News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 22, 2019, 12:11:55 PM
QuotePhilosopher's Friend

This darkwood quarterstaff+6 grants a +15 competence bonus to Intelligence and Wisdom based skill checks when in hand. The holder's mental abilities expand with the reflections of the ages, granting a +4 bonus to Intelligence and Wisdom. Finally, the staff may cast sequester once per day (caster level 30th), except that the target does not become comatose.

Philosopher's Friend is a minor artifact.

How much to double the competence bonus to skills to +30?

- Improving a competence bonus to skill checks by +5. Cost: 1 point.

So 1 point per +5.

Can the +4 bonus to Int or Wis be raised to +6? If so, how much would it cost?

3 points.

Right, then. Dropping 4 points to boost the Int and Wis bonus to +6, and the competence to related skills to 20.

Post that in loot for reference.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Yeah I was fairly sure things would devolve into a fight with Queen, glad it didn't though. Hopefully we can do more for her after sorting out this guardian business.

Nephrite

There were a lot of subtle things to pick up on, like how Sylvie was intentionally just not answering questions that she knew she didn't want to answer, rather than lying about them, which she can't do.

I am quite curious what is behind the other doors in terms of encounters, for sure.

Then there's the matter of saving her from herself, of course.

Nephrite

This is also just a separate nagging post for all the loot that came out of the orb for sometime this weekend, if possible. : )

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on November 23, 2019, 10:49:09 AM
Yeah I was fairly sure things would devolve into a fight with Queen, glad it didn't though. Hopefully we can do more for her after sorting out this guardian business.

Indeed, I do feel bad for her. It's clear she got a bad deal in life and hasn't meaningfully improved herself.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 23, 2019, 10:57:21 AM
There were a lot of subtle things to pick up on, like how Sylvie was intentionally just not answering questions that she knew she didn't want to answer, rather than lying about them, which she can't do.

Pretty much, yes. She can't lie with 21, but she can simply avoid questions by this point, even if it's not easy for her. All of this came up in B3.

QuoteI am quite curious what is behind the other doors in terms of encounters, for sure.

Then there's the matter of saving her from herself, of course.

That's for next week, I figure y'all will get back to that soon.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 23, 2019, 10:58:01 AM
This is also just a separate nagging post for all the loot that came out of the orb for sometime this weekend, if possible. : )

*WHIMPER*

Actually most of it's just lump salable goods and random things, but there's a few things that require effort.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 23, 2019, 12:20:15 PM
Curious in what door #2 will show~

Tune in next week to find out, hopefully.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, Thanksgiving week is mostly downtime with a four day weekend. I don't have a lot to do, so you know what I'd like to do? Another round of IRC sessions over the long weekend. Y'all interested? Purely a chance for some character work here.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Iron Dragoon

Gonna be out of town, up at the other property. I dunno what the plan is for up there, as they are already there and I'm not. I'll be able to say yes/no for sure when I get up there.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

So noted, Iddy. If you can't make it no big deal, I understand it is a holiday weekend.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Corwin

QuoteWOUND ENEMY
Any weapon the deity wields causes a bleeding wound when it hits.
Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +30.
Benefit: Any weapon wielded by the deity deals damage to a creature such that a wound it causes deals 2d6 points of damage per round thereafter in addition to the normal damage from the weapon. Multiple wounds from the deity result in cumulative bleeding loss (two wounds for 2d6 points of damage per round, and so on). The bleeding can only be stopped by a successful Heal check (DC 15 + the deity's rank) or the application of any cure spell or other healing spell (heal, healing circle and so on).
Notes: The ability functions only when the deity personally attacks with a physical weapon. She can apply the ability to any weapon or natural weapon, but not to a spell, spell-like ability, supernatural ability, or divine ability. A deity can have this ability multiple times, and its effects stack.
Suggested Portfolio Elements: Death, pain, war.

Dune, can there be a complimentary SDA that applies bleeding damage to spells/SLAs/divine abilities rather than physical damage?