News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Prismatic Dragon Template

Prismatic dragons are the result of Seira Aryn's research into draconic perfection. Rather than seek enlightenment through balance, the dragons follow Seira's lead down a fresh path to perfection approved by Io.

Creating a Prismatic Dragon

"Prismatic Dragon" is an acquired template that can be added to any creature of the dragon type (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

Size, Type and Speed

The base creature's size, type and speed are unchanged.

Special Attacks

A prismatic dragon retains all the special attacks of the base creature and also gains the following special abilities.

Spell-like abilities: At will-Hypnotic pattern (Wyrmling), rainbow pattern (Juvenile). 3/day-sunbeam (Adult), sunburst (Old), prismatic wall (Ancient), prismatic sphere (Great wyrm). Caster level equal to the prismatic dragon's hit dice. The save DCs are charisma based. The abilities are gained upon reaching the indicated age category of the base creature.

Prismatic Breath (Su): A prismatic dragon has two breath weapons on top of any breath weapon the base creature has. One is a prismatic spray in the shape of a cone. This cone is as normal for a dragon of its size, not the size of the spell. The second is known as the Fivefold Breath. Five separate breath weapons are exhaled at once, each one matching that of a chromatic dragon. Each breath weapon uses d8s and deals damage equal to one half of the chromatic dragon's hit dice. The save DCs are constitution based.

Special Qualities

Prismatic Immunities (Ex): Prismatic dragons cannot be harmed by any light, including spells with the light descriptor, searing light, and the various prismatic (sphere, spray, wall) spells. In addition, they are immune to any spell or effect that causes blindness. Prismatic dragons are immune to sleep and paralysis effects.

Prismatic Cloak (Su): A prismatic dragon is protected by a shield of shimmering light similar to a cloak of chaos that provides a deflection bonus to its AC. The deflection bonus is equal to the dragon's Charisma bonus.

Prismatic Nature:
Damage Reduction (Ex): A prismatic dragon's damage reduction changes from the base creature's. It can now only be bypassed by epic, adamantine weapons that are colorless. If the base creature did not have damage reduction, it gains damage reduction 10/epic, adamantine weapons that are colorless.
Regeneration (Ex): A prismatic dragon takes lethal damage from attacks that penetrate its damage reduction.

Abilities

Increase from the base creature as follows: Int +4, Wis +4, Cha +4.

Level Adjustment

+4
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

I'll work that out this weekend, pound it into template form and see if anything breaks on it.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 12, 2019, 11:01:11 PM
Buff spread for divvying up:

Long Duration:

Everyone:
Create Magic Tattoo: +1 Spellcaster Level, CL 32, Duration: 24 Hours.
Spoiler: ShowHide
+1 spellcaster level.

Create Magic Tattoo: Spell Resistance 20, CL 29, Duration: 24 Hours.
Spell resistance equal to 10 + 1 per three caster levels.

Create Magic Tattoo: +1 Luck to Attack, CL 25, Duration: 24 Hours.
+1 luck bonus on attack rolls.

Magic Vestment +5 (Shield), CL 23, Duration 23 Hours.
+5 armor bonus to armor/shield.

Greater Magic Weapon:Life-Drinker +5, CL 33, Duration: 32 Hours.
enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls of +5

Mind Blank, CL 33, Duration: 24 Hours.
This spell protects against all mind-affecting spells and effects as well as information gathering by divination spells or effects. Mind blank even foils limited wish, miracle, and wish spells when they are used in such a way as to affect the subject's mind or to gain information about it. In the case of scrying that scans an area the creature is in, such as arcane eye, the spell works but the creature simply isn't detected. Scrying attempts that are targeted specifically at the subject do not work at all.

Energy Immunity (Cold), CL 33, Duration: 24 Hours.
Immunity to Cold.

Energy Immunity (Electricity), CL 33, Duration: 24 Hours.
Immunity to Electricity.

Energy Immunity (Acid), CL 33, Duration: 24 Hours.
Immunity to Acid.

Mass Energy Immunity (Sonic), CL 33, Duration: 24 Hours.
Immunity to Sonic.

Epic Mage Armor, CL 33, Duration: 33 Hours.
This spell is identical to mage armor, except that it grants a +20 armor bonus to armor class.

Agility of the Dragon Princess, CL 33, Duration: 33 Hours.
+4 insight bonus to Dex.

Mind of the Dragon Princess, CL 33, Duration: 33 Hours.
+4 insight bonus to Int.

Endurance of the Dragon Princess, CL 33, Duration: 33 Hours.
+4 insight bonus to Con.

Pre-Combat (10 min/level):

Everyone:

Heroics, CL 33 Duration: 330 minutes.
Improved Initiative.

+4 to initiative checks.

Spiderskin, CL 33, Duration: 330 minutes.
+5 ehnacnce to Natural Armor, racial bonus on saves vs. poison, racial bonus on Hide checks.

Hamatula Barbs, CL 33, Duration: 330 minutes.
Any creature that hits with a handheld or natural weapon takes 1d8 points of slashing and piercing.

