"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Donald

Goals

1. Get things going! High energy and get people doing things!
2. Make sure everyone knows how to fight Sharrans because there's always Sharrans.
3. Ensure a reputation that we aren't boring but a lot of fun instead, that'll get people to join us.

Worshipers

1. Dornath, a human battle dancer 3//fighter 1/rogue 2. He's drawn to the easy nature of the church and it's spontaneity, and he'll go along with the flow. He's from the Prime world of Elysgar.
2. Malikkim, an elf duskblade 4//barbarian 4. A duskblade with temper issues, he grew up on stories of the Crimson Guard and their allies. He's from Pallanth.
3. Rosey-Posey, a pixie rogue 2//favored soul 6. A pixie who just gets it somehow, who fits in like a glove and likes Donald's whimsical tendencies. She's from the Prime of Massas.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Latha

Goals

1. Gather a strong following amid those lands where I am already strong - Balmuria in particular.
2. Earn allies that will aid me in the coming difficulties, particularly in contested Primes.
3. Aid others in advancing as well, because we are not alone.

Worshipers

1. Harley, a dwarf paladin 8//monk 8. A dwarf saved by Latha in her time in Balmuria, he has taken to her new faith with zeal. He's from Balmuria.
2. Dianus, a desert half elf healer 4//monk 4. An ascetic dedicated to helping others as well as a trained smith, she finds Latha's doctrine to complete her. She's from the demiplane of Kallistar.
3. Starguard, a monadic deva 15//cleric 15. A long time friend of Latha's who has chosen to serve her once the Heavens supported her. She is from Mount Celestia.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Weekly Feedback

Alicia

Antenora: I admire how serious and focused Alicia is. It makes me feel safe and secure, but I wish she had time for a dog. Who doesn't like a dog? Then again, she did marry Syala.
Latha: Oh Ranbar, you'll find your way. Don't you agree, Alicia? Do you remember those days where you found your way, so long ago to us now? We could have hardly imagined the wonderful consequences those days brought. We must remember that for Ranbar and ensure she has the same chance as we did.
Jessica: Sister, I'm worried about Malcanthet. Do you really think she's going to leave us alone? Of course not. We can't wait on her forever, can we? We have to grow stronger, and another ally in Queen makes us stronger.
Syala: Oh Alicia. It's such a waste you weren't born a Sharessian. Sometimes you forget how you ensnare the people around you with a net of love and friendship. Also, the word is cloaca.

Moore

Cresiel: I do not fear my death, Moore. I fear for yours. Eternity will take me when it will, but I fear what is left in your wake should you perish. Please remember that.
Xandra: Next week I predict a difficult battle. This foe is fast and I fear he is an elite opponent who may well be able to challenge us. We cannot fail here, we must continue on and complete this mission.
Kaja: So Lune died? So did one of my first, mace poisoning to the head. I've been wondering, how we will greet them to our realm? There are pools on Lunia where souls emerge, should we use one of those or do something fancier?
Jetina: I can cast mass heal at will, forever. Will I ever use my sword again? Please tell me I will, Moore. I can do more things than heal, so stop getting injured!
Sylvie: The weight of ages can be felt so keenly at times when you wander the planes. There are monuments that have existed for more years than anyone cares to count. How many souls have been born under this quest for an Answer, and when will one be at last found?

Alyssa

Jarem: I don't know how I feel about the Red Knight's offer, only that I shouldn't be surprised. She's always made strong moves to obtain what she wants, be it an advantage of a soul. I don't know if I think it's horrible because she's like a mother to me, or incredible because she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, and the best warrior, too.
Emily: I don't want to be sad, Alyssa, but all I can think about is that Ianvasah should be here with us. I'm sorry, I don't want to bring your mood down.
Bastian: Good job with the Red Knight. Shame about Lasri, but Shaundakul told me mortals are born to die. It doesn't mean that I'm going to accept it.
Dolmaya: That shameless strumpet! We've barely even started anything and she swoops in, and now any chance is ruined! I've met female dogs with more decorum!

Seira

Amaryl: Emilia! Oh Seira, what a wonderful idea. I miss when Xera and Emily were younger so much. Thank you!
Donald: No seriously, I saw a mushroom woman who did that. I don't make Creation, I just live in it. Are you that surprised? They are a symbol of life and motherhood, and spores are how mushrooms reproduce.
Lady Sanzha: Prepare all your currents, for the Iron Tower will be a near impossible mission. I have my doubts if you have any chance at all, so I beg of you to have escapes prepared. Your defeat or imprisonment serves as no boon to Yemimah.
Kascha: We can't leave Yemimah imprisoned, no matter how long the odds are. But Asmodeus gave us just enough to hang ourselves in the Iron Tower, so you'll have to show him we're better than that!
Elle: Don't worry, I'm keeping an eye on Ranbar. She'll be fine, Seira.
Ranbar: I'll see you soon, Seira, once I'm done and I've made a decision.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on May 16, 2020, 04:30:31 PM
Weekly Feedback
Alyssa

Jarem: I don't know how I feel about the Red Knight's offer, only that I shouldn't be surprised. She's always made strong moves to obtain what she wants, be it an advantage of a soul. I don't know if I think it's horrible because she's like a mother to me, or incredible because she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, and the best warrior, too.
Emily: I don't want to be sad, Alyssa, but all I can think about is that Ianvasah should be here with us. I'm sorry, I don't want to bring your mood down.
Bastian: Good job with the Red Knight. Shame about Lasri, but Shaundakul told me mortals are born to die. It doesn't mean that I'm going to accept it.
Dolmaya: That shameless strumpet! We've barely even started anything and she swoops in, and now any chance is ruined! I've met female dogs with more decorum!

