News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Jessica reaches level 36.

- Rogue 36 and Perfect Wight 15.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 18 hit points and a grand total of 689 hit points.
- BAB+1 for a total of 29.
- +1 spell resistance.
- Gains another daily round of the travel domain granted power.
- +1 CL of SLAs.
- No change to saves.
- +1 dex for a total of 45.
- Skills go up as normal.
- New feats are Toughness(36), Improved Sneak Attack(PW15), Improved Sneak Attack(R36).
- Spoiler block updated.

Pretty routine level for her. Divine block next.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Jessica's divine block is done. Whew.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Syala reaches level 36.

- Astral Deva 36 and Druid 36.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 20 hit points and a grand total of 720 hit points.
- Fixed Syala's natural armor bonus for divinity, which was one too low.
- +1 BAB for a total of 36.
- Stun DC rises by 1 to 52.
- +1 spell resistance.
- Gains another daily use of rage.
- Movement speed bonus rises by 10ft.
- +1 CL of SLAs.
- 36th level druid casting. This is mainly 2 15th level spells per day. She's going to go homebrew here, so I'll come back to this after the rest of this is done. Expect it in the next post. If tomorrow I've posted but haven't posted those, feel free to nag me about it.
- No change to saves.
- Audible called: +1 strength for a total of 40. SYALA SMASH.
- Syala's neat feats are Pulverize(36) and Improved Favored Enemy(D36). Syala continues to smash.
- Spoiler block updated.

Solid level. Spells in the next post.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

This is first drafty, not sure if I'll go through with it. Any comments?

Syala's Radiant Restoration
Conjuration (Healing) [Light]
Level: Drd 15
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Short (25ft + 5ft 2/levels)
Effect: Aura of light
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This spell creates an aura of pure white light that sheds light in a 10ft radius. This aura surrounds a living creature that you choose within range. Each round at the end of your turn, the living creature surrounded heals 10 hit points per caster level (maximum 400 hit points). You may have the light move to a different living creature in range as a free action on your turn.

The aura of light is impervious to most forms of damage, but it may be dispelled. Negative energy damage equal or higher to the amount this spell heals per round dispels it automatically. The aura of light may be targeted by such attacks as if it were a living creature and has an armor class of 10 + your caster level.

This light does not impair the vision of the creature surrounded by it, nor does it hinder them in any way. The aura's size matches whatever creature it surrounds.

As of now, this spell is only known to Syala.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Reposting.

Celestia's Inspiration
Enchantment/Transmutation (Compulsion) [Good, Mind-Affecting, Sonic]
Brd 11
Components: V
Range: 200 ft
Targets: All allies within 200ft
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

When you cast this spell, you channel the barest fragment of the inspiration one can find within Mount Celestia into yourself and your allies. Anyone affected by this spell is treated as being affected by Haste and Freedom of Movement, has fast healing 7, and they also gain a +7 bonus to attack and weapon damage rolls. Their weapons also count as Good for the purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction.

For whatever it's worth, I could also see this as a sanctified spell but would probably need to be changed a little. I also may have overshot it.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on April 21, 2020, 12:15:17 PM

This spell creates an aura of pure white light that sheds light in a 10ft radius. This aura surrounds a living creature that you choose within range. Each round at the end of your turn, the living creature surrounded heals 10 hit points per caster level (maximum 400 hit points). You may have the light move to a different living creature in range as a free action on your turn.

The aura of light is impervious to most forms of damage, but it may be dispelled. Negative energy damage equal or higher to the amount this spell heals per round dispels it automatically. The aura of light may be targeted by such attacks as if it were a living creature and has an armor class of 10 + your caster level.

This light does not impair the vision of the creature surrounded by it, nor does it hinder them in any way. The aura's size matches whatever creature it surrounds.

I had actually been thinking about how D&D doesn't really have many strong turn-by-turn heals. This is pretty cool, though I feel like it might be a little high on the actual level requirement is? I mean, if you want to keep it at 15 I think that's fine, but maybe give it some sort of armor effect while it's active too, or something, in that case.

Iron Dragoon

TAKE 2, ACTION:

New Demiplane: Alyssum

Spoiler: ShowHide
Alyssum is a place of open fields and mountains. The fields are host to villages and farms, while the mountain ranges form a massive natural labyrinth, riddled with valleys and cave systems.

The largest city of the plane is built around the Alyssum Royal Academy.

Alyssum Traits

- Normal gravity

- Normal time

- Finite size. Alyssum is bordered on all sides by mountains.

- Divinely Morphic: Certain powerful creatures (Alyssa and node Deities for now) can alter Alyssum with a thought. Normal creatures find Alyssum as easy to alter as the Prime Material Plane.

- No elemental traits.

- Normal magic

Alyssum Links

Alyssum exists within the Gates of the Moon and is linked to it.

