News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

I'd reorder it to make the damage front and center, then any secondary effect afterwards. Like if it does 20d10 damage? Great. Then you mention exhaustion or fatigue or weapon or armor melting and whatever else.

Work out how the save relates to the damage as well, since it doesn't address that, as written it's like the exhaustion is the main appeal.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Let's try again.

Zone of Primal Fire
Evocation/Transmutation (Fire)
Level: Fire 14, Sorc/Wiz 14
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 5 ft/level
Area: 5 ft/level radius burst, centered on a point in space
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Fortitude Partial
Spell Resistance: No

This spell creates an area of flames and heat drawn from Fire itself. This spell does 20d10 fire damage, then continues to do this damage every round. A successful Fortitude save halves this damage. Creatures of the water subtype receive a -10 penalty to their saving throw.

Any creatures that fail their Fortitude save are Exhausted for as long as they stay in the area and for 2d4 rounds after leaving it. Creatures that succeed on the saving throw and are not of the Fire subtype are treated as Fatigued as long as they stay in the area and for 1d3 rounds after leaving it. Creatures that enter the zone while it persists must make a Fortitude save against the damage.

Creatures immune to fire are not protected from the secondary aspects of this spell.

Anastasia

Okay, so I had a sleep on it and talked it over with someone to air my thoughts out. My thoughts on this spell come down to this.

1. I feel like there's a thematic incoherency here. You open up with a zone of fire damage, okay fine, well and good. Then you go to exhaustion and fatigue. That feels off brand here. I'd expect that out of say, heatstroke or similar. I wouldn't expect that out of something called primal fire. I'd expect horrible infernos and devastating fire damage. Then the last sentence really begs more questions: Creatures immune to fire are not immune to the secondary aspects of the spell. Why? It doesn't fit the title either, and I go away feeling there's a lot of moving parts but they don't link together properly.

2. I'd expect Reflex half for this sort of thing, though it's a bit dodgy on how the damage is done so it's hard to really comment there. I'd imagine a giant inferno fills the area or some such, but it isn't specified.

3. So, it has a range of 5ft level and a matching area. Doesn't that mean, technically, the caster has to be in the range of his own spell here?

4. To tie into the above, what exactly do you have in mind with primal fire? That begs a question unto itself.

5. I'd suggest expanding the last sentence (regardless of any other changes) to specify that what is and isn't protected from by fire immunity. One of those cases where a bit of redundant clarity helps, as there's a lot going on here.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Yeah, that's a lot of stuff I don't have the answer to. I'll revisit it some other time.

Anastasia

Fair enough.

Been there, done that with spells not quite lining up.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Amaryl has an ACF up.

I'm going to adjust the language on this one sometime later, once I get back to Amaryl. I'm going to work on Elle or Kascha instead I think, since I've stoppered super hard on Amaryl. I don't think it's her fault as much as she was the one up when I got waylaid with RL. Back of the line for her to have some cool down time since my brain just isn't interested in her right now.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Kascha
Merciful Phoenix, Mistress of the Healing Flames, The Wise Doctor
Demigoddess
Symbol: A red wing laid over a golden book
Home Plane: The Cauldron
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Portfolio: Healing, restoration, arcane knowledge, study, dragon lore
Worshipers: Healers, sages, phoenixes, paladins of freedom
Cleric Alignments: CG, CN, NG
Domains: Chaos, Good, Healing, Knowledge, Magic, Renewal
Favored Weapon: Resurgent Flames (Greatsword)

Kascha is the guardian of those who see knowledge as the tonic to cure the illnesses of Creation. This calls on those who are wise and learned to tend to the sicknesses of others, from the physical, to the mental and spiritual. They are bastions of knowledge, wisdom and kindness that improve the world around them. In particular they believe magic is Kascha's chosen tool to improve Creation, and as such, magic is held in the highest regard in the faith. Indeed, virtually anyone who honors Kascha knows at least a few cantrips.

Kaschans and Kascha herself hold dragons, and metallic dragons in particular, to be potential paragons of wisdom. From a dragon's mouth comes secrets and knowledge that can change the world for the better, if one can manage to hear them. Relations with friendly dragons are prioritized and seen as a noble mission for any Kaschan. It is said those who win the friendship of a dragon earn Kascha's favor, for the secrets a dragon can give are monumental.

