News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on May 24, 2020, 11:06:06 AMMarie appreciates the compliment, shallow as it is.

Take 'em when you can get 'em.

QuoteAnd yeah, I guess I take it for granted that between divine senses/epic perception/epic knowledge that just impersonating a deity is something you can't get away with among their peers.

Like, I kind of want to have Marie pretend to be someone and go stir shit up, because she's got the epic disguise and bluff to pull it off, but I feel dead certain that if I did it the mark would just divine-text the real deal for verification then draw her into an ambush. It just feels like something that really has no business working.

It's difficult but not impossible - I don't want to go into details for spoilers, but you can guess at some of the aspects that are obvious. Someone who doesn't know Alicia was targeted is the most salient one, but a few other factors can be worked out as well. It's more that it's a small mistake to not do a more in depth check, and that well...the divine not being perfect and free of mistakes is something that comes up in game.

In other words, it's something the Queen of Air and Darkness probably should've caught. Easier to say in hindsight, but it is what it is.

Unless of course something custom or nasty is in place, but at that point all bets are off.

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 25, 2020, 02:06:40 AM
I suppose if Aurora chooses to ignore the warnings against Team Fiends or to ascend a glorified pet I'll be proven wrong about their judgement.

If they actually ascended 27 I'd eat my own DMing screen.

Scaaaaary.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Create City is now in the Spell Collection. Enjoy.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 25, 2020, 11:13:38 PM
Any comments on the demiplane stuff, y'all? I'm inclined to drop the level of assign planar traits but one but the rest looks about right. Last call, I'll move them over before or just after session tomorrow.

I don't like that there's a new arms race now, of spells that have not!material components that ignore the epic ways of ignoring material components. I'm sure there's a salient divine ability to beat that which is even more extra special and then special circumstances that'd beat it. Ah well.

It's nice to have stuff we could always do vaguely actually codified and priced. A huge shame I don't see myself doing this since we're past that now, and even in a theoretical new game it'd be so expensive (gold and spell level-wise) that by the time I could casually do it I'd have better things. I guess my comments are nice but impractical?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 26, 2020, 02:18:32 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on May 25, 2020, 11:13:38 PM
Any comments on the demiplane stuff, y'all? I'm inclined to drop the level of assign planar traits but one but the rest looks about right. Last call, I'll move them over before or just after session tomorrow.

I don't like that there's a new arms race now, of spells that have not!material components that ignore the epic ways of ignoring material components. I'm sure there's a salient divine ability to beat that which is even more extra special and then special circumstances that'd beat it. Ah well.

It's nice to have stuff we could always do vaguely actually codified and priced. A huge shame I don't see myself doing this since we're past that now, and even in a theoretical new game it'd be so expensive (gold and spell level-wise) that by the time I could casually do it I'd have better things. I guess my comments are nice but impractical?

Pretty much. It's an option, it can be done but y'all are on another path this game so it's mostly world development here.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Spell Collection's updated with the five demiplane spells.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Does Zariel have all the gear she wants? Since she's been adventuring offscreen with Xera all this time, I don't know if she lacks anything basic we could provide for her.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 27, 2020, 07:58:46 AM
Does Zariel have all the gear she wants? Since she's been adventuring offscreen with Xera all this time, I don't know if she lacks anything basic we could provide for her.

Zariel's good on gear.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Realm updates for those not mid dungeon will happen this weekend. Iddy, please remind me that you have new leaders coming from IC events.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Speaking of leaders, that dude following Sanzha that Donald introduced to me should be one too, I think?

Anastasia

I'll check that when you realm update, yeah, but that sounds right.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

No one? Tough crowd. Whimper.

---

Benyen reaches level 34 and 35. For some reason that escapes me, he's at 33 so time to adjust up.

- Fighter 34/35 and Fist of Raziel 24/Incandescent Champion 5. He needs an extra point of essentia for 36 so he'll get it knocked out ahead of time.
- 5 and 4 on d10s for a total of 37 hit points and a grand total of 688 hit points.
- +2 BAB for a total of 35.
- +1 essentia pool for a total of 7. He invests this in Incandescent Strike to at least get a +1 to damage until level 36. No point letting it sit there unused.
- Incandescent Ray gained. This is pretty crap for him, even at full investment it's only 6d8 damage.
- Gains 29th level paladin spellcasting. This is 2 7th level spells per day. Benyen goes with Eyes of Truth and Regenerate.
- All saves rise by 1.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Armor Skin(F34) as his bonus feat because his AC is a disaster zone.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I didn't want to unfairly tilt the scales in favor of the B6 thread over the B3 thread.

Anastasia

Indeed.

Unless, of course, one day the two threads merge in a glorious combination of nagging unknown until that moment.
<Afina> Forever.