News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Cor is correct about the boots being an enhancement bonus.

That being said, you're wrong on the price. Remember the MIC doubler, so RAW for us it would be +10k gold for quickness. That's definitely a case where the doubler doesn't work well.

The books are 5.5k for +10ft movement speed and a bonus to Jump checks. Considering a normal +5 item is 2.5k, that prices 10ft enhancement at 3k gold. Granted, Jump is marginal enough that maybe they discounted it, but that aside it's still not terribly expensive. Even with an off slot mod, +10ft on something would clock in around 5k or so.

So yeah, that's overpriced even with everything else considered. One sec, doing some math.

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

There's no casual and accurate formula for pricing movement speed bonuses that I see. I believe I worked with this before and came to the same conclusion.

I'll knock it down to 3k when it's all said and done. Same price as +10 on the boots, but it's off slot and an add on, so I'll call it good enough.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

These are being added to Moore's sheet as an oversight from B3.

Knight's Gauntlets

These gauntlets grant a +2 enhancement bonus to Strength. When worn by a creature with levels in in the knight class, they are counted as five levels higher to determine the bonus from shield block as well as the morale bonus to attack rolls and Will saves from fighting challenge. A character without levels in knight gains no benefit from this, though they can still benefit from the Strength bonus.

Anastasia

Cross post those in loot for the sake of archiving and organization? Thanks.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

So I think I've been running Inspire Greatness wrong since I started using it.

Here's what it says:

Inspire Greatness (Su)
A bard of 9th level or higher with 12 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use music or poetics to inspire greatness in himself or a single willing ally within 30 feet, granting him or her extra fighting capability. For every three levels a bard attains beyond 9th, he can target one additional ally with a single use of this ability (two at 12th level, three at 15th, four at 18th). To inspire greatness, a bard must sing and an ally must hear him sing. The effect lasts for as long as the ally hears the bard sing and for 5 rounds thereafter. A creature inspired with greatness gains 2 bonus Hit Dice (d10s), the commensurate number of temporary hit points (apply the target's Constitution modifier, if any, to these bonus Hit Dice), a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls, and a +1 competence bonus on Fortitude saves. The bonus Hit Dice count as regular Hit Dice for determining the effect of spells that are Hit Dice dependant. Inspire greatness is a mind-affecting ability.

The bolded part is what I've been handling incorrectly.

I assumed that it was just Xd10 temporary HP, but it looks like it's Xd10+target's con modifier times x, where x in this equation is however many bonus hit dice is provided, which in Moore's case is usually 8. So instead of it just being 8d10, it looks like its' 8d10+8x[Con Mod for target] . Am Interpreting this wrong?

Corwin

I have a draft of a plan for attacking the flaming salt place, should I sum it up here or wait for my chance to come up in my thread and do it there?

Incidentally, I'll be taking Oraga and Lagann with me. And if events delay it for some reason, my high priestess would be joining as well once her sheet exists.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 03, 2019, 04:35:29 PM
I have a draft of a plan for attacking the flaming salt place, should I sum it up here or wait for my chance to come up in my thread and do it there?

Incidentally, I'll be taking Oraga and Lagann with me. And if events delay it for some reason, my high priestess would be joining as well once her sheet exists.

That sounds solid, go ahead and post it here. We can just copy/paste if needed later.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on February 02, 2019, 10:19:47 PM
So I think I've been running Inspire Greatness wrong since I started using it.

Here's what it says:

Inspire Greatness (Su)
A bard of 9th level or higher with 12 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use music or poetics to inspire greatness in himself or a single willing ally within 30 feet, granting him or her extra fighting capability. For every three levels a bard attains beyond 9th, he can target one additional ally with a single use of this ability (two at 12th level, three at 15th, four at 18th). To inspire greatness, a bard must sing and an ally must hear him sing. The effect lasts for as long as the ally hears the bard sing and for 5 rounds thereafter. A creature inspired with greatness gains 2 bonus Hit Dice (d10s), the commensurate number of temporary hit points (apply the target's Constitution modifier, if any, to these bonus Hit Dice), a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls, and a +1 competence bonus on Fortitude saves. The bonus Hit Dice count as regular Hit Dice for determining the effect of spells that are Hit Dice dependant. Inspire greatness is a mind-affecting ability.

The bolded part is what I've been handling incorrectly.

I assumed that it was just Xd10 temporary HP, but it looks like it's Xd10+target's con modifier times x, where x in this equation is however many bonus hit dice is provided, which in Moore's case is usually 8. So instead of it just being 8d10, it looks like its' 8d10+8x[Con Mod for target] . Am Interpreting this wrong?

I think you're right. If it says you get x hit dice plus the con modifier for that, you get the hit dice plus the con modifier.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I'm knocking out a few secondary level ups this morning.

As Sylica expands, so does the power of some of its defenders.

The Guardian of the Felic Gate reaches level 24.

- Grandchild of Jormugandr 24 and Rogue 4.
- Max HP per hit die, for a total of 18 hit points and a grand total of 432 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +24.
- Gained uncanny dodge. It never hurts.
- Gained deceptive defense. It's a nice pick up for him.
- No change to saves.
- +1 Int for a total of 20.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Selects Epic Ability Focus (Poison)(24) as his new feat.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Grias reaches level 5.

- Lantern Archon 5 and Healer 5.
- 7 on a d8 for a total of 9 hit points and a grand total of 36 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +5.
- Gains effortless healing. That's okay - but if he needs that something's gone dreadfully wrong.
- No change to saves.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

This isn't a full level since he's not done and posted, but Delaize gained a level. Just a heads up, Alyssa.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Lumenbur reaches level 27.

- Fire Elemental 27 and Monk 27.
- 4 on a d8 for a total of 9 hit points and a grand total of 259 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +27.
- +1 spell resistance.
- Fast movement improves by 10ft to 90ft.
- No change to saves.
- Epic Toughness(27) because seriously sub 300 points for a melee type at 27 is not good. He's at 313 now.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Having a set of default spells for Lagann would be handy~
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 04, 2019, 11:09:35 AM
Having a set of default spells for Lagann would be handy~

DELEGATION INTERRUPT!

Make one for me, would you? Make it to his general theme and I'll adjust from there.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Productivity.

Lately I've been a little lazy with posted updates, characters and homebrewed content. I'd like to work on that and help schedule the time to improve things. As such, I'm working with the following expectation now. This is for my own self motivation.

At least once per gaming week (Mon-Fri), I'll try and put out a piece of homebrew OR at least one new supporting NPC's stat block. Homebrew is anything from spells to PrCs to ACFs to any other mechanical material. In the case of smaller things like spells and feats, 2-3 of them will satisfy this. Alternately and at my discretion, certain tasks and upkeep (minor NPC level ups, log work, minor character updates, ect) may take the place of this.

At least once during the gaming weekend (Sat-Sun), I'll try and put out the same as above.

This will be getting a sticky here for my own self motivation and tracking.
<Afina> Forever.