As far as it goes, Kascha is not an overly communicative deity. She prefers to lay out her lessons and allow her faithful to work with a minimum of interruption. She has little use for direct messages except when necessary, she prefers an avatar or personal meeting should such matters be required. Independence to learn is vital in her eyes, and Kascha is said to be wary of interference with that mission. Instead she offers healing and succor when needed, so that her faithful can continue to learn and thus lead to the renewal of others through them. After all, should Kascha do too much, her faithful will not grow.

Clothing amid Kascha's faith varies but tends towards reds and golds, particularly vibrant shades of red. The color rather than the type of clothing is seen as important, as it mimics the red of Kascha's feathers in phoenix form, and the gold is said to be the color of her wise heart. In particular, suits of red and gold dragonscale armor are highly favored. Naturally, this means scales given freely from a dragon and not taken from the body of a slain wyrm, save for times a red dragon attacks the faith and leaves no other choice. Indeed, to attack a dragon without good cause is seen as a grave sin in the faith, and risks being cast out for heresy and the destruction of draconic knowledge.

Holidays in the Kaschan faith are still in flux. However, two emergent holidays stand out. The first is the Day of the Firewing, a ceremony held in late autumn. Often the winter is a brutal time for mortals in Creation, where the lands are asleep, cold numbs the body and darkness blackens the soul. It is a day of study and prayer, for wisdom learned to aid the Kaschans this winter so that they can help others through it. They pray for the fiery wings of Kascha to warm their hearts and bodies, so that their minds can work uninterrupted. Often on this day Kaschans commission or begin magical items that will aid them in this and future winters, for such efforts on this day are seen as blessed.

The second holiday is Dragonday, a holiday borrowed and translated from the faith of Io and most other draconic deities. Held in early summer, it is held this is the anniversary of the day Io created dragonkind. It is celebrated to honor the worthy dragons Kaschans look to for wisdom. Should a Kaschan have a friendship with a dragon, they aim to spend the day with them and aid the dragon should they need it.

History/Relationships

Kascha's mortal life is generally unknown, save that she returned from death and was reborn through the will of Seira Aryn. The details of it are hazy in legend and are said to be in the far past, in a land forgotten and abandoned due to disaster. Her deeds since that time are well known, both in the service of the Cauldron as well as part of the Aurora. Her heroism as a member is known well, one of the legendary figures that saw to the overthrow of Hell on Lifasa. In particular her skill as a mage is highly spoken of, one of the archmages integral to Aurora's triumph.

Since Kascha's apotheosis, her main allies have been the Cauldron's other deities, as is only natural. Beyond that pantheon, her main ally is Queen Morwel of the Court of Stars. It is said that Kascha knows the Queen well. The details of this are not clear, but the two share a strong relationship of respect and trust. Little else is known of it, though recent planar scholars suggest Kascha may have been a potential consort for Queen Morwel, or otherwise lost out to Lady Gwynharwyf. This is completely unsubstantiated by any facts, but the idea has gained some traction nonetheless. Others speculate that Kascha was created by Queen Morwel or is even her descendant, though again no evidence supports such claims. Perhaps this is merely a product of Queen Morwel's mystique and mysticism rather than any doing of Kascha's, as Kascha's own nature seems ill suited for such games.

Currently, Kascha has relatively few true enemies as a newly risen deity. Like any member of Aurora, she can count on Hell as an enemy, as well as any of the Cauldron's enemies. Of special note is that there have been a few signs of potential hostility between Graz'zt and Kascha. The reasons why aren't entirely clear, though most point to her participation in the destruction of Demon Lord Athux, a son of Graz'zt. It is unknown how serious this grudge is, or if it even is one at all. It is possible that it is nothing more than coincidence, as the ways of demons can be capricious.

Finally, while nothing has happened here as of yet, the Stoics of Mephistopheles are a natural opposite of Kascha's faithful. A few observers of planar events have already suggested difficulties here are inevitable, but as of yet nothing has occurred.

