News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Moore reaches level 38!

Singer of the Celestial Choir 8 and Favored Soul 8

Maximum hp per hit die, 8, for a total of 11+8+4 = 23 hit points and a total of 889 HP.
BAB goes up by 1
Skills go up as normal.

Singer gives a bonus feat: I can't take Lasting Inspiration a second time, so I'm taking Epic Inspiration again.

Spells:

Bard CL 36, one 11th level and one 12th level spell known | He'll pick up Purr of Sharess for 11th, Thunderous Voice for 12th, and Mercane's Insight as his free Divination spell.
Favoured Soul CL 26,  one 11th level spell known | He'll grab Mass Regenerate here for an emergency situation.

Iron Dragoon

Could I upgrade the bonuses from my Monk's Belt with the node points? Like, up the number of bonus levels it gives (with a cap)?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 02, 2021, 07:52:07 PM
Alyssa 38:

+1 Epic Saves
+1 BaB
+27 skill points (1,030 total: +1 to all Knowledges (10pnts), Craft: Armor/Black/Calligraphy/Maps/Weapons/Tailoring, Perception, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Stealth, UMD, Bluff +2, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Intimidate, Survival)
+20 HP

Changes:
Swapping Great Ability Dex for Chain Spell.

DvR3: SDA - Automatic Metamagic: Chain Spell
DvR4: SDA - Custom SDA

Looks good. At least you got spell slots too, right?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 02, 2021, 11:17:40 PM
Moore reaches level 38!

Singer of the Celestial Choir 8 and Favored Soul 8

Maximum hp per hit die, 8, for a total of 11+8+4 = 23 hit points and a total of 889 HP.
BAB goes up by 1
Skills go up as normal.

Singer gives a bonus feat: I can't take Lasting Inspiration a second time, so I'm taking Epic Inspiration again.

Spells:

Bard CL 36, one 11th level and one 12th level spell known | He'll pick up Purr of Sharess for 11th, Thunderous Voice for 12th, and Mercane's Insight as his free Divination spell.
Favoured Soul CL 26,  one 11th level spell known | He'll grab Mass Regenerate here for an emergency situation.

Sounds good here. What's your bardic music bonuses look like now?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 03, 2021, 02:26:01 PM
Could I upgrade the bonuses from my Monk's Belt with the node points? Like, up the number of bonus levels it gives (with a cap)?

That seems reasonable. To be clear, what bonuses on it do you have in mind to boost?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

It boosts your level for AC and Unarmed Damage. Either of those, or helping with the penalty from Flailing Strikes. Personally, the flailing strikes.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on April 03, 2021, 05:52:38 PM

Inspire Courage is +24 to attack and weapon damage
Inspire Competence is a +16 morale bonus to Skill checks
Greatness - +16d10 temp hp + con mod, competence bonus +16 Attack rolls, +8 fort saves
Heroics - 20 morale bonus to saves and +20 dodge to AC
Excellence - +18 competence bonus to any attribute.

It isn't a huge change from what the abilities are today really. I honestly wish there were better bard feats but I can't think of anything good except ones to improve songs and that is sort of the same idea anyway.

I suppose I could try and figure out some new bardic music...

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 03, 2021, 05:54:56 PM
It boosts your level for AC and Unarmed Damage. Either of those, or helping with the penalty from Flailing Strikes. Personally, the flailing strikes.

- Increasing the bonus to monk level on a Monk's Belt by 5. Cost: 1 point.
- Add an ability to a monk's belt to negate the penalty to attack rolls with flailing strike. Cost: 1 point.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 03, 2021, 07:41:59 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 03, 2021, 05:52:38 PM

Inspire Courage is +24 to attack and weapon damage
Inspire Competence is a +16 morale bonus to Skill checks
Greatness - +16d10 temp hp + con mod, competence bonus +16 Attack rolls, +8 fort saves
Heroics - 20 morale bonus to saves and +20 dodge to AC
Excellence - +18 competence bonus to any attribute.

