Level: Brd 11
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 10ft/level
Targets: Any water source larger than one ounce; see text
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

When cast, this spell makes all water sources equal or larger to one ounce vibrate and faintly glow. This vibration emits a beautiful, ghostly song in Aquan that can be heard up to 30ft from a water source. Every creature who hears this song gains fast healing 10. Additionally, the song is disruptive towards spells that channel negative energy. Any spell or spell-like ability that inflicts negative levels, channels negative energy to injure creatures (such as an inflict light wounds spell) or raises the undead requires a Concentration check equal to the caster level of this spell + 20 to cast.

New Sanzha spell, I'll leave it up a bit for anyone to comment who wants to.

Okay, I'm going to try it as is and see how it works out.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on April 25, 2020, 10:02:30 PM

How does that affect your general outlay of bardic music, Moore?

It would let him get three bardic musics going in one turn (swift, movement (via Harmonize) and then standard) but other than that it wouldn't change anything else.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 23, 2020, 04:19:59 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 23, 2020, 03:50:12 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 23, 2020, 11:17:16 AM
How does Arcane Strike interact with Aerial Assembly? Since AAA is supposed to benefit/copy abilities?

It would depend on how liberally I read the part of AAA that reads 'Additionally, the original weapon and all copies become animated as the Dancing Blade spell, with the additional ability to gain the benefits of feats and abilities the caster might have.' Have I ruled on this before, it feels like I did? If you check and I haven't I'll make a ruling, but I swear this came up.

Better yet, show me your damage output and benefit if it does apply to all. That'll be more productive so I can see how crazy it would be.

It's come up before, but I don't recall you definitively deciding. You've been doing it case-by-case, I think. You've allowed it to copy spells I cast on my weapon before AAA was cast.

Here's a recent attack string:

Spoiler: ShowHide
ATK 1:
Rolled 2d12+57 : 3, 4 + 57, total 64

Rolled 1d8 : 2, total 2

ATK 2:
Rolled 2d12+57 : 4, 1 + 57, total 62

Rolled 1d8 : 1, total 1

ATK 3:
Rolled 2d12+57 : 6, 3 + 57, total 66

ATK 4:
Rolled 2d12+57 : 6, 9 + 57, total 72

ATK 5:
Rolled 2d12+57 : 11, 6 + 57, total 74

Rolled 1d8 : 4, total 4

ATK 6:
Rolled 2d12+57 : 5, 11 + 57, total 73

ATK 7:
Rolled 2d12+57 : 12, 1 + 57, total 70

Let's go ahead and say no for now and not open that can of worms.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 25, 2020, 10:31:18 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 25, 2020, 10:02:30 PM

How does that affect your general outlay of bardic music, Moore?

It would let him get three bardic musics going in one turn (swift, movement (via Harmonize) and then standard) but other than that it wouldn't change anything else.

Okay, and how much would that speed up the pixie death march? As in, what is a normal first turn of bardic music?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on April 22, 2020, 10:15:12 AM
Iddy: I'm going to let your post settle in my head for a day or so, mull it over. Most of the changes I see there are style issues or tweaks, so the meat of it looks like it's coming along well.

Okay, did you have any more realm tweaks, Iddy?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Assuming we were caught unaware and had to get going, he'd do something like:

Standard: Harmonize
Swift: Inspire Courage
Movement: Inspire Heroics

Then round two would be:

Standard: Inspire Greatness
Movement: Destined Strike

Without that, he'd have to move the Inspire Courage to round two if he wanted to use it.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on April 25, 2020, 10:40:54 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 22, 2020, 10:15:12 AM
Iddy: I'm going to let your post settle in my head for a day or so, mull it over. Most of the changes I see there are style issues or tweaks, so the meat of it looks like it's coming along well.

Okay, did you have any more realm tweaks, Iddy?