Dogma

Wisdom is the best medicine. Knowledge is the potion to which the world can be healed, one dose at a time. Renewal comes through learning and magic enables all learning to be mighty. Do not abandon your heart to knowledge, for a warm and compassionate heart heals yourself. Respect dragons and learn from them, save those that attack you without cause or that prey on others. Be quick to forgive and quicker to teach. Gentleness is not weakness, for a healer's hand should be as soft as a mother's. Strive to both help the world and learn something new each day.

Clergy and Temples

A typical Kaschan temple is not yet established, as Kascha's faith is new. However, early plans suggest large temples painted red and with repositories of lore within. The exact clergy and structure is also still in development, but as of now it looks to be an unusually strict hierarchy for a chaotic faith. The structure appears to be based around strong foundations in cities that spread out into the land beyond, with chapters and chapels in the countryside tended to by a cleric.

The Gospel of Life are Kascha's holy books - a collection of fourteen books, a comprehensive collection of lore and philosophy for the faith. It is not for the mentally feeble or incurious, and it is mostly intended for the clergy to read and preach in distilled form to the laity. The lessons within take a good deal of knowledge to fully appreciate and wisdom to properly interpret, it is not intended for beginners. Nonetheless, a person who is able and willing to devote themselves to it will eventually find what they need within the tome to understand it, as the breadth of material covered is comprehensive.

Preferred Classes

Common classes amid the Kaschans are wizards, sorcerers, bards (bardic sages in particular), factotums and clerics. Most any class that offers three or more knowledge skills has some representation amid the faith. A band of fighters known as the Wise Wings have also entered her service, who treasure lore as much as the oldest and wisest archmage there is. As of yet no barbarians or similar classes have found their way to Kascha's service, as they are largely incompatible with her lessons.

Prestige classes favored by Kaschans include loremaster, wyrm wizard and archmage.

Preferred Symbols

The most common symbols of Kascha are red feathers and red birds in particular, phoenixes, cardinals, red diamonds and red gold. Flames are often considered a symbol of Kascha as well, but not one she routinely favors. Cardinals are said to be seen when Kascha approves of a Kaschan's deeds, and to that end, an effort to domesticate and breed cardinals has begun in the faith. Ambitious plans suggest magically augmented cardinals being used as messengers and watchers in the faith, though as of yet such plans have not gone past the preliminaries. Coins of red gold and stamped with a phoenix on them are sometimes found in the coin bags of Kaschans, said to be a warning of financial sacrifice, loss or ruin. One is seen as noble and tow are seen as personal setbacks, so when this happens, as Kaschan devotes themselves to discern what may come.

Wise Wings

Fighters who have the soul of a scholar may find themselves in Kascha's service.

To take a wise wing substitution level, a character must worship Kascha and be about to take his 4th, 6th or 10th level of fighter.

Hit Die

d8

Class Skills

Wise wings have the same class skills as a standard fighter, plus Knowledge (all skills, taken individually).

Skill Points per Level

4 + Intelligence modifier.

4th: Lose Bonus Feat, gain Knowledge Devotion
6th: Lose Bonus Feat, gain Lore
10th: Lose Bonus Feat, gain Phoenix's Mercy

Knowledge Devotion

A 4th level a wise wing gains knowledge devotion as a bonus feat. If she already possesses this feat, she may choose another instead.

Lore (Ex)

A wise wing is a repository of knowledge and lore gained from hundreds of battles. She knows something about almost everything, something that lets her pull nuggets of knowledge out when needed most. This is identical to a bard's bardic knowledge ability, except that the wise wing uses her fighter level in place of her bard level.

Phoenix's Mercy (Sp)

All of the lore a wise wing learns teaches them many things, including Kascha's lessons of healing. Once per day at 10th level, the wise wing may bestow a vigor spell with a touch. The caster level equals the wise wing's hit dice.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, heads up. Tonight, once I get as much of these as I'm going to get done before we resume tomorrow, I'm going to start final edits on finished writeups. Any comments, corrections or suggestions should be posted by them. I do appreciate them, so by all means post away if you have anything.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, I'm not going to get Elle and Amaryl until the weekend or so, I need a bit of mental recharge time on these.