It isn't a huge change from what the abilities are today really. I honestly wish there were better bard feats but I can't think of anything good except ones to improve songs and that is sort of the same idea anyway.

I suppose I could try and figure out some new bardic music...

That's a good idea, you're getting to the point on those that I'd like you to not boost that for a few levels (this one excluded to be clear, I mean future levels and future feats).
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Yeah, I had ruminated on "Improved" versions of the other Bardic musics, but they just end up doing the same thing as Epic Inspiration does, so it's probably better if I just come up with new ones entirely.

Ebiris

Alicia reaches level 38
Sorcerer 38//Duskblade 21
All saves go up +1
+21 hp, +1 bab, skills go up as normal, +1 SR
+1 to silver fire DC
Sorcerer bonus feat. She takes improved combat casting so she can't be AoOed for casting. I can't recall it happening much to her but it's a nice contingency to cover.
Spell power increases to +6 (+9 after bonus from true ring of eternal celerity). Also remember that adds to duskblade spell damage too.
+1 Sorcerer/Duskblade/SLA CL
+1 15th level sorc spell per day, +1 15th level sorc spell known. She takes Greater Create Demiplane. Except a bunch of those to get scattered around Sylica by her avatars.
+1 7th level duskblade spell per day, +1 7th level duskblade spell known. She takes greater shout.

--

Marie reaches level 38
Outsider 38//Master of Missiles 7
+1 to all saves.
+20 hp, +1 bab, skills go up as normal, +1 SR
Inspire Courage goes up by +1 (and thus +2 because divine bard)
Gets Magic Missile Mastery for one more missile per casting. For reference she's at 12 missiles per casting now.
+1 Sorcerer/SLA CL.
+1 14th level sorc spell per day. +3 15th level sorc spells per day (+1 more from high charisma). +1 15th level sorc spell known. She takes Endless Swamp.

Endless Swamp isn't in the spell collection but I made it... well, pretty much a year ago! So make sure you're okay with it now I guess.
Post where it was discussed.

Nephrite

Speaking of old things, I posted these a while back and have slightly revised them with a new addition. We can hash out details as needed with them.

Musing on Epic Feats:

Base assumption: Inspire Heroics is a very defensive song (saves, AC), so an improved version should continue this idea of being something that adds more defense.

Epic Inspire Heroics
Prerequisite: You can use Inspire Heroics on at least 4 allies. (That's bard 24)
Benefit: Inspire Heroics can now be used as a swift action and it now provides all allies with Spell Resistance equal to 11 + your effective bard level for as long as it lasts in addition to its normal effects.

Moore's effective bard level at 38 is +8 for 46, so this would provide 57 SR. I think that's fine? You could make it hit dice I guess if you wanted? Not sure. You could change this to rely on Hit dice / total level if you think that's better?

Epic Inspire Greatness
Prerequisite: You can use Inspire Greatness on at least 6 allies. (Also bard 24)
Benefit: Your Inspire Greatness can now be used as a swift action and it now provides youself and allies with temporary hit points equal to their character's level x 10.

Inspire Mobility (Epic) (Su)
Prerequisite: Bard level 20th
Benefit: You gain the ability to use music or poetics to inspire mobility in yourself or your allies within 50 feet. A creature so inspired gains the benefits of Haste and Freedon of Movement for the duration of the song and 5 rounds after. Inspire Mobility is a mind-affecting ability.

Iron Dragoon

Spending node upgrade point to bump Monk's Belt bonus by +5 levels.

Nephrite

Also, could you post that Malcanthet Charisma booster spell? I'm looking for some inspiration (hah!) for higher bard spells.

Also, note to self, I really do need to use those node points too.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 03, 2021, 08:58:46 PM
Yeah, I had ruminated on "Improved" versions of the other Bardic musics, but they just end up doing the same thing as Epic Inspiration does, so it's probably better if I just come up with new ones entirely.

Fair enough, I see them below so I'll get to them.
<Afina> Forever.