News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Since someone asked: Level ups resume either tonight or tomorrow evening. I've been doing a spot of behind the scenes work combined with some downtime. I have the time to take levels a little slow, so I'll take it.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Let's get back to this.

Benyen reaches level 36, 37 and 38.

Quick check, does he need to multiclass? Nah, he's good.

- Fighter 36, 37 and 38 on one side and Fist of Raziel 24, 25 and 26.
- Hit dice are 4, 6 and 10 for a total of 62 hit points and a grand total of 750 hit points.
- +3 BAB for a total of +38.
- Gains another daily use of smite evil. Always handy.
- Gains the ability to invest a 7th point of essentia into an ability, soulmeld, ect. He moves a point from Incandescent Strike into Sapphire Smite. This is -1 damage per attack but +1 smite/+1 damage on smite. A good trade.
- Gains 30th, 31st and 32nd level paladin spellcasting. This is 3 7th level spells. He'll grab a few opal cleansings to pick up some dispel ability.
- All saves go up by 1.
- Charisma goes up by 1 to 35.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Feats! Let's get to them. Great Ability(Charisma)(36), Overwhelming Critical(Falchion)(F36), Devastating Critical(F38), Armor Skin(FoR26).

Decent set of levels, Benyen does what he does well enough. No objections to a smite fest, is there?

- Updated Benyen's build charts.
- Benyen's node goal is good. Relevant too.
- Updated Benyen's spoiler block.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Jayne alights on level 36, 37 and 38.

Quick check, does she need to multiclass? Yes, yes she does. Let's mix it up.

- Phoenix 36, 37 and 38 and Battle Dancer 1 and Fighter 1 and 2.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 63 hit points and a grand total of 798 hit points.
- +3 BAB for a total of +38.
- +3 spell resistance to 51.
- Damage reduction rises by 5 and now requires cold to bypass.
- Fast healing rises by 10 to 70.
- Gains battle dancer's AC bonus. You know why she did it.
- Okay, this gets special mention. She gets improved unarmed strike as a bonus feat at battle dancer 1. However, she both has that feat and doesn't want it later because that ruins the prerequisites for another feat she has. Naturally, as this is a foundational part of battle dancer, there's no ACF to help here. I'm going to let her treat it as an open feat rather than design an ACF for such a niche situation. So that'll be in her feats below.
- All saves rise by 1.
- Level 36 stat point is Charisma. Enjoy.  She's up to 32.
- Her feats are Epic Toughness(36, new HP of 874), Extra Smiting(BD1), Combat Expertise(F1), Improved Disarm(F2).

Not bad, got some new options and powers. Works out well for birdbrain.

- Jayne lacks a build chart as of yet. I'll pass on it for now since I need to think a bit first.
- Jayne's node goal is good and likely to trigger right on resumption of play.
- Updated Jayne's spoiler block.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Jarem reaches level 38.

Quick check, does he need to multiclass? I've been tempted a few times, but I've never found something that's quite right.

- Cleric (Crusader variant) 38 and Knight 38.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 25 hit points and a grand total of 950 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +38.
- +1 spell resistance to 53.
- +1 knight's challenges per day. Let's be real, Jarem tends not to use them as it is, it's not what he's taken knight for, so this is mostly gilding.
- Shield block's bonus to AC rises by 1.
- +1 CL for SLAs.
- Gains 38th level cleric (crusader) spellcasting. That's another 15th level spell per day. Jarem recently felt the need to be able to heal better over a longer range, so he'll invest a simple spell into that. No real frills in favor of the expanded range, see below.
- All saves rise by 1.
- Jarem gets feats. Improved Deific Foe(C38), Knight's Defense(K38) in particular.

Not a bad level, see below for the spell. Jarem's doing fine, even if he could use a bit more melee damage at times. That's really my one complaint about him, though deific foe helps a lot in the right encounters.

Jarem's Rally
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Clr 15, Hlr 14
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/level)
Targets: One creature/level
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

All creatures within range receive the benefit of a heal spell, except that it can heal a maximum of 450 points of damage.

- Updated Jarem's build chart.
- Jarem's node goal is good, he just got one anyway.
- Updated Jarem's spoiler block.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, so adding a few things from previous levels.

Miraculous Fate is added to the collection as a healer 15 spell.
Becklee's Exasperated Revenge is added as well as a PW 11 spell.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on April 27, 2021, 11:24:46 AM
Jarem's doing fine, even if he could use a bit more melee damage at times. That's really my one complaint about him, though deific foe helps a lot in the right encounters.

What buffs does he give himself, or does he rely on what Alyssa tosses out? Alyssa just got Automatic Metamagic: Chain Spell, so her buffing efficiency just shot through the roof. If he's not buffing his damage on his own, I can work some into my pre-battle buff list.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 27, 2021, 11:53:53 AM
Jarem's doing fine, even if he could use a bit more melee damage at times. That's really my one complaint about him, though deific foe helps a lot in the right encounters.

What buffs does he give himself, or does he rely on what Alyssa tosses out? Alyssa just got Automatic Metamagic: Chain Spell, so her buffing efficiency just shot through the roof. If he's not buffing his damage on his own, I can work some into my pre-battle buff list.

He tends to use what's on his list, mostly. He has options there, it's more that I'd like to raise his base damage. What he could really use is quicken spell so he could do so without surrendering his standard actions, as at times he goes without due to time constraints.

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on April 27, 2021, 02:23:55 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 27, 2021, 11:53:53 AM

He tends to use what's on his list, mostly. He has options there, it's more that I'd like to raise his base damage. What he could really use is quicken spell so he could do so without surrendering his standard actions, as at times he goes without due to time constraints.