For now, could you link me to your finished drafts, Moore and Alyssa?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Looking at the below, you probably meant the whole thing:

Moore
Duke of Songs, Song of Hope, He Who Brings Hope
Demigod
Symbol: An open hand palm up, holding a shining ball of light
Home Plane: Hope's Landing
Alignment: Neutral Good
Portfolio: Hope, inspiration, friendship, bonds, music
Worshipers: Clerics, bards, entertainers, poets, factotums
Cleric Alignments: LG, NG, CG
Domains: Good, Inspiration, Hope
Favored Weapon: Refrain (Rapier)

Spoiler: ShowHide
Moore's one goal in Creation is to rid the world of hopelessness. The idea of not having the power, courage or wisdom to overcome something is anathema to him. His teachings provide comfort to those who need it and make every effort to empower those followers with the knowledge and ability to go into the world and do good there.

His followers know they can rely on him to support them in times of need, but also know that sometimes he may be silent if they need to find their own path to hope without him. He trusts every one of them to be able to not lose themselves in their own struggles.

To that end, Moore encourages those of his faith to go out into the world and find people to help. For those who may not feel they can do much in the world, or who have more of an entrepreneurial spirit than one of adventure, he encourages them to bring hope to a community through support, with things like jobs or even donations to local charities. There are many ways to bring hope and inspiration, and it doesn't have to be through song and poetry alone.

The most important mindset Moore wants for his followers is one of devotion to themselves and people around them. It's impossible to support others if your support for yourself is lacking. The common saying of taking care of yourself first before taking care of others rings true in his faith.

There's no requirement of taking vows of poverty, people are free to choose their own ways of life, as long as their actions bring hope to others. While he would prefer people follow the law in their actions, he understands that sometimes people must take a difference stance. If their path is one that is not evil, he will generally approve of their lifestyle.

History/Relationships

Not much is known about Moore prior to his ascension. Some say that those who know the truth simply say they see a "sea of light" and nothing else. Regardless, on the scale of Creation, Moore is a young deity who has quickly become the friend and enemy of many.

History first records his name as part of Aurora, a group of planar warriors that fight evil. He showed up rather unexpectedly one day, apparently sent by Celestia to offer aid to them. He quickly became a staunch defender of their values and was able to make quick friends and allies of their membership.

Time and time again he took to the battlefield in support of Aurora and their cause, singing and heralding their own victories against Hell, most notably in Benfal and Lifasa. He will be one of the saviors of Lifasa even long after that victory is a distant memory.

Some time after his victory in Lifasa, he established a small outpost known as Hope's Landing on Lunia. Over time, it has grown into a thriving community. It currently boasts as a rather booming trade nexus that is attracting attention from across Creation due to its investment in its people, it exists to profit the people as well as for

While he is extremely friendly to the powers of Celestia, he's also made several diplomatic efforts with the likes of Brightwater's powers and seems to have a good rapport with Crystalle of Mineral. He stands firmly against the machinations of Hell, as well as those of Shar; it's said that his songs and words have the power to negate even Oblivion itself.

While he is strongly tied to Celestia, he does not require that anyone follow the Holy Mountain's path, believing that those who pursue a path of hope and inspiration in others are already fulfilling the greatest virtues of Chronias. So far, no one has taken exception to Moore not following the usual tenets of lawfulness that make up the Holy Mountain, though Moore himself has been seen traveling the Mountain from time to time.

Dogma

Moore believes in hope above all else. To offer others around you hope, inspiration and help when they need it; especially when they don't know they need it. Hope for a better tomorrow, hope to continue even in the face of hopelessness, the hope to never give up on anyone.

His writings support the idea that hope is a tangible thing, even though one cannot see it, they can feel it, just like any other emotion. He supports any endeavor to save others, be it through a financial or even spiritual means. These continued efforts to always be of inspiration to those around you are what his faith embodies.

Clergy and Temples

Moore believes that anyone can inspire hope in others and does not discriminate when there is interest in his faith. He believes that a single act of bringing hope and inspiration to another can have a cascading effect and encourages his followers to always be on the lookout for those in need.

