News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

It's nice to be back. Over the next few days, RL cooperating, I'm going to try and get back in the groove of a lot of things.

FYI, Cor was wiped and crashed early plus Eb's not feeling well, Neph. So it's pretty quiet right now.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Anastasia

Yet.

Sick's going around unfortunately. Odd time of year for it but so it goes.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Dana reaches level 33.

- Dwarven Defender 20 and Psychic Warrior 25.
- 3 on a d12 for a total of 16 hit points and a grand total of 634 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +33.
- Trap sense rises by +1 to +5. Thrilling.
- Gains 33rd level psychic warrior manifesting. She's taking Great Ability(Wisdom) as a feat so power point totals will be below. As for her new power, Dana creates Dana's Get Your Shit Together.
- No change to saves.
- Skills go up as normal.
- New feats: Great Ability(Wisdom)(33) and Bulwark of Defense(DD20).
- Power point total is now 529.

Dana's Get Your Shit Together
Psychometabolism (Healing)
Level: Psychic Warrior 10
Display: Auditory and material
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Power Resistance Yes (harmless)
Power Points: 21

When manifested, this power heals the target 10d12 points of damage and negates the following conditions: ability damage, ability drain, blinded, dazed, deafened, exhausted, fatigued, nauseated, sickened and stunned. Any fear effect on the target is negated, including the effects of the Intimidate skill.

Augment

For every 2 additional power points you spend, this power heals an additional 1d12 points of damage
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

This week went really well, just FYI. I'll type up full feedback later, but it was a great rebound week.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

This week felt like everyone had progress.

Alicia

You captured Dragodan and neutralized a Sharran proxy. That's a big deal - that's one less proxy for Shar to throw around. That this is a victory goes without saying and should be a feather in Alicia's cap.

Moore

Breaking through anathemic knowledge is a long term goal of Moore's, one he's finally begun to accomplish. Getting past that will aid Moore as well as satisfy promises he's made, so it's absolutely a win for him.

Tryll

Tryll finished his adventure with a new Heart Ruby plus a level up. That's good solid work, congratulations Tryll. That'll help move things along nicely for him.

Alyssa

You've mostly cleared the big battles outside of your destination. It's been some tough fighting and it isn't over yet, but it feels like you're getting close. Taking out Corryn worked well, though the baddies are more than willing to fight defensively.

Seira

I'm happy the time dungeon's done, and you're right into the thick of more interesting adventures. This one should be good, so you've definitely made progress there. Can't wait to see how it unfolds next week.

---

After a few tough weeks due to RL, this sort of hands on progress feels great for me and feels great for the game. Keep it up, everyone.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Self-nagging to finish my level up
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Yeah, I meant to catch you. How's that going?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Miranda reaches level 33.

- Valkyrie 33 and Ranger 33.
- 4 on a d8 for a total of 12 hit points and a grand total of 433 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +33.
- +1 spell resistance for a total of 44.
- Gains 33rd level ranger casting. This gives her 8th level ranger access, but she lacks 8th level bonus spells so no joy there yet.
- No change to saves.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Great Ability(Constitution)(33) as her new feat.

Pretty much a dead level besides the Constitution bump.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

This is a nagging post for Cor's sake -- after the end of the current stuff we're both involved in, Moore is still looking for the Book from Io and to talk about Calley's notes.

Anastasia

A new PrC is up. Focused hunter is all about improving a character's favored enemy ability.  For the ranger who uses a lot of favored enemy or something more non standard, it's a good option if you want to get the most out of your favored enemy ability.

Miranda will either be taking levels of this or retraining into this in due time.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Yeah, sorry, I've been getting stunlocked via DM interrupts for RL months.  >_>
I then figured I'd send an NPC over to deliver it instead, but during the present situation I can't justify sending off an officer, either.

At the earliest IC opportunity, it'll happen.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Cool, cool, you two. Remind me if I sidetrack you again.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Chronomancy FAQ update. I'm making headway in it. Here's another section to preview. If you have any questions you would like answered in the FAQ, by all means post them.

B. Chronomancy

1. What can Chronomancy do?

Chronomancy is the direct manipulation of temporal energies to achieve various effects. This primarily deals with time travel and direct temporal manipulations, though creative spellcasters have made many spells that accomplish varied things through temporal manipulations. Typical examples of Chronomancy are as follows:

- Time travel.
- Micro temporal adjustments, allowing the alteration of previously attempted actions.
- Temporal disruptions, which can disorient, confuse and harm creatures.
- The direct adjustment of the age of a creature.
- Bodily restoration or harm through manipulating a body to a previous frame of temporal reference.
- Temporal anomalies, both to cause or repair them.

Note that this includes what both normal and epic magic can accomplish.

2. What can Chronomancy not do?

Chronomancy is able to accomplish a great deal through temporal manipulation. Nonetheless some limits to it are known.

- Time travel to the future relative to the Absolute Present.
- Time travel to the first ages of Creation.
- Direct resurrection (though indirect resurrection can be possible in some cases).
- Affecting a deity in the past and having it impact them in the Present.

3. How hard is it to cast Chronomantic spells in the current era?

Chronomancy is no harder to use from a spellcasting perspective than before the Temporal Compact was agreed to. The Temporal Compact does not limit the Weave itself, but rather the use of the Weave in regards to Chronomancy.

4. How hard is it to learn and cast Chronomantic spells in light of the Temporal Compact?

It is considered impossible to learn Chronomancy in the current era. This is due to the impact of the Keepers of the Temporal Compact. The Keepers are allowed Chronomancy when no others are. As such, they adjust the past so that potential violations of the Temporal Compact are averted before they can happen. This method is not foolproof, but it successfully averts over 99% of possible violations of the Temporal Compact. Other violations are met with several methods to stop them. These methods include violence, threats and in rare and extraordinary cases, recruitment to serve one of the Keepers of the Temporal Compact.

5. Why have Chronomancy when it's banned; what's the point?

The intention of Chronomancy is to demarcate how temporal magic works in Creation and why it isn't seen in action. It is used in several ways to expand the setting, even if PCs cannot use it directly. The impacts are myriad and varied and are described below.

- Many metaphysical questions are answered about the setting and the nature of time. This helps support the coherency of the setting and further reinforce how things work within it.
- The establishment of the Keepers of the Temporal Compact, which provides a group for PCs to interact with and explore the world through those interactions.
- Potential inspiration for adventures skirting around the edges of Chronomancy or the rare unauthorized use of Chronomancy.
- An insight into divine politics and how Creation's deities work when they must work together.
- An insight into the nature of the Incarnations.
- An in setting reason for why certain spells, such as the celerity line, are banned. Likewise, it provides reasons for why some time manipulation-esque abilities have unusual limitations.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Corwin on May 07, 2019, 01:44:04 PM
Yeah, sorry, I've been getting stunlocked via DM interrupts for RL months.  >_>
I then figured I'd send an NPC over to deliver it instead, but during the present situation I can't justify sending off an officer, either.

At the earliest IC opportunity, it'll happen.

No worries! We'll work it out.