Not so far. Pending your feedback.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

I'd say add another location and you're pretty close to good, Iddy.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on April 25, 2020, 11:06:42 PM

To save another super long post:

The Great Library of the Royal Academy

The Great Library is one of the largest and most in-depth libraries in the planes. The Librarians, often Clerics of Alyssa, come and go freely, and even have a small sub-sect of themselves who travel on expeditions to find any all books they can to add to the library. The library itself is the spire which Alyssa resides in, on the top floor. Each higher level of the spire holds more advanced, and dangerous, knowledge. At the top levels of the spire, there's an entire floor dedicated to delving into the most dangerous knowledge in the planes, to include trying to peer into the knowledge of the Far Realm. Alyssa herself often works on this level, doing research and trying to uncover the most secret of knowledges to add to her library.

The Guildhall of Alyssum

Sitting opposite of the entrance to the Royal Academy, across a great public square and market of many fountains, sits the Guild-house of Alyssum. This is the single largest hall for tradesmen and trade apprenticeship in the planes. It's a place of open collaboration and project planning. Many skilled tradesmen gather here to find others who can teach them more, or to build a company to garner work and reputation.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Ebiris

I didn't forget this!

Alicia's goals

1. Expose corruption wherever my followers are based. When vile deeds are done under a cloak of respectability, they must be dragged into the light and those under my banner must be at the forefront doing so.
2. Create safe refuges in places like Lifasa and Balmuria where faithful can regroup if threatened by too great opposition, and neophytes can more safely train and improve themselves.
3. Put together information on wicked plots and conspiracies so that subtly guided adventuring groups can end them before they blow up into nation defining affairs or world-ending threats.

Alicia's worshippers

1. Clara Eiontir, a half elf paladin 7//swashbucker 5/knight of Sylica 2. A graceful wandering heroine and adventurer, she sometimes looks before leaping and relies on her party to cover her own shortcomings, but she's not always wise enough to see where she needs help. She travels far and wide but is currently in Pallanth.
2. Nial Cobb, a half-fiend duskblade 8//warlock 4. Actually the result of unpleasant infernal experiments during the occupation of Lifasa rather than anything in his bloodline, his camp was liberated near the end allowing him to fight in the final battles. Embittered by the experiences he nonetheless seeks to master his hellish taint and prove himself an exemplar of good. For now he fights with Aurora.
3. Ayane, a human bard 8/swiftblade 6//paladin 4/fighter 2/scout 7. A runaway princess who forswore her family name, yes I know. But since the royal family gained its power through sacrifices to the Abyss I can respect the choice. She's high up in a rebel movement on her prime of Kadur, fighting to overthrow the corrupt empire of Calradia.

Marie's goals

1. Get my name out there. Use Alicia and Mystra's existing faiths and reach to spread the word about what I offer to anyone that might be interested.
2. Make inroads on the elemental planes, do my bit to shift their balance towards Good.
3. Develop some kind of centre for my church somewhere to serve as a focal point and exemplar for future growth elsewhere.

Marie's worshippers

1. Cecily Morris, a human cleric 4//rogue 4. My first real cleric! She's a bit of a troublemaker who just pretends to be a pious holy woman but she wants to make lots of converts and build up a fantastic church for me in Evrai. She likes that she can just make it up as she goes along because she's starting my faith on the ground floor, but her ambition is commendable!
2. Lysanderoth Pike, a water genasi battle dancer 6//sorcerer 6. A martial artist developing his own style and spells based around direct damage water magic, he's not very religious and just started praying to me in hopes of getting some extra inspiration, right now he's enduring harsh training on the para-elemental plane of ice.
3. Anne Meadowvale, a human commoner 2//expert 2. She wants to take over her father's noodle stand and make meals people will come from far and wide for, but he wants her to set her sights higher and have a better life than he did. Her ambitions are humble but heartfelt... she really liked some unauthorised stories about me she heard growing up so that's how she ended up praying to me. She lives in Balmuria.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 25, 2020, 11:38:41 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 25, 2020, 11:06:42 PM

To save another super long post:

The Great Library of the Royal Academy

The Great Library is one of the largest and most in-depth libraries in the planes. The Librarians, often Clerics of Alyssa, come and go freely, and even have a small sub-sect of themselves who travel on expeditions to find any all books they can to add to the library. The library itself is the spire which Alyssa resides in, on the top floor. Each higher level of the spire holds more advanced, and dangerous, knowledge. At the top levels of the spire, there's an entire floor dedicated to delving into the most dangerous knowledge in the planes, to include trying to peer into the knowledge of the Far Realm. Alyssa herself often works on this level, doing research and trying to uncover the most secret of knowledges to add to her library.