What *was* the offer to Jarem? I mean, I made a guess, but never got any details.

As for Emily/Bastian, yeah, understandable.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Pretty much exactly what you'd expect it to be based on the clues. Jarem's suddenly hot property and she has a legitimate claim, so she made a move. She's very much a go getter and the type to try things when she has a chance.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I thought Red Knight invited Jarem to come work for her. I missed the in bed subtext.

Also poor Jetina. And no one asked for the biology lesson Syala.

It is nice to play big sister to Ranbar though!

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on May 16, 2020, 04:36:48 PM
I thought Red Knight invited Jarem to come work for her. I missed the in bed subtext.

It was there. It wasn't terribly obvious, but she if she was ever going to marry, another demigod is a good catch. They'd make a strong pair since they cover a lot of the same ground together.

QuoteAlso poor Jetina.

A healer's lot is a healer's lot. She has a lot of smites and ways to be good in melee, though admittedly Cresiel, Kaja and Sylvie beat her there.

QuoteAnd no one asked for the biology lesson Syala.

Syala: You might need it.

QuoteIt is nice to play big sister to Ranbar though!

That scene was a lot of fun because you nailed the heart of Ranbar's dilemma so well. You absolutely knocked that one out of the park, well done.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Dana reaches level 35.

- Dwarven Defender 22 and Psychic Warrior 27.
- 6 on a d12 for a total of 19 hit points and a grand total of 670 hit points.
- Damage reduction rises by 3 to 17/-.
- +1 CL to her single SLA. Yay.
- Gains 35th level PW manifesting. Her new power point total is 586. She selects Becklee's Brilliant Blast, see below. What? There's surely other psionics she'd borrow form occasionally.
- +1 to all saves.
- Skills go up as normal.

Nice, quick level for once. Yay.

Becklee's Brilliant Blast
Psychometabolism
Level: Psychic Warrior 10
Display: Auditory
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/level)
Area: Cone-shaped burst
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex half
Power Resistance: Yes
Power Points: 21

This power creates a massive cone of raw force that deals 21d6 points of damage. This power damages any unattended objects within it, including walls. This power can burrow up to 20ft into solid walls, stone and other such things. Creatures and objects protected by more than 20ft of a wall or similar object.

Augment

For every additional power point you spend, this power's damage increases by 1d6.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira

Lady Sanzha: Prepare all your currents, for the Iron Tower will be a near impossible mission. I have my doubts if you have any chance at all, so I beg of you to have escapes prepared. Your defeat or imprisonment serves as no boon to Yemimah.
Kascha: We can't leave Yemimah imprisoned, no matter how long the odds are. But Asmodeus gave us just enough to hang ourselves in the Iron Tower, so you'll have to show him we're better than that!

I feel like inviting Alicia would guarantee succees, but I'd like to accomplish something grand on my own. It's been a while since I've done that, and so long as I have a chance it's all good. Plus Alicia is sadly the stealth is optional for this mission type.
Can't wait to see Ranbar's decision, too!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 17, 2020, 11:18:19 AM
Seira

I feel like inviting Alicia would guarantee succees, but I'd like to accomplish something grand on my own. It's been a while since I've done that, and so long as I have a chance it's all good. Plus Alicia is sadly the stealth is optional for this mission type.
Can't wait to see Ranbar's decision, too!

To be entirely honest I don't think Alicia's a good fit for this mission, at least based on surface details that are known.

Ranbar's working it out. She may drop into another node or two to talk depending on which way it goes, but she's on the right path now.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Feedback welcome.

Elle's Great Shooting Star
Universal
Level: Sor/Wiz 15
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: See text
Target, Effect or Area: See text
Duration: See text
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell conjures a shooting star in the sky above that streaks by and can be seen for 100ft per caster level in all directions. This shooting star is visible for one round. Should a creature speak a wish within one round of seeing this shooting star, the wish is granted as if by a wish spell. This spell can grant up to one wish per ten caster levels of the caster. No matter how many wishes it grants, the caster only takes the strain of one wish and those who make the wishes do not suffer any strain at all.

A creature can only benefit from a single wish per casting of this spell, no matter how many wishes they speak in one round.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Jarem worked up this spell. It's pretty plain but he wanted something plain, mostly I'm aiming for things more like Elle's spell.

Vigor of Tempus
Transmutation
Level: Clr 15
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 min/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell grants the endless vigor of Tempus to the target. This grants a +18 enhancement bonus to Strength and Constitution, as well as damage reduction 30/-.

This spell is known by only a few clerics of Tempus, the Red Knight and Garagos.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Miranda reaches level 35.

- Valkyrie 35 and Focused Hunter 3.
- 2 on a d8 for a total of 12 hit points and a grand total of 526 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 35.
- +1 spell resistance.
- Damage reduction increases by 5.
- Words of Creation(B) as a new racial bonus feat. Unusually late in the game for a celestial to develop this, most who reach epic get it then if they don't already.
- Gains dispelling shot. This is actually very good since it uses her hit dice for the modifier, so it's immediately relevant.
- +1 CL of SLAs.
- Gains 34th level ranger casting. This is an 8th level spell, to which Miranda selects Miranda's Banecrush. Finally.
- All saves rise by 1.
- Skills go up as normal.

Good level, got a few nice pieces.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Syala avatar 2 is up. As you can see, I made a minimum of changes and just switched between astral deva abilities and treant abilities.
<Afina> Forever.