Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on April 04, 2021, 10:15:40 AM
Alicia reaches level 38
Sorcerer 38//Duskblade 21
All saves go up +1
+21 hp, +1 bab, skills go up as normal, +1 SR
+1 to silver fire DC
Sorcerer bonus feat. She takes improved combat casting so she can't be AoOed for casting. I can't recall it happening much to her but it's a nice contingency to cover.
Spell power increases to +6 (+9 after bonus from true ring of eternal celerity). Also remember that adds to duskblade spell damage too.
+1 Sorcerer/Duskblade/SLA CL
+1 15th level sorc spell per day, +1 15th level sorc spell known. She takes Greater Create Demiplane. Except a bunch of those to get scattered around Sylica by her avatars.
+1 7th level duskblade spell per day, +1 7th level duskblade spell known. She takes greater shout.

--

Marie reaches level 38
Outsider 38//Master of Missiles 7
+1 to all saves.
+20 hp, +1 bab, skills go up as normal, +1 SR
Inspire Courage goes up by +1 (and thus +2 because divine bard)
Gets Magic Missile Mastery for one more missile per casting. For reference she's at 12 missiles per casting now.
+1 Sorcerer/SLA CL.
+1 14th level sorc spell per day. +3 15th level sorc spells per day (+1 more from high charisma). +1 15th level sorc spell known. She takes Endless Swamp.

Endless Swamp isn't in the spell collection but I made it... well, pretty much a year ago! So make sure you're okay with it now I guess.
Post where it was discussed.

Added Endless Swamp to the collection.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 04, 2021, 01:57:09 PM
Speaking of old things, I posted these a while back and have slightly revised them with a new addition. We can hash out details as needed with them.

Musing on Epic Feats:

Base assumption: Inspire Heroics is a very defensive song (saves, AC), so an improved version should continue this idea of being something that adds more defense.

Epic Inspire Heroics
Prerequisite: You can use Inspire Heroics on at least 4 allies. (That's bard 24)
Benefit: Inspire Heroics can now be used as a swift action and it now provides all allies with Spell Resistance equal to 11 + your effective bard level for as long as it lasts in addition to its normal effects.

Moore's effective bard level at 38 is +8 for 46, so this would provide 57 SR. I think that's fine? You could make it hit dice I guess if you wanted? Not sure. You could change this to rely on Hit dice / total level if you think that's better?

Before anything else, can you think of any bardic music feat that does spell resistance? I can't off the top of my head so have a bit of quick homework.

QuoteEpic Inspire Greatness
Prerequisite: You can use Inspire Greatness on at least 6 allies. (Also bard 24)
Benefit: Your Inspire Greatness can now be used as a swift action and it now provides youself and allies with temporary hit points equal to their character's level x 10.

Yourself, just to correct the typo in that since I noticed it.

Anyway, inspire greatness already adds on hit points through one method. I don't want to stack temp HP on top of that. A temp HP bardic music or an epic one is fine to work up, but I don't want to double stack it on inspire greatness.

QuoteInspire Mobility (Epic) (Su)
Prerequisite: Bard level 20th
Benefit: You gain the ability to use music or poetics to inspire mobility in yourself or your allies within 50 feet. A creature so inspired gains the benefits of Haste and Freedon of Movement for the duration of the song and 5 rounds after. Inspire Mobility is a mind-affecting ability.

This sounds like something one of the bardic PrCs gives as a class ability.  I don't really have any problem with it anyway, it's reasonable enough for epic.

Also freedom, not freedon.

Inspire Mobility [Epic]
Prerequisite: Perform 24 ranks
Benefit: You can use song or poetics to inspire mobility in yourself and your allies within 50ft. Any creature who can hear you perform within that range gains the benefits of a Haste and Freedom of Movement spells (caster level equal to your bard level). This lasts for as long as you perform and 5 rounds after. Inspire Mobility is a mind-affecting ability.

Something like that?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 05, 2021, 08:45:23 PM
Spending node upgrade point to bump Monk's Belt bonus by +5 levels.

Adjusted in your node. Enjoy.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 05, 2021, 10:10:34 PM
Also, could you post that Malcanthet Charisma booster spell? I'm looking for some inspiration (hah!) for higher bard spells.

Also, note to self, I really do need to use those node points too.

Let me go dig it up and see if it's for PC consumption (read as it doesn't spoil anything and I don't mind taking a few minutes to make it presentable).
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on April 05, 2021, 10:30:54 PM
Before anything else, can you think of any bardic music feat that does spell resistance? I can't off the top of my head so have a bit of quick homework.

I do not believe that there are any bardic music feats that add spell resistance, no.

Yourself, just to correct the typo in that since I noticed it.

Anyway, inspire greatness already adds on hit points through one method. I don't want to stack temp HP on top of that. A temp HP bardic music or an epic one is fine to work up, but I don't want to double stack it on inspire greatness.

The intent for the inspire greatness was to replace the old temporary HP version with the new one - sorry, that wasn't clear and I should've made it as such. It isn't just adding more on, it's just replacing the old version with a slightly better one, if that makes sense.

Honestly, Inspire Greatness is a mess of an ability anyway.

This sounds like something one of the bardic PrCs gives as a class ability.  I don't really have any problem with it anyway, it's reasonable enough for epic.

Also freedom, not freedon.

