DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Duskblade spell progression updated to level 44 in the epic duskblade writeup.  Just a heads up.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Donald reaches level 33.

- Duskblade 33 and Dragon Disciple 13.
- While he gets max hit points per hit die as a proxy of Seira, I'm going to roll Donald's HP for future reference in case he ever loses the template. He got am 11 on a d12, so noted. So -1 HP from this level if it ever happens.
- Max hit points per hit die, for a total of 26 hit points and a grand total of 816 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +33.
- Spell resistance rises by 1 to 48.
- Breath weapon damage rises by 2d8 to 8d8.
- +1 natural armor.
- Gains 33rd level duskblade spellcasting. This is a total of 3 new 9th level spells (including the bonus one from dragon disciple) per day and a new 9th level spell known. Donald selects disintegrating burst. He's happy with that one, no custom spells for him this level.
- No change to saves.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Gains a new feat, which is Shield Barrier(33). His Reflex save rejoices.

Solid level for him, lots of nice boosts.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Ranbar reaches level 33.

- Cloistered Cleric 33 and Perfectus 23.
- 5 on a d8 for a total of 16 hit points and a grand total of 510 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +22.
- DC of channel energy rises by 1 to 33.
- Lore rises by 1 to +43.
- Exalted inspiration goes up by +1...except it's already right. Not a huge deal since I considered putting her out at 33 and must've forgotten to change that.
- Gains 33rd level cleric casting. This grants her a new 13th level spell and 1+1 14th level spells. She selects another barraged twinned vivacious star explosion, barraged maximized burst of glory and greater divine power.
- No change to saves.
- Gains a feat, which is Bonus Domain(War). She wanted to get that earlier and it just didn't fit in, so now it does.

No comment, as she needs to see how her build performs before I can really judge how this level was.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Submitting for approval/update/changes:

MotUH 5 Capstone:
Telekinesis (Sp): You can use telekinesis at will as a spell like ability. Your caster level equals your hit dice. This ability permanently consumes a spell slot of the appropriate level. You can apply metamagic feats, without the benefit of any cost reduction, and have it gain those benefits and consume the new adjusted spell slot level.

TKM Bonus Feat:
Superior Inherent Telekinesis [Epic]
Prerequisite: Telekinesis SLA
Benefit: Your Telekinesis SLA uses the best casting stat as its base, and makes it an at-will ability.
Normal: Your Telekinesis SLA uses Charisma as its base state, and can only be used a number of times per day detailed by the ability.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Iron Dragoon

Level 33!

+6 HP.
Swapping Toughness for Font of Inspiration. -32hp.
New HP Total: 281
+1 Inspiration. New total: 15
BaB +1: 28
+18 Skillpoints (+4 Intimidate, +3 Sleight of Hand, +1Diplo/DD/K:A/D/G/N/P/R/Perception/Spellcraft/Stealth)
Factotum ACF: Cunning Mimicry
Feat: Improved Metamagic
TKM 3 Bonus Feat:
Item Familiar special ability: Deadly Precision
+1 level 13 spell slot.
+1 level 14 spell slot (immediately lost, gain 3 transmutation bonus slots)

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on March 12, 2019, 10:53:01 PM
Submitting for approval/update/changes:

MotUH 5 Capstone:
Telekinesis (Sp): You can use telekinesis at will as a spell like ability. Your caster level equals your hit dice. This ability permanently consumes a spell slot of the appropriate level. You can apply metamagic feats, without the benefit of any cost reduction, and have it gain those benefits and consume the new adjusted spell slot level.

TKM Bonus Feat:
Superior Inherent Telekinesis [Epic]
Prerequisite: Telekinesis SLA
Benefit: Your Telekinesis SLA uses the best casting stat as its base, and makes it an at-will ability.
Normal: Your Telekinesis SLA uses Charisma as its base state, and can only be used a number of times per day detailed by the ability.

Okay, the at will part isn't needed since Master of the Unseen Hand's houserule gives you TK as an at will SLA. Still, if you want to adjust the SLA with a feat, feel free.

Superior Telekinesis [Epic]
Prerequisite: Telekinesis as a spell-like ability at will, Telekinetic Focus+1
Benefit: You may use your choice of your Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma modifiers to determine the DC of your telekinesis spell like ability.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on March 12, 2019, 11:15:58 PM
Level 33!

