News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

New baddie posted in C&M. This is this coming gameweek's content, posted early since I'm missing afternoon session tomorrow anyway.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

I'm going to try and put out a little more content this week. I'd like to do something for Moore and Tryll, as I covered the other three PCs this weekend. Exact details still TBA.

This weekend will likely be a polished and finished version of quaruts for the campaign, since it's no longer too spoilery to post them. Some extra chronomancy may come with this as circumstances allow.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

So I asked for Commander via the MiC, but I just found Command in the Defenders of the Faith book, which seems to be the origin of Commander? Was wondering if you'd approve it.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

What's the differences between them?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Commander, 2000gp: +2 competence on Diplo, allies in 30ft get +1 morale to Will, -5 to Hide.

Command, +2 bonus: +4 competence to Charisma, +2 morale to Will saves to allies in 30ft, -6 to hide.

The flavor text for them is almost exactly the same, so I'm not entirely sure why they watered it down, except to lower the price.

Anastasia

As in a competence bonus to Charisma or a bonus to Charisma skills or what there?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

C/P from the book:

Coveted by military leaders of all sorts, this armor or shield carries a powerful aura that gives a +4 competence bonus to Charisma and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves to all allies within 30 feet. The enchantment also makes the possessor very noticeable, giving a –6 penalty on Hide checks.

Anastasia

Not going to allow it, no. The big, competence bonus to Charisma's the deal breaker there.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Delaize is mostly done, Iddy. All he really needs is a spell list, and he may see enough combat that I need to include one. I should have him done by tomorrow afternoon if all goes well.

---

Next up is Cor's high priestess that he wanted done. I need to sit down and plan her out, not sure how long she'll take. Delaize is a fairly simple build so he's quick, she'll take more effort.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Nephrite on February 08, 2019, 12:34:21 PM
I won't rehash the decisions I made on the previous spells since they're the same.

1. Divine Favor
2. Blessed Aim - Another morale bonus that fits the inspiration theme.
3. Mass Aid - I think this continues to fit the idea of inspiration.
4. Glibness - This is more about personal inspiration, but I think it works. I could find a different one, though.
5. Atonement
6. Surge of Hope
7. Aura of Vitality  - This one is again, more morale-based inspiration. You're basically infusing either yourself or others with help.
8. Lion's Roar - Here we have one where you're showcasing a damage while also giving your allies a bit of pep in their step by being inspired.
9. Freedom - I can see arguments against this one, but Freedom (the word, not the spell) is one of the best things someone could be inspired to work on their own, so I feel like from a thematic standpoint it fits.

Botherbotherbotherbother.

Anastasia

Notes from everywhere.

1. Quaruts are done and will be posted to satisfy weekend content.  They're a reasonably interesting epic monster, one upgraded from the Fiend Folio for campaign specific reasons. They're a powerful worry for those who would attempt to meddle in the forbidden magic of chronomancy.

2. Moore's domain analysis will be this evening sometime. Finally getting out from under a huge surge of productivity the past week.

3. Speaking of, we're due feedback. I've been a little lax on it lately, mostly because of RL and then my inspiration going elsewhere. I'm going to sit down and try and pound out some feedback this weekend sometime.

4. Less of a note and more of a suggestion: One thing I'd like to see is that once I call a session, everyone that's still here makes one more post so I have something to respond to before the next session. Give me something to hook into and reply, something to get a little more movement between sessions. This is less important for those who make both sessions (Moore) and more important for those with limited time (Yuth). I'd really like to see that going forward, so that I have more to bite into before each session and we can get rolling smoothly.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on February 08, 2019, 12:34:21 PM1. Divine Favor
4. Glibness - This is more about personal inspiration, but I think it works. I could find a different one, though.
5. Atonement
6. Surge of Hope
7. Aura of Vitality  - This one is again, more morale-based inspiration. You're basically infusing either yourself or others with help.
8. Lion's Roar - Here we have one where you're showcasing a damage while also giving your allies a bit of pep in their step by being inspired.
9. Freedom - I can see arguments against this one, but Freedom (the word, not the spell) is one of the best things someone could be inspired to work on their own, so I feel like from a thematic standpoint it fits.

The old list is below for my personal reference.

1. Divine Favor
2. Share Talents
3. Glibness
4. Battlecry
5. Atonement
6. Surge of Hope
7. Empyreal Ecstasy
8. Crown of Glory
9. Moment of Prescience

1 is still good. 2's better than share talents, certainly. Mass aid fits. Atonement still works. Same with surge of hope. Lion's roar is a bit tangential but I can see it.

That leaves glibness, aura of vitality and freedom.

Freedom makes sense, insofar as there's no knock out option at 9th level. Any choice I saw would need some self justification due to that or a custom spell. So yeah, that's fair enough.

Go ahead and keep glibness, but I'd really rather swap aura of vitality out.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on February 13, 2019, 05:01:08 PM
4. Less of a note and more of a suggestion: One thing I'd like to see is that once I call a session, everyone that's still here makes one more post so I have something to respond to before the next session. Give me something to hook into and reply, something to get a little more movement between sessions. This is less important for those who make both sessions (Moore) and more important for those with limited time (Yuth). I'd really like to see that going forward, so that I have more to bite into before each session and we can get rolling smoothly.

Will do.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on February 13, 2019, 05:39:47 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on February 08, 2019, 12:34:21 PM1. Divine Favor
5. Atonement
6. Surge of Hope

The old list is below for my personal reference.

1. Divine Favor
2. Share Talents
3. Glibness
4. Battlecry
5. Atonement
6. Surge of Hope
7. Empyreal Ecstasy
8. Crown of Glory
9. Moment of Prescience

1 is still good. 2's better than share talents, certainly. Mass aid fits. Atonement still works. Same with surge of hope. Lion's roar is a bit tangential but I can see it.

That leaves glibness, aura of vitality and freedom.

Freedom makes sense, insofar as there's no knock out option at 9th level. Any choice I saw would need some self justification due to that or a custom spell. So yeah, that's fair enough.

Go ahead and keep glibness, but I'd really rather swap aura of vitality out.

Okay, then I'll just swap it for the same thing, slightly different in Mass Animalistic Power. I was considering Holy Word/Whatever the evil version is but ehh, that one isn't as clean a fit, I think.

Animalistic is an enhancement bonus, but I think it still works?