The Guildhall of Alyssum

Sitting opposite of the entrance to the Royal Academy, across a great public square and market of many fountains, sits the Guild-house of Alyssum. This is the single largest hall for tradesmen and trade apprenticeship in the planes. It's a place of open collaboration and project planning. Many skilled tradesmen gather here to find others who can teach them more, or to build a company to garner work and reputation.

Who would be trying to peer into the Far Realm?

Beyond that it's fine.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Those all look good, Eb. I was going to nag everyone else about those today. So consider this a nag.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I still need a list of planar names we've used, but other than that here's what I have.

1. I need to focus on building a strong foundation for my clergy. Lifasa seems like a good place to start.

2. I should continue to unravel the mysteries around the Hecatoncheries.

3. I need to continue to work on spreading the word of my faith in general.

Lune, A human Paladin 2//Sorcerer 2 from the plane of Malana, who was told about Moore by a seer there. She is trying to hold out hope and better the places around her.

Genlar, A elven Bard 2//Marshal 2 from the plane of [insert], who happened to pray to Moore for some inspiration one day after a long series of being unable to find the right tune.

Nalrar, An aasimar knight 2//favored soul 2 from the plane of <something or other> who had been rather depressed and forlorn, and found Moore after having a book of scripture given to him.

Anastasia

First draft is up.

Yeah, this one's off tone compared to the others. That's merely a reflection of Donald, his style leaked in.

Donald Smurth
The Lucky Fool, Dragon's Bodyguard, Foebreaker
Demigod
Symbol: An inverted green triangle with a white, six sided die with the one visible
Home Plane: The Cauldron
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Portfolio: Fortune, warriors, protection, martial strength, magical strength
Worshipers: Duskblades, gishes, fighters, gamblers, bodyguards
Cleric Alignments: CG, CN, NG
Domains: Chaos, Good, Luck, Protection, Strength
Favored Weapon: Guardianil (Bastard Sword)

Donald is a guardian, guide and example for warriors who seek power. Not those who merely desire power, but those who want it for a good cause. Donald aids virtually anyone who falls within that and comes to him, for he believes that enough moves and enough gambles will bring victory. Each soul aided is a bet and Donald is lucky with his gambles. It is an open faith, one that accepts any who come and demands little, only that those who seek his aid be worthy of it.

Those of Donald, who have taken the name Noachians from a draconic word for wealth, seek to live up to this. They strive to be strong, to be protectors and to combine that to win on the gambles any warrior takes on the battlefield. To protect someone is always a gamble, one with great prizes but a loss can often mean your life. Noachians focus on victory rather than defeat, they are a fairly upbeat lot by doctrine. Indeed, a good laugh is said to be worth a bag of gold and a smile worth a pouch of silver. After all, the ideal gambler is a happy man who throws his coins about with abandon and trusts in luck.

Unlike most deities, Donald is very communicative with his flock. While he rarely provides direct intervention, he's more than willing to spare a few good words or hand out advice to his faithful. He refrains from full on conversations, but he'll drop a few words with ease. Most of his faithful have heard his voice several times, and those clerics who are favored by him may talk to him each noontime when they pray for new spells. These talks shock those not initiated in the faith, as Donald is informal to his faithful, as if they are old friends. He likewise uses little tact and will speak with blunt honesty, even if such a choice may perturb his faithful. It is said that few of thin skin last long amid the Noachians.