+6 HP.
Swapping Toughness for Font of Inspiration. -32hp.
New HP Total: 281
+1 Inspiration. New total: 15
BaB +1: 28
+18 Skillpoints (+4 Intimidate, +3 Sleight of Hand, +1Diplo/DD/K:A/D/G/N/P/R/Perception/Spellcraft/Stealth)
Factotum ACF: Cunning Mimicry
Feat: Improved Metamagic
TKM 3 Bonus Feat:
Item Familiar special ability: Deadly Precision
+1 level 13 spell slot.
+1 level 14 spell slot (immediately lost, gain 3 transmutation bonus slots)

Looks solid. HP is painfully low, though.
<Afina> Forever.

Yulia

Doing DM work while I'm away from my computer. Basically using this as a notepad. Nothing here's final and it's completely unproofed, so expect to see more of my sausage making for spells than usual.

Elle's Triple Boom
Evocation [Electricity, Sonic]
Level: Sor/Wiz 14
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25ft + 5ft 2/levels)
Effect: Two rays
Duration: Instantaneous; see text
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes

Conjures two rays, one lightning and one sonic damage. Probably 25d6 for both as a low ball baseline, check spells later to come up with a number. Can be aimed independently. If both hit the same target, creates a loud boom that deafens/stuns creatures within x range unless a save is passed. Imagery should be storm based, think thunder and lightning. Very much a shock and awe spell. Spell should be loud and attention getting. Upsides: Fits Elle, very thematic and appropriate spell to be noticed. Downside: Hit + radius effect is a little too similar to sunlance for my tastes. It feels distinctive enough to not be a stopper, but it does come to mind. Thoughts: Maybe add some wrinkle or twist to make it a little more distinctive.

(Kascha's? Probably not, not her style to name her spells) Gentle Aura
Enchantment (Charm) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Sor/Wiz 14
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range/Area/Ect: Check similar spells, don't have access and don't recall. Basically an aura around her.
Duration: 10 min/level (maybe 1 hour?)
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

Idea is some sort of charming aura to make creature around her as well as an anti-aggression and softening aura. Need to review BoED spells related to this to get a better idea. Upside: A nice option for Kascha, I like the style if it comes together. Downside: Mind-affecting. Thoughts: Pretty embryonic right now. Can go in a lot of directions, the base idea's there and it feels workable.

Corwin

Dune, please list the Donald and Elle SDAs (they each got one from me via the proxy template, I believe?) on their sheets.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

As for the Kascha spell, since an unnamed bitch from Aurora put her name into an unflattering spell, I'll subtly add her name to this one after she's done with it.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yulia

Quote from: Corwin on March 13, 2019, 12:14:59 PM
Dune, please list the Donald and Elle SDAs (they each got one from me via the proxy template, I believe?) on their sheets.

Oh yeah, I'll look up what they got and update.

Yulia

Quote from: Corwin on March 13, 2019, 12:21:33 PM
As for the Kascha spell, since an unnamed bitch from Aurora put her name into an unflattering spell, I'll subtly add her name to this one after she's done with it.

Up to you once it's done. I won't get to it tonight; Iddy's the priority if I make it that far so he can pick up tomorrow as well.

Yulia

Also note to self: Realm checks tonight or tomorrow.

Iron Dragoon

<Kotono> Honestly, since it's just + inspiration, it's not hyper critical where it is so long as it's not used double dip.
<Kotono> *used to
> I mean, can't you just make it like an enhancement bonus? Doesn't stack with itself or something?
<Kotono> More like I'd rule multiple sources of item based inspiration boosts don't stack.
<Kotono> Since we're not likely to see or even need that many different ways to boost inspiration.
> Sure.
> Same cost and stuff? +2?
<Kotono> Yeah, I'll write something jup for it later. Post a note in nagging for me.

Anastasia

Jarem reaches level 33.

- Cleric (Crusader variant) 33 and Knight 33.
- 6 on a d12 for a total of 15 hit points and a grand total of 504 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +33.
- Gains 33rd level cleric spellcasting. This gives Jarem a new 13th and 14th level spell. He selects mass energy immunity and antimagic zone. Latter's a placeholder for something custom.
- No change to saves.
- His new feat is Epic Agile Shield Fighter(33).

Eh level, sort of a dead one, incoming spells later aside.
<Afina> Forever.