Combat Readiness, CL 33, Duration: 330 minutes.
+6 insight bonus on initiative checks. If flanked, opponents gain no bonus on attack rolls.

Interplanar Telephatic Bond, CL 33, Duration: 330 minutes.
Self +11 gain a telepathic bond that functions on the same plane and across planes.

Pre-Combat (1 min/level):

Everyone:

Power of the Huntress, CL 33, Duration: 33 minutes.
+10 enhancement to str, dex, con. +8 enhancement to Natural Armor. +20 competence bonus to Hide/Move Silently, +6 to iniative checks, cannot be flatfooted, gain Combat Reflexes feat, and scent special quality.

Blade of the Vampire, CL 33, Duration: 33 minutes.
Weapon deals an extra 1d8 points of damage to living creatures, heals user for equal amount.

Emily retrains in mass energy immunity to take care of energy immunity needs. She also has magic vestment so can take that pressure off as well. Beyond those, any in particular you want covered, if possible?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

No, energy immunity will open a bunch. Let me re-do my list tonight and I'll follow up then.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Talking around to all of you, there's a sense that the following is underpowered. I agree.

DIVINE SHIELD
The deity can channel part of her personal energy into a barrier that protects against almost any attack.
Prerequisites: Cha 29.
Benefit: As a swift action, the deity can create a shield that lasts 10 minutes and protects her body and equipment from attacks. The shield stops 10 points of damage per rank. Once the shield stops that much damage, it collapses. The damage can be from any source, including a divine blast attack. The deity can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Constitution bonus.
The deity can adjust the shield so that it does not block damage she ignores anyway. The effects of multiple divine shields do not stack.
Suggested Portfolio Elements: Any.

Proposed change in bold.

DIVINE SHIELD
The deity can channel part of her personal energy into a barrier that protects against almost any attack.
Prerequisites: Cha 29.
Benefit: As a swift action, the deity can create a shield that lasts 10 minutes and protects her body and equipment from attacks. The shield stops damage equal to (divine rank + charisma modifier) * 10. Once the shield stops that much damage, it collapses. The damage can be from any source, including a divine blast attack. The deity can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Constitution bonus.
The deity can adjust the shield so that it does not block damage she ignores anyway. The effects of multiple divine shields do not stack.
Suggested Portfolio Elements: Any.

Examples:

Antenora: (1 + 14) * 10 = 150 damage per shield.
Alicia: (3 + 15) * 10 = 180 damage per shield.
Syala: (2 + 11) * 10 = 130 damage per shield.
Seira (2 + 11) * 10 = 130 damage per shield.
Amaryl (1 + 9) * 10 = 100 damage per shield.

Higher end examples:

Lliira: (9 + 17) * 10 = 260 damage per shield.
Pistis Sophia (14 + 17) * 10 = 310 damage per shield.
Morwel: (20 + 27) * 10 = 470 damage per shield.

Thoughts, anyone?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sure thing, Iddy. Let me know so I can adjust more or close this one out.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I think it will definitely make our top enemies unkillable on top of their other defenses, but I can't say that's wrong. I'll probably pass anyway since Charisma is not my best stat.  :/

Corwin

Right, so as mentioned previously I settled on Extra Aura as the feat I want to retrain for Multiattack. Motivate Intelligence would be my chosen extra marshal aura known here.

Ebiris

New divine shield looks fine to me, it's no worse than someone having a big block of temp hp and those amounts look in bounds for spells available to people of that level if someone were to create an epic 'give temp hp' spell.

Could change it to standard action and be fair, though.

Nephrite

For Cor's benefit:

Moore would've told Sanzha about the shitty emptiness that got left in the wake of Lixer and Orcus fighting at Foggard (a library) in the Deep Ethereal, and now the whole place is basically a giant void. In addition, inside Foggard is some sort of antimagic area.

He would request they see if they can get rid of whatever awful shit is there, as there's supposedly some knowledge there that will help them locate Sylvie.

Corwin

Actually, that's an interesting suggestion. Dune, would my proxies/Kascha be able to use magic in a dead magic zone? How about Oraga, after Mystra's teachings?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 21, 2019, 10:40:02 AM
I think it will definitely make our top enemies unkillable on top of their other defenses, but I can't say that's wrong. I'll probably pass anyway since Charisma is not my best stat.  :/

That's a fair take, I think. I think I'm going to take that in mind along with Eb's point and change it to be a standard action. We'll see how that balances out and come back to it if it needs more adjustment.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 21, 2019, 10:21:11 AM
No, energy immunity will open a bunch. Let me re-do my list tonight and I'll follow up then.

Anything else here, Iddy?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 21, 2019, 03:17:03 PM
Right, so as mentioned previously I settled on Extra Aura as the feat I want to retrain for Multiattack. Motivate Intelligence would be my chosen extra marshal aura known here.

Sure, we'll see how it goes.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 22, 2019, 05:34:30 AM
Actually, that's an interesting suggestion. Dune, would my proxies/Kascha be able to use magic in a dead magic zone? How about Oraga, after Mystra's teachings?

Yes, deities ignore that sort of thing. If you have DvR or count as having DvR, you're good to go.
<Afina> Forever.