Alyssum Inhabitants

Alyssum is home to wanderers and settlers of all races, as long as they pursue knowledge in good faith (and not to hide or hoard it). The flora and fauna of all types that fit the terrain exist in Alyssum. Alyssum openly welcomes Druids of all kinds and with them come a variety of life.

Movement and Combat

Movement on Alyssum is the same as on the Prime Material Plane, as is combat.

Features of Alyssum

Alyssum Royal Academy

A sprawling campus, focused not only on magical learning, but education and trade skill of all types, centered around a massive library. The library is a massive spire, with the higher levels dedicated to the discovery of knowledge and revelation of secrets. Alyssa's personal quarters sit at the top the of the spire.

Labyrinth Mountains

The mountains are especially eye-catching as many of the ridges and spires are angled, or outright bent, to create a sort of natural canopy, making surveying from the air extremely difficult. Exploration of this labyrinth can only be done by foot in many places. Many of the hidden valleys are idyllic: wide and deep bowls, flowing rivers and natural springs, soil rich with nutrients, and oftentimes with large sections of evergreen trees. In an odd trait of the plane, once such a valley is found and settled, to include a school, the ridges and peaks that hid it from above are often found to bend away, opening them being seen and approached from the air.

Ianvasah's Grove

Ianvasah's Grove is both a memorial and refuge for all Druids, established to honor a fallen friend and blessed by Selune and Alyssa. It's a place of pure nature and a gathering place for Druids to establish connections between each other and exchange knowledge and ideas. It's open to any who wish to visit and are willing to respect the rules of the Druids who reside there.

Notable People of Alyssum

Alyssa Songsteel: Queen

Alyssa is the unopposed ruler of Alyssum. Her touch on the daily lives of those who call Alyssum home is light, as long none tread over her tenets. She favors a hands-off approach to rulership and imposes few laws or rules, but those that exist are iron-clad and enforced with her full might. She is new to divinity and her realm is likewise new. She encourages the exploration and settlement of it as a means to expand it.

Jarem Aruwood

A newly ascended deity, Jarem currently leads the combined armies of Alyssum. A worshiper of The Red Knight before his ascension, Jarem was assigned by The Red Knight to assist Alyssa and protect her once it was revealed that she was being targeted by Shar.

Emily Aryn

Another newly ascended deity, Emily is the daughter of two Goddesses. She is the righteous wrath of Alyssum, often the driving force behind missions to free slaves and strike at Sharran outposts. She embodies passion for liberation and freedom, and brings energy and a sense of purpose to many missions.

Bastian

A orc follower of Shaundakul before ascension, Bastian is the quiet and steadfast anchor of the Alyssum Gods. He often hunts the shadows, and is given the task of finding and protecting the realm against dangers unseen.

Dolmaya Augurson

An immortal Empress in her own right, Dolmaya is the known Proxy of Alyssa. She often takes personal interest and control over the larger and more critical events of the plane. As Proxy, she holds full authority to settle any matter that might cross her path.

Delaize

Delaize is a mentor, friend, and adviser to Alyssa. He is often found overseeing the administrative side of Alyssum and is known to be wise and fair. And to have Alyssa's full backing, should any seek to subvert him.

Walt Songsteel

Father of Alyssa Songsteel and master blacksmith. He runs a smithy in Alyssum. While he has no official authority or placing in the administration of the plane, he is respected and Alyssa can often be found working in his forge alongside him on projects.

Alilynn Songsteel

Mother of Alyssa Songsteel and master seamstress. She runs her own tailoring shop in Alyssum. While she has no official authority or placing in the administration of the plane, she is respected and Alyssa can often be found taking tea with her. She makes the majority of Alyssa's formal wear, in an odd quirk, as Alyssa prefers to involve her in such events.

Alihana Songsteel

Sister of Alyssa Songsteel and student at the Royal Academy. Though not blessed with odd turns of fate that lead Alyssa to her current power, Alihana is now blossoming into what she should have been. While her current goals are still undecided, she is exploring her potential and talents. Though not having always seen eye to eye with Alyssa, she can often be found conspiring with her sister over things some might consider mundane. She is currently apprenticed to Dolmaya and being evaluated by her for potential.

Alyssum Encounters

Use this tables to determine random encounters within Alyssum.

d%EncounterNumber
1-20Faithful of Shaundakul1d2
21-30Faithful of Selune1d3
31-40Faithful of the Red Kngiht1d6
41-50Faithful of Jarem1d6
51-60Faithful of Emily1d4
61-70Faithful of Bastian1d2
71-75Druid1
76-80Hermit-Sage1
81-85Bralani1d2
86-90Ghaele1d2
91-95Lillend1
95-98Celestial Charger1d8
99Arcane Dragon1
100Unique Encounter*

*A Unique Encounter can be any named PC in Alyssum.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

What would grabbing the Prismatic Dragon template mean for me...
-level-wise? Do I need to retrain three levels aside from lvl36 and use it, or would it be 'in trust' like with Donald?
-BAB-wise? It would be on the side that covers BAB and saves rather than my caster side, and while the saves don't really matter in epic the BAB does.
-DR-wise? I'm not 100% sure how all the different DR interacts. My divine DR is 20/epic and adamantine, will it become DR 20/epic, adamantine weapons that are colorless?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Okay, I'm going to give this a try, keep it as a spell Syala keeps close to vest for now. It could certainly be a cleric spell not to mention a healer spell, but for now let's see how it works in use before letting it into the wild.