The day of Moore's ascension is the only current holy day his followers have. That day is marked as one of true hopefulness, one which lands in the first week of Spring. All followers are to go out and meet someone new and share their stories. The goal isn't to convert anyone to his faith, but simply to make Creation slightly better that day, so tomorrow can be brighter.

The temples themselves are always rather sparse in terms of furnishings, but they are comfortable and welcoming to all. He ensures that any location of worship has what it needs, be it food, warm beds or otherwise. The goal of any of his holy sites is for anyone to feel like they've just come home, no matter whether it be a temple in their hometown or on a distant and different plane.

Those that take it upon themselves to be followers of his faith find that it is easier to supply themselves with what they need as well, so they can provide it to others.

Not all his places of worship are necessarily temples. Some of them may be local eateries, theaters, any place where people are free to gather and be unburdened for a time. Even some people's
homes have his symbol on their doors, so that those in the neighborhood always know who they can rely on for help.

His followers don't necessarily wear any clothing that marks them as such, but there's something about all of them that simply attracts people. However, those that choose to wear his holy symbol always wear it proudly and openly, so that those in search of them can be easily found.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa Songsteel
Queen of the Horizon, The Scholar of the Forge
Demigoddess
Symbol: A book behind a curved horizon.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Home Plane: Alyssum Royal Academy
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Portfolio: Knowledge, Exploration, Potential
Worshipers: Explorers, Wanderers, Students, Mentors, Settlers, Cartographers
Cleric Alignments: CN, CG,
Domains: Magic, Knowledge, Travel, Forge
Favored Weapon: Unarmed Strike

Alyssa Songsteel's faithful are those who hold wanderlust and a thirst for the unknown and yet to be discovered deep in their hearts. She encourages those that worship her to search out the hidden and forgotten gems of the world; whether those gems be beautiful vistas, lost stories and knowledge, or the simple joy of discovery. Those who hoard knowledge to themselves, however, will find no warmth from her - to have knowledge and discover things and not share it for the betterment for all is the antithesis of her nature.

Like her patron Shaundakul, Alyssa venerates the spreading of the hidden places and knowledge of the Planes. She views it as a personal mission for herself and her followers to spread knowledge and share these hidden places through education and guiding the settlers and wanderers of the Planes to make their homes. She views teaching others and nurturing growth with reverence, and looks favorably on the passing of knowledge and crafting to others.

Because of her own accomplishments as a mortal, Alyssa views the building of communities favorably. Any who wish to build a life and town with their own hands will find an ally in her. She encourages all settlers develop their homes and villages to include nature instead of pushing it aside. She sponsors the inclusion of Druids and Rangers into these settlements and guides her followers to hold faith with them. After all, Druids and Rangers are the stewards of Nature, and Nature has given us all the places to find and explore.

Because of her own ability to forge and tailor, the faithful of Alyssa are encouraged to dress in simple designs, but of high quality. She favors the noble colors of purple, gold, and red. For those who journey frequently, she prefers utility over form, but encourages having a small piece of quality clothing or accessory, preferably made by their own hands, like a belt buckle, bracelet, a scarf, or handkerchief.

History/Relationships

Alyssa is a newly ascended mortal, brought into divinity by need, to help in the fight against Shar. Her mortal life was not so unusual until she solved a Labyrinth made by Io as a test by her guild. Completing the Labyrinth granted her the inheritance of a portion of Io's power, elevating her to something with more potential than most mortals. After intense study, she was targeted by Shar and withdrew from her home plane of Arythma to gather allies and strike against her. Guided by Shaundakul, she made her new home on a demi-plane in the Gates of the Moon, where she came fully into divinity.

Shaundakul is her primary ally among the Gods, but she also has close ties to The Red Knight; one of her higher ranking servants, Jarem Aruwood, even serving as the Captain of her guards and armies for a time as they fought against Shar, and he himself gaining Divinity as they traveled and fought together. Combined with Emily Aryn, daughter of Seira Aryn, as part of her closest advisors and friends, and Bastian who has newly found Divinity as well, Alyssa has an unusual number of ties to Gods for such a newly risen demigoddess.