The typical garb of Noachians varies. Anything will do, even outright nudity, so long as the holy symbol of the faith is seen. This extends to priests, but an ornate and open faced helmet is required. This helmet is decorated as an angelhelm is, or is an actual angelhelm for those fortunate enough to have one. As long as that's done any sort of clothing is acceptable.

Donald copied the holidays of the rest of the Cauldron and told them to celebrate them as well. He only has one personal holiday for himself: The Day of Protectors. This day in late summer is dedicated to defenders of all kinds and serves as a day of celebration, with feasts and drink common. Games and gambles are common, with larger groups with the service of an actual gaming hall if possible. It's a festival and feast, a day for everyone to celebrate and be free of a year's worries.

History/Relationships

In his mortal life, Donald was a rejected paladin hopeful who took to the ways of the sword. In time his path crossed with Seira Aryn's, and he learned arcane magic at her side. Legends of these time are known in the city of Balmuria, and over time have spread to the planes beyond that world. His bravery is well known, as is his role as Seira's friend, ally and guard.  In time he helped defeat hostile empires, cabals of liches, Sharrans, demons and devils. When Seira arose as the new demigoddess of the Cauldron, Donald went with her and has served since that time.

Donald has one main ally besides the Cauldron and his friends there: Lathander, the Morninglord. In his mortal life Donald revered Lathander. He sought to be a paladin in his name but failed, as he was not called to service and proved wholly unsuitable for the duties of a paladin. Nonetheless Donald kept his faith and in divinity has forged a friendship with Lathander. The extent of the alliance is unclear, but most believe Lathander would intervene if Donald was gravely threatened.

Thus far Donald has not made any strong enemies the rest of the Cauldron do not share. Those who know him marvel at this fact and it is unlikely to stay this way long.

Dogma

Trust in your strength and your luck. A good gamble can open the way for your abilities to triumph. Don't be afraid to be struck as long as you can strike them back harder. Magic and blades are a natural combination, use them them together well. Keep an eye on what's important but don't worry too much. When in doubt go for it and don't look back. A strong body and strong mind support everything you need to do.

Clergy and Temples

Noachian temples are thus far a hodgepodge of locations and are at times rented game halls, warrior guilds or even mage guilds. As long as the holy symbol of the faith is displayed prominently, anything is considered acceptable for now. Time and effort will build grand churches in the fullness of time. The clergy follow a loose structure, with strong individual clerics, paladins and other religious figures in charge of a small flock. Communication between groups varies and an overriding central church has not yet developed.

Unlike many faiths, there is no holy book at all. Instead Donald teaches the clergy the basic dogma and guides them along. Those who do well and build on it correctly are rewarded. As a result of this there is a wealth of variations between churches and gatherings of the Noachians. Often traditions from other faiths carry over, particularly those from local Lathanderites and other members of the Cauldron. Donald's communicative nature generally prevents things from going too far astray, but he is tolerant of variations.

Preferred Classes

Typical classes for Noachians are duskblade, fighter, wizard, sorcerer and paladins of freedom. There is a great deal of variety due to the nature of the faith to welcome any who seek aid, with virtually any non evil class represented. As of now, the loose structure of the faith has prevented the formation of any religious orders.

Prestige classes for Noachians include eldritch knight, abjurant champion, dragon devotee and dragon disciple.

Preferred Symbols

The symbols of Donald are dogs, open faced helmets, white feathers, dice, sunrises and citrines. Donald's favored symbol is an open faced helmet styled like an angelhelm, one that often bears minor enchantments to ensure it protects as well as a closed face helmet. Those who greatly please him will quickly stumble on an angelhelm with only one on its abilities active, though research will uncover ways that the rest of the powers can be added. In comparison, dogs are seen as warnings of ill fortune and guides away from it. To see a dog flee from something is a warning to a Noachian, one they can obey or gamble and ignore at their own peril.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Not saying which side of the die is up on Donald's symbol feels like an oversight.