News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Incidentally, I'm curious how Violet's Superb Casting matches up against my arcane thesis. Can we get a look?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Putting my node's 1 reward point into increasing Life-Drinker's bonus by +1.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on December 28, 2019, 01:50:23 PM
Putting my node's 1 reward point into increasing Life-Drinker's bonus by +1.

Noted and node updated.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on December 25, 2019, 10:02:37 PM
I am posting this here so I don't have to troll through my threads to find it.

Commune with Knowledge
Divination
Level: Brd 11, Clr 13, Sor/Wiz 13
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Concentration

This spell contacts the platonic ideal of knowledge itself to obtain answers. This spell functions as contact other plane, except that the chance of a true answer is 1-96, the chance of a random answer is 97-100 and the Intelligence DC to avoid Intelligence and Charisma loss is 18, it lasts 1 day and a natural roll of 1 always results in a failure, no matter the total*. Certain questions, such as those that seek the secrets of deities, anathemic knowledge or knowledge protected by epic abjurations cause this spell to return a result of unknown instead of an answer. Unlike with contact other plane, the answers may be as long as needed and not only one word.

* Bards and clerics use Charisma and Wisdom in place of an Intelligence check, and lose their bard or cleric spellcasting in place of arcane spellcasting.

I'm not sure if it should be added to the Spell Collection or not, since as of right now only Moore and I guess Erathaol know of it.

I'll add it to the collection with a note about it being fairly obscure.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore's apotheosis:
(these changes are not yet applied to the sheet)

Spoiler: ShowHide
280 (6 HP, plus 4*6 (Pixie), 5*8 (Marshal), 5*8 (Favored Soul), 16*6 (Favored Soul), 10*3 (Sentinel), 2*6 (Divine Oracle)

272 (34 levels of +8 Con)
68 (Epic Toughness, 34*2)
34 (Toughness, 34*1)
34 (Psionic Body, 34*1)

New HP total is 688. 693 with Lifasa's Tear. This does not factor in any bonuses to stats from his new divine ranks.

Base land speed is 50ft and base fly speed is now 180ft (perfect)

Armor goes up by 12 (10 from natural, 1 from divine rank, +1 extra divine bonus on top of that).

+1 permanent attack bonus
+Alter Reality

Moore gains the Good and Hope domains.

A lot of the rest of this is just mechanical things he can do now, but since he effectively gained Polyglot from this, he will train out of that.

Moore picks up Divine Bard as his Salient Divine Ability, which means he also can retrain out of Music of the Gods, Lasting Inspiration and Epic Inspiration, but he's going to keep Epic Inspiration so his bonuses go up by +1.

Since Divine Bard sort of makes Words of Creation redundant, is there something we might be able to work on so he'd have a reason to use WoC with his songs after this? Doesn't have to be now, just a question.

-Need to add Divine Aura
-Choosing Fire and Sonic for divine immunities

He will also take Divine Blast and Extra Domain (Inspiration) and leave two SDA slots.

So at this point, he needs to pick 3 new epic feats, which I will get back to.

Avatar and Divine Realm stuff can be handled IC, I assume.

Nephrite

Nagging Questions from the last few days:

1) Does Epic Inspiration apply to all bardic music? Such as Inspire Spellpower and Inspire Excellence?

2) Do all Singer of the Celestial Choir abilities natively use Words of Creation for all of its bardic musics? I think so, but just want to make sure.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on January 02, 2020, 09:53:58 AM
Nagging Questions from the last few days:

1) Does Epic Inspiration apply to all bardic music? Such as Inspire Spellpower and Inspire Excellence?

Generally it applies to anything similar enough to bardic music - usually bardic music feats are close enough to apply, assuming they have a morale, competence or dodge bonus to improve. This includes Inspire Excellence. It does not cover Inspire Spellpower, which does not have one of those bonus types to increase.

Quote2) Do all Singer of the Celestial Choir abilities natively use Words of Creation for all of its bardic musics? I think so, but just want to make sure.

Yes, the description for Celestia Music notes that these songs weave the Words of Creation into them.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Sounds good. Here's something I've been thinking of since I find myself with several epic feats to take now.

Epic Inspire Spellpower
Prerequisites: Inspire Spellpower, five bardic musics known

Benefit:

When you use Inspire Spellpower, the effected allies' caster level increases by 2 instead of 1, and they may add your charisma modifier to the damage of their spells, if their spells do damage.

I was thinking of making it add charisma for overcoming SR instead of that, but that's technically covered by a marshal aura and I didn't want to step on that class.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on January 02, 2020, 10:50:18 AM
Sounds good. Here's something I've been thinking of since I find myself with several epic feats to take now.

Epic Inspire Spellpower
Prerequisites: Inspire Spellpower, five bardic musics known

Benefit:

When you use Inspire Spellpower, the effected allies' caster level increases by 2 instead of 1, and they may add your charisma modifier to the damage of their spells, if their spells do damage.

I was thinking of making it add charisma for overcoming SR instead of that, but that's technically covered by a marshal aura and I didn't want to step on that class.

Hmmm. The Charisma part feels like a separate feat or more honestly a class ability. The +1 is entirely reasonable though. How about this?

Epic Inspire Spellpower [Bardic, Epic]
Prerequisite: Inspire Spellpower
Benefit: The increase to effective caster level rises by one.
Special: You may select this feat more than once. Its benefits stack.

That's the baseline and it's fine. It's paying a lot for it, but caster level bonuses are hard to get and expensive. I'm not sure it's worth it compared to something like epic inspiration though, so maybe it does need a bit more spice. Hm.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

That was kind of my thought too. Giving it +2 (so a total of +3 levels) feels like too much, unless you also made the pre-reqs a lot higher, which I could see.

Nephrite

Please adjudicate.

HOPE IS THE ANSWER
Prerequisites: Hope Domain, Charisma 30

Moore's answer to the question of Creation is that of Hope. This is so true that being near him fills others with an unstoppable hopefulness. All creatures around Moore (but not Moore himself) he considers allies gain a +2 morale bonus to their ability scores within 100 feet plus 100 feet per divine rank. In addition, they are immune to any spell or effect that would inflict negative emotions, such as fear or the effects of symbol of hopelessness.

Offhand, it feels a little weak for a specific SDA, but I am a bad judge of these things.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on January 02, 2020, 11:47:43 AM
That was kind of my thought too. Giving it +2 (so a total of +3 levels) feels like too much, unless you also made the pre-reqs a lot higher, which I could see.

Yeah. Raw +1 doesn't feel like it quite passes the smell test, since other epic bard feats are really good. At the same time...meh.

It's just a tough spot to be sure. Maybe it unlocks access to a followup feat that does something nice as well, I don't know.
<Afina> Forever.