Alyssa opposes oppression and the lack of freedom in all forms, and advocates in the freedom of choice; even if that choice might lead someone to evil. She opposes evil as a practical measure; most evil beings' ambitions tend to rob others of their freedoms and tend towards the destruction of knowledge and places. Alyssa holds freedom high and acknowledges that it includes the freedom to choose evil. However, once that choice comes into conflict with the spreading and discovery of places and knowledge, her tolerance for it ends.

Alyssa is in direct conflict with Shar, as Shar targeted her as a mortal. Now that Alyssa has ascended, that conflict has only grown in intensity. As Alyssa struck down Sharran cabals, her anger at the follower's of Shar's behavior expanded, and now she stands in conflict with anyone who encourages slavery or the razing of communities.

Dogma

Never stop reaching beyond the horizon. Always find the next place, the next story, the next bit of knowledge. Never forget to record and share where you've been and what you've seen to inspire others to find their own paths beyond the horizon. Teach all who thirst for knowledge, and respect the land and places you go. She encourages everyone who follows her to become a mentor or a student to another, even if only for a few hours to teach, or learn, a trick or two. While she encourages generosity to others, her belief in helping others is to educate them to help themselves, and to teach them how to have the right expectations of themselves.

Clergy and Temples

Clerics of Alyssa are tasked with providing inspiration, guidance, and education everywhere they go. They are called upon to protect the freedoms of those who call for aid. They are meant to help guide and give respite to the wanders, seekers, and settlers of the world. Alyssa's temples are meant to serve as places of learning, not only for knowledge and dogma, but for skill and ability. They often resemble school houses more than temples, and contain libraries that are open to all. For those who come and learn and hone skills, the clerics will always offer to guide them to the next step of learning and skill, maintaining a network of scholars and craftsmen in their regions. Many of them are scholars themselves, often serving as teachers or professors in their own right.

Alyssa holds close faith with Shaundakul, and venerates both him and the Red Knight as a mentors and allies. As such, she expects that when her clerics and followers meet those of Shaundakul's faith that they not compete with each other, or come into conflict. She expects them to work together to map out and spread the knowledge they each have discovered. Shaundakul's faithful, along with those of the Red Knight, are expected to be offered hearth and home when found in need. The same expectation is placed when her faithful meet a Druid or Ranger in need, as she holds a Divine Grove dedicated to a fallen Druid who was a dear friend to her. Druids and Rangers might even find themselves wandering into this Grove.

---

Bonus Material

Preferred Classes
Wizards and Factotums are the most common class for followers of Alyssa. Though scholars of any kind are easily found, to include Scholar-Monks who gather knowledge, and Bards who collect and record stories.

Common prestige classes for her followers are Horizon Walker, Mage of the Arcane Order, Loremaster, and Archmages.

Preferred Symbols

Alyssa prefers favorite books of any kind as a symbol, but does appreciate denoting these from others by wrapping in a good quality cloth cover of her favored colors. If one cannot pick a single favorite book, a cloth bookmark with her symbol embroidered on it is fully acceptable. Clerics of Alyssa pray for spells at Dusk.

Supplementary Material

Initiate of Alyssa
Prerequisite: Paladin or cleric level 5th, patron deity Alyssa
Benefit: You gain the Knowledge Devotion feat as a bonus feat. In addition, you add the following spells to your spell list.

1st: Locate City
3rd: Arcane Sight
4th: Dimension Door
7th: Legend Lore
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

If I've missed any posts anywhere, now's the time to post and link me to them. Thanks.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira Aryn of House Aryn
The Dragon Princess, The Golden Flame, Mistress of the Cauldron, The Liberator
Lesser Deity
Symbol: A triangular shield with a golden dragon emblazoned upon it
Home Plane: The Cauldron (Cauldron Prime on Shurrock)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Portfolio: Good, abolitionism, countering death, elemental balance, magical research, investment, the future
Worshipers: Mages, knights, adventurers, unarmed fighters, dragons seeking enlightenment, nonevil elementals, idealists
Cleric Alignments: LG, NG, CG
Domains: Hope, Knowledge, War, Good, Fire, Time, Dragon
Favored Weapon: Dragon's Grace (short sword), monks following Seira may flurry with her favorite weapon

Seira is a young deity in any meaning of the term, as is her faith. First and foremost, she stands for change. Seira strongly believes that evil can not only be beaten back, but wiped out altogether as had happened in the final battle for Androlynne. It was not the only case where Seira had witnessed the world change for the better with the power of unity, friendship and effort, and she tries to share that hope for a better future with the rest of Creation. Among her other interests is the pursuit of knowledge, and Seira especially appreciates kindred souls that seek as complete a mastery of their knowledge as possible. After all, knowledge is power.

