DD, K:A/D/G/N/P/R, Perception, Spellcraft, Stealth. +7 to Intimidate)

Retrain:
(LvL 12) Empower Spell -> Arcane Thesis (Telekinesis)
(Lvl 15) Arcane Mastery -> Skill Focus (Spellcraft)
(Lvl 30) Improved Metamagic -> Epic Skill Focus (Spellcraft)

Anastasia

Telekinetic Master and Madalani are up.
<Afina> Forever.