News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Also, looking at them, I think I vastly overshot when it came to the Inspiration domain power:

Inspiration Domain

Granted Power: Once per day as a standard action, you may inspire yourself or another ally. You may increase a single attack, damage, skill check or saving throw roll by your Cleric level / 2. You choose which type of roll is boosted and the next type of that roll gains the bonus. If this bonus is not used within one minute, it is lost.

Hope Domain:

Granted Power: Grants a +4 to any one attack roll, skill check or saving throw once per day as the domain power. This must be declared before you make the roll.

I can go back and redo the Inspiration Domain (since I think only Moore has it anyway) power if you want.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on March 19, 2021, 07:07:19 PM
Moore reaches DvR2:

He gains one of his lost domains: Truth
He gains one SDA: Supreme Initiative
This increases his constitution to a new level, so his HP goes up to 829, he hits a few other even numbers with this, so stats have been updated accordingly.

What stats went up in particular, so I know?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on March 19, 2021, 08:35:47 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on March 19, 2021, 07:07:19 PM
Moore reaches DvR2:

He gains one of his lost domains: Truth
He gains one SDA: Supreme Initiative
This increases his constitution to a new level, so his HP goes up to 829, he hits a few other even numbers with this, so stats have been updated accordingly.

What stats went up in particular, so I know?

STR/DEX/CON/WIS.

Anastasia

Nice. None critical for you but they help.

I might normally comment on Supreme Init not fitting your domains and portfolio, but I have to admit it fits you everywhere else to a T and you might go in those directions because of it anyway.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on March 19, 2021, 07:19:04 PM
Also, looking at them, I think I vastly overshot when it came to the Inspiration domain power:

Inspiration Domain

Granted Power: Once per day as a standard action, you may inspire yourself or another ally. You may increase a single attack, damage, skill check or saving throw roll by your Cleric level / 2. You choose which type of roll is boosted and the next type of that roll gains the bonus. If this bonus is not used within one minute, it is lost.

Hope Domain:

Granted Power: Grants a +4 to any one attack roll, skill check or saving throw once per day as the domain power. This must be declared before you make the roll.

I can go back and redo the Inspiration Domain (since I think only Moore has it anyway) power if you want.

Sure, if you want.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Queen's Eyes added to the spell topic.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

By the way, waiting on confirmation on that domain thing, Neph.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I'm percolating on ideas to make the Hope and Inspiration domain powers meaningfully different from each other.

Nephrite

I think the Hope domain granted power would make more sense as this:

You are immune to effects such as the penalty from crushing despair or effects which instill despair or hopelessness.

I think changing this and leaving the Inspiration power is fine, going over other Cleric domains there's plenty of similar 'half your cleric level' things.

Anastasia

Cresiel reaches divine rank 2.

- Strength, Dex, Wis and Charisma all gain a higher modifier. Spells updated for higher Wisdom.
- SDA is Battle Metamagic, retrained Arch Angel's Mystery into Widen Spell for it.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Xandra reaches divine rank 2.

- Strength, Con, Int and Wisdom all gain a higher modifier.
- SDA is a custom one, her first one so she hits the demipower cap for that.

SEERSIGHT
Prerequisite: Fate Domain, Oracle Domain, Ecstasy, cha 33
Benefit: Xandra is a seer touched by Chronias and the Holy Mountain, and her apotheosis has unlocked even greater power from this gift. Her sight allows her to see the future, which grants her the benefits of a foresight spell at all times. Unlike a mortal's foresight spell, this spell may only be blocked by a deity who succeeds on an opposed rank check against Xandra. The bonus to Reflex saves and armor class equals 2 + Xandra's divine rank.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore reaches DvR 4.

This results in all of his ability scores going up by 2, which means the modifiers go up by 1, which results in him gaining a new skill he can take, so he'll take Disable Device. I updated all the other various numbers for this I believe, but important things are it raises the base damage of divine blast to 21d12 and divine shield to 210 (and I need to remember to use those more often). I also noticed I had my speed wrong so that has been updated.

-SDA for 3 is Extra Domain: Community, which results in +2 to Diplomacy checks among calm emotions and other stuff.
-SDA for 4 is Divine Skill Focus: Diplomacy, which ends up being a +14 bonus to Diplomacy for right now.

Anastasia

Sylvie reaches divine rank 2.

- Strength, Con, Wis and Charisma all rose to a new modifier.
- SDA TBA due to time constraints.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sylvie went with Divine Recall (Books Written).
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa 38:

+1 Epic Saves
+1 BaB
+27 skill points (1,030 total: +1 to all Knowledges (10pnts), Craft: Armor/Black/Calligraphy/Maps/Weapons/Tailoring, Perception, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Stealth, UMD, Bluff +2, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Intimidate, Survival)
+20 HP

Changes:
Swapping Great Ability Dex for Chain Spell.

DvR3: SDA - Automatic Metamagic: Chain Spell
DvR4: SDA - Custom SDA
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.