Seira supports all those who wish to build a better world with her, treating every person who chooses to follow her as a precious ally. She appeals to all mortals regardless of race or birth to forge a strong, exalted society by coming together in the world they live in. Seira doesn't require sacrifices or offerings, nor is she seeking out ritual prayer. Instead, she places high value on the pursuit of education, and on chasing down every bit of relevant information before making an informed choice as it is one she believes will always tilt towards Good. The balance between what is lawful and what is right, between the state and the individual, between free will and the potential to cause harm to others. These and many other dilemmas have no easy answer by definition, and they are the matters Seira wishes those following her path to consider. With education and guidance from her ministers, and the strength of will on the part of her knights, Seira wishes to be the light of hope leading towards an ideal, pure world for mortal-kind to live in.

For those beyond mortal-kind, Seira offers paths to enlightenment that emphasize cooperation. Elementals are guided towards a better understanding of other elements, and through that, of their own nature. They are encouraged to learn, and through this draw long-term goals for themselves. Dragons, on the other hand, are offered the prismatic path on their way to seeking perfection, in the course of which they are shown the superiority of Seira's teachings over Tiamat and Bahamut's way as they are helped further along the path bidden to all dragons by Io. Celestials drawn to her cause do so because they wish to see Creation free of slavery and when they wish for more action that changes Creation's status-quo for the better.

Typical worshipers would not offer prayers to Seira in the hope of her direct assistance; a true follower is none other than a fellow traveler of Seira's, sharing in her ideas and ideals. They are nomadic. The large cities are where yet another deity preaching openness, education and coexistence is hardly needed. The places where they can do the most good are smaller communities that don't have the luxury to build temples, the lengthy roads so often dangerous to travel without an armed escort, the hotspots desperately in need of salvation. Those who do choose the city life end up being very involved in the running of a transportation network on their world that boosts travel and trade while ensuring the swift delivery of aid and relief during difficult times, or in public works that seek to educate the populace through the creation of libraries and school, or eliminate hunger via magical advances.

Seira wishes to honor the days where change was brought into the world for the better. The laying of the cornerstone for the portal network, the erection of the Balmuria Spellpool, the day her project for the reclamaton of the Wastes was started on the ground, the establishment of a Mythal-guarded modern city on that land. In recent years, the days when Benfal and Lifasa were saved joined the holy occasions of her faith, along with the God-King's judgement, the day the Abolition War on the Inner Planes started and the restoration of the gnomish pantheon on Bytopia. Such days would be what Seira would suggest that her faithful honor, for they represent auspicious beginnings and reflect her hope for the future of the world.

History/Relationships:

Hailing from the elven empire of Pallanth, Seira made her way to the human world at a young age, eventually ending up in the barony of Balmuria. First training and then joining the ranks of the Crimson Guard, Seira protected her adoptive land, strived towards a lasting peace between the United Baronies and their neighbors and worked to spread Waukeen's faith. On her world of birth, her noted accomplishments in the diplomatic field included bringing Pallanth out of its self-imposed isolation and promoting peace and unity where once mistrust and war ruled. In the field of knowledge and magic, Seira has opened the first magical academy her world had seen in over two thousand years, working throughout the known world to allow those with the talent for magic or the wish to learn it to attend it without discrimination. Devoted to Waukeen's ideals, Seira had established and financed temples to Waukeen throughout the lands, and later connected them through a two-way portal network. Seira has also negotiated a treaty allowing Waukeen and herself to operate in elven lands, and has successfully discharged Waukeen's commandment to publish a new scripture realigning her closer to Good on the cosmic scale.