Does close to vest work as a saying if all you wear is light?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 21, 2020, 01:23:12 PM
Reposting.

Celestia's Inspiration
Enchantment/Transmutation (Compulsion) [Good, Mind-Affecting, Sonic]
Brd 11
Components: V
Range: 200 ft
Targets: All allies within 200ft
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

When you cast this spell, you channel the barest fragment of the inspiration one can find within Mount Celestia into yourself and your allies. Anyone affected by this spell is treated as being affected by Haste and Freedom of Movement, has fast healing 7, and they also gain a +7 bonus to attack and weapon damage rolls. Their weapons also count as Good for the purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction.

For whatever it's worth, I could also see this as a sanctified spell but would probably need to be changed a little. I also may have overshot it.

If nothing else, it being an untyped +7 bonus to attack is a thing. I'd imagine it would be morale or sacred considering the source of it.

Oh no, it's homework time! Gasp! Are there any other boosting bard spells of about 10th to 12th level that roughly compare to this?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 21, 2020, 04:35:30 PM

I had actually been thinking about how D&D doesn't really have many strong turn-by-turn heals. This is pretty cool, though I feel like it might be a little high on the actual level requirement is? I mean, if you want to keep it at 15 I think that's fine, but maybe give it some sort of armor effect while it's active too, or something, in that case.

I'm really not sure where this should settle level wise. The real draw of it is that it lets you heal without spending an action, which is very difficult to adjudicate balance wise. I'm being cautious with it on account of that, and pricing it high to see how it plays out.

Sure, there's things like the vigor line of spells, but that's a bit of fast healing. Useful but it's not powerful, combat relevant healing each round.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Iddy: I'm going to let your post settle in my head for a day or so, mull it over. Most of the changes I see there are style issues or tweaks, so the meat of it looks like it's coming along well.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 22, 2020, 05:44:19 AM
What would grabbing the Prismatic Dragon template mean for me...
-level-wise? Do I need to retrain three levels aside from lvl36 and use it, or would it be 'in trust' like with Donald?

Same as Donald.

Quote-BAB-wise? It would be on the side that covers BAB and saves rather than my caster side, and while the saves don't really matter in epic the BAB does.

I'd treat them as dragon racial hit dice, as I've done level adjustment for this game. I think this also came up for Moore at game start.

Quote-DR-wise? I'm not 100% sure how all the different DR interacts. My divine DR is 20/epic and adamantine, will it become DR 20/epic, adamantine weapons that are colorless?

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php?topic=103074.msg1052960#msg1052960

It combines is the short version. I don't have the template's DR in front of me this moment, but assuming it's 20/epic and colorless, you're correct on how it would merge.

That being said, unique DR requires some consideration so I'd want to eye scan it before signing off on it.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Eh, let's do it. It's been a while since I took a class in dragon.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Cresiel reaches level 36.

- Solar 36 and Hellreaver 25.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 27 hit points and a grand total of 990 hit points.
- +1 BAB up to 36 total.
- Smite damage rises by 1.
- Enhancement bonus to Constitution from endurance domain rises by 1.
- Protection domain's resistance bonus to a single save rises by 1.
- Regeneration rises by 1 to 21.
- +1 spell resistance.
- +1 holy fury points for 40 total.
- Furious strike's bonus to hit rises by 2 and damage rises by 1d6.
- Updated Cresiel with divine SLAs as well as spontaneous casting, plus adjusted for his new domains. He misses Valiant Fury but changes and all that.
- +1 CL SLAs.
- Gains 33rd level cleric spellcasting. This a greater divien power and two raziel's zeals. He's happy with what he has so no homebrew here, and I can't fault Cresiel for taking a Raziel spell all things considered.
- No change to saves.
- +1 Constitution. This is technically an audible since the build chart says Charisma, but he doesn't have much need of that so I think that's a typo.
- Cresiel's new feats are Divine Shield(36) and Multiaction(H25). The latter lets 33 be retrained away from Multiaction. Further, his level 18 feat is Improved Flight, which is simply no longer needed. As such he has two more feats to assign. Heavy Armor Optimization(18) is the first, which is basically +1 AC and an irrelevant other benefit since he has divine armor mastery. Mildly worthwhile now and opens up deflective armor if he ever picks up the ability to fulfill the prereqs there. The other is epic divine shield, the homebrew noted below.
- Spoiler block updated.

Solidly good level for him.

Epic Divine Shield [Epic]
Prerequisite: Blinding Speed, Divine Shield, cha 23
Benefit: You may use divine shield as a swift action.
<Afina> Forever.