Inspire Mobility [Epic]
Prerequisite: Perform 24 ranks
Benefit: You can use song or poetics to inspire mobility in yourself and your allies within 50ft. Any creature who can hear you perform within that range gains the benefits of a Haste and Freedom of Movement spells (caster level equal to your bard level). This lasts for as long as you perform and 5 rounds after. Inspire Mobility is a mind-affecting ability.

Something like that?

Yes, that is fine with me.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 05, 2021, 10:10:34 PM
Also, could you post that Malcanthet Charisma booster spell? I'm looking for some inspiration (hah!) for higher bard spells.

Also, note to self, I really do need to use those node points too.

Okay. This one as borderline to ever see the light of day and PC eyes, so I'm not sure I'll put it in the spell collection as of now. It should probably have some flavor text about calling on the power and the dark wisdom of a succubus as well, since that's what it's intended to do, but I haven't really flavored it for PC eyes.  So take this all with a grain of salt.

Queen's Glory
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 14
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Short (25ft + 5ft/2 levels)
Targets: One creature/level
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This spell grants all creatures affected a +10 morale bonus to Charisma, as well as an additional +20 insight bonus to Charisma based checks.

As of now, this spell is known only by Malcanthet and perhaps a few of her most trusted succubus sorcerers.

Focus

The heart of a succubus with at least 21 hit dice. A succubus does not need to supply the focus.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 05, 2021, 10:38:23 PMI do not believe that there are any bardic music feats that add spell resistance, no.

Okay. I don't have any problem with that part of it. One sec on this since the second one's the one with a conversation.

QuoteThe intent for the inspire greatness was to replace the old temporary HP version with the new one - sorry, that wasn't clear and I should've made it as such. It isn't just adding more on, it's just replacing the old version with a slightly better one, if that makes sense.

Honestly, Inspire Greatness is a mess of an ability anyway.

Since what you wrote wasn't what you intended, rewrite this for what you mean for it to do instead?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on April 05, 2021, 11:01:48 PM
Since what you wrote wasn't what you intended, rewrite this for what you mean for it to do instead?

Epic Inspire Greatness
Prerequisite: You can use Inspire Greatness on at least 6 allies.
Benefit: Your Inspire Greatness can now be used as a swift action. Inspire Greatness now gives those affected temporary hit points equal to their character's level x 10 instead of the extra hit dice.

I'm honestly not sold on this one, but Inspire Greatness is such a hodgepodge ability I don't really know what to do with it.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 05, 2021, 11:04:39 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 05, 2021, 11:01:48 PM

Epic Inspire Greatness
Prerequisite: You can use Inspire Greatness on at least 6 allies.
Benefit: Your Inspire Greatness can now be used as a swift action. Inspire Greatness now gives those affected temporary hit points equal to their character's level x 10 instead of the extra hit dice.

I'm honestly not sold on this one, but Inspire Greatness is such a hodgepodge ability I don't really know what to do with it.

Honest suggestion? Leave it be if you feel that way and write a different ability that gives temporary hit points instead. It's a lot easier than ability surgery.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 06, 2021, 12:16:38 AM
I'll see what I can come up with.

Alright, let me know and I'll do the other feats then.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I tried to think of what "health" means in D&D terms, I had considered giving this a Constitution bonus, but then I think it'd get quickly out of hand, so here's what I have. I've tried to design it so Epic Inspiration doesn't buff it at all but it is still useful as a feat. I also intentionally did not add fast healing to this as the Singer of the Celestial Choir song already does that and I didn't want to tread on what you wrote there.

EDIT: with a bit of a tutorial on health as it pertains to Balmuria, I've changed the wording a little.

Inspire Health [Epic]
Prerequisites: Perform 24 ranks, Heal 24 ranks
Benefit: You can use song or poetics to draw out the inner health in yourself and your allies within 50ft. Any creature who can hear you perform within that range gains temporary hit points equal to their hit dice x 10 for 5 rounds and for 5 rounds after the bard stops singing. In addition, they are healed of effects such as fatigue and exhaustion, and any dying creature who hears this song is stabilized. Inspire Health is a mind-affecting ability.

Anastasia

That's an interesting feat, particularly because bards don't get heal as a class skill.  That aside I think the temp HP is too high. Remember more temp HP than your max HP is lethal? That could easily be lethal to characters up to around epic depending on power level.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on April 07, 2021, 09:07:16 PM
That's an interesting feat, particularly because bards don't get heal as a class skill.  That aside I think the temp HP is too high. Remember more temp HP than your max HP is lethal? That could easily be lethal to characters up to around epic depending on power level.

Huh, they really don't. Well, it probably ought to still be there? I dunno, it seems thematically appropriate.

As for your concern... "temporay hp equal to half of their maximum" is clearly too much, so maybe... hum. Even something like hit dice x 5 could potentially be a problem in this scenario. Other numbers are a bit difficult try and puzzle out, but...  I'm open to ideas on this.

Anastasia

As of now the schedule is this:

1. Run Cor every day until he finishes.
2. Take a few days off.
3. Start level ups.

This is going to be a bit of time and I could use it. As such, it's a good time to request or do anything you want done. Spells, suggestions, PrCs, whatever. I have some loot to do as well, an Alicia item and what she got from Zyvlyn.
<Afina> Forever.