After the Golden Lady's paradigm shift, their destiny had been more entwined than ever, to a degree that Seira views Waukeen as a close and dear mentor. Waukeen had officiated Seira's marriage with Amaryl, and is a beloved aunt for Seira's daughters. Lliira and the rest of the powers of Brightwater form a natural fount of allies as well. Seira's greatest friend amongst the deities is Alicia Reynes. She and Demedais are considered close family to Seira. Their respective patrons, Mystra and Helm, are likewise seen in good regard. Sylica's pantheon are likewise so close they may well be family.

Other close allies are Queen Morwel and the Court of the Stars and the Seldarine, where Hanali Celanil is counted as a true friend. Seira also remains a natural ally to Celestia and its resident powers such as the House of the Triad, albeit due to an unforgiveable offense Bahamut is the sole exception to this. Lathander is another true friend, and Seira is very favorable to Selune and Empress Sulia. There is a great deal of mutual respect between Seira and Kossuth, which translates to favorable relations and Seira being free to act on Fire as a native would.

A close alliance exists between the princes and princesses of elemental good and Seira, embodied by their desire to see their mutual enemies destroyed. More recently, they worked together to abolish slavery across the Inner Planes, pushing the efreet, the dao and Imix back and cementing this alliance further with positive goals that push it beyond a mere mutual-defense pact between friendly powers. Seira has shared her divine powers over her realm of the Cauldron with Amaryl Gaial-Aryn upon their wedding day. Since then the Cauldron has become the divine realm of their pantheon, which consists of Sanzha, Kascha, Donald, Elle and Ranbar.

Chief amongst Seira's enemies from deities advancing Evil and suffering are Shar, Pale Night and Asmodeus, with Imix, Lixer and Bel trailing them quite a distance behind.

Dogma:

Seek to estabish a just utopia for all. A healthy mind in a healthy body, a happy society from a healthy economy. Earn money honestly and use some of that wealth to support the less fortunate to open new opportunities before them and raise the standard of living throughout the land. Encourage trade, as it leads to getting one's neighbors better and thus creates stronger ties between people, preventing xenophobia and isolation. Unity and cooperation are important, compromise should be sought out first and foremost. The only exception is when it means compromising one's principles, for one must be vigilant against Evil and its servants and seek to stop it where it is encountered. Mortals can still be saved by showing them a better path, so no mortal should be considered beyond reach. Never remain content with your understanding of Creation, and constantly seek knowledge to further educate yourself. Share it with others, as that will improve their lives and might even save them.

Clergy and Temples:

Seira has established the Order of the Golden Flame in the year 401 DK on her world of birth. Gradually being restricted from direct interference in mortal affairs due to her Ascension, Seira made a contract with her erstwhile comrade, Hellman Oberuth. In him, she entrusted the completion of her mission, and with him she shared her will, sponsoring him as her Knight in that confrontation she was now barred from affecting directly. Hellman was the first of her Order, a group of like-minded individuals who would rise up against injustice, seeking to purify the world and abolish evil from the universe even after Hellman has left the Prime Material behind. The Church of the Golden Flame adds ministers to assist the knights, and to spread their shared ideals across to the people of the world, to guide them and educate those they can, to bring about greater harmony amongst all people and help turn the world into the pure vision the knights fight so valiantly for.

In the year 420 DK, the clergy underwent a restructuring. From the sole temple explicitly dedicated to Seira, the Temple of the Golden Flame, found on the lower levels of the divine realm of the Cauldron, Seira bid her mortal servants to expand. Fresh temples are constructed in the population hubs, connected via a magical portal network and seeking to provide transportation services, boost trade and facilitate the spread of knowledge and information. Other servants construct libraries, where information gathered by Seira's apprentice Abagail about the Prime and its wonders is shared. Others still establish magical wonders in a plot to eliminate global hunger.

Much of the clergy, however, still operates the Order of the Golden Flame as it travels the countryside and aids the smaller communities where it can, regardless of how remote they are. Waukeen shares her temples with the Order of the Golden Flame due to the close link between Seira and Waukeen, just as the Order ensures the safety of the roads for Waukeen's caravans and any travelers besieged by banditry or monsters. This close cooperation remains even through the restructuring.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Okay, topic is up and populated. ToC is by realm alphabetical order, deities themselves are in order of posting.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.