Well, I can sorta solve some of that with a bit of pre-planning. I have quicken spell, and with chain spell I can buff basically everything in the general area. He and Alyssa need to hash out what he wants and I can plan for it.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Okay, he has morale damage just fine. He has a competence booster for himself (rare) as well. He can boost his strength untyped which helps as well.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Emily reaches level 38.

Quick check, does she need to multiclass? No, she's fine.

- Sorcerer 38 and Dragonfire Knight 28.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 24 hit points and a grand total of 893 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +36.
- +1 spell resistance for 53.
- Emily's temporary hit points per day have risen by 1.
- Dragonfire Wrath's damage rises by 1d10 and daily uses rise by 1.
- +1 CL for SLAs.
- Gains 38th level sorcerer spellcasting. This grants another 15th level spell per day and another 15th level spell known, or two thanks to her SDA. Her first spell is Create City since that's a neat spell to have for contingencies. Her second spell is below.
- Gains 34th level favored soul spellcasting. This grants another 13th level spell per day and another 14th level spell known, which is two thanks to her SDA. She selects Diamondstorm and Eternal Aura (thanks Cresiel).
- All saves rise by 1.
- Feats, she gets two. Goldenfire Wrath(D28), Improved Metamagic(S38)

Spells below, let me know if you have any comments.

Emily's Meteor Smite
Evocation [Fire]
Level: Sor/Wiz 15
Components: V, S, M
Range: Long (400ft + 40ft/level)
Area: 10ft/level radius burst, centered on a creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex half
Spell Resistance: Yes

When this spell is cast, a massive meteor slams down from above to obliterate all within its area. This deals 1d8 damage per caster level (maximum 45d8). The area struck is reduced to a crater filled with flash boiled molten rock. Any creature within the radius is treated as being immersed in lava, which deals 20d6 points of damage per round. Creatures may escape this lava as normal, which cools over several minutes. Creatures that survive the fire damage but do not escape are liable to be trapped within the cooling lava.

When cast on an aerial target and thus does not strike solid ground, this spell deals damage but does not create a crater or lava. It may damage objects and buildings within the radius as well as potentially start fires if it strikes a flammable object, such as a tree.

Despite the name and theme of the spell, an open sky is not needed to cast this spell, and it may be cast indoors or underground.

Material Component

An ounce of cold iron from a meteorite.

Diamondstorm
Necromancy [Good]
Level: Clr 14
Components: V, S, M
Range: Touch
Target: Evil creature touched
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Spell Resistance: Yes

Diamondstorm surrounds the touched creature in a personalized storm of tiny, sharp diamond fragments from the forges of Jovar. This requires a touch attack against the target. These fragments cause 10d6 piercing damage per round. In addition, each round the target suffers 1d4 negative levels. A creature who takes negative levels equal or greater than their hit dice dies, in this case by the body tearing itself apart in a burst of holy light. Unlike with many types of negative energy, a creature slain this way does not rise as undead. A successful Fortitude save halves the damage and negates the negative levels for that round.

These diamond shards are bright and sparkle in the light, which grants the target a -40 penalty to any Hide checks for the duration, as well as a -4 penalty to armor class against ranged attacks.

- Updated Emily's build chart.
- Emily's node goal is good, it literally just updated before pause.
- Updated Emily's spoiler block.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Bastian reaches level 38.

Quick check, does he need to multiclass? Nah, he's staying the course here I think.

- Monk 38 and Horizon Walker 28.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 21 hit points and a grand total of 818 hit points.
- +1 spell resistance for 55.
- Wholeness of Body rises by 2 points to 76. EXCITING.
- +1 CL to SLAs.
- All saves rise by 1.
- Feats! Self Concealment(M38), Improved Terrain Bonus(HW28).

Solid enough level. Bastian's glad he finally cleared dex 25 and will keep chipping at that. Travel domain things need it and it is his weak point. Unfortunate. He's still doing well enough so ideas for later are considered.

- Updated build chart.
- Bastian's node goal is good. It's pretty easy by standards.
- Updated Bastian's spoiler block.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Dolmaya reaches level 38.

Quick check, does she need to multiclass? No, she's locked into her classes.

- Fatemaker 27 and Sorcerer 38.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 20 hit points and a grand total of 764 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +29.
- +1 spell resistance to 53.
- +1d6 sneak attack for a total of 14d6.
- Gains another daily use of confidence of the fated.
- Gains 38th level sorcerer casting. This is another 15th level spell per day and another 15th level spell known.
- Gains 27th level fatemaker spellcasting. This is 2 9th level spells per day and Dominate Monster and Time Stop as new spells known.
- All saves rise by 1.
- Her feat is Improved Metamagic(S38). Which does nothing for her now, it's for a possible future feat.

Decent enough level. It's always nice to pick up more sneak attack when your build is dump as much damage on the enemy as possible. So really this was good for her, even if not the most exciting set of gains.

- Updated Dolmaya's build chart.
- Dolmaya's node goal is good, it's likely clearing at the start of play Friday.
- Updated Dolmaya's spoiler block.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Lady Honeydip reaches level 38.

Quick check, does she need to multiclass? Nah.

First of all as promised, Bastian makes Honeydip his proxy. So let's cover that first. Note that parts of the template that are redundant will be omitted.

- Maximum hit points per hit die. This boosts Honeydip to 888 HP. How chaotic.
- Boosted speed as according to a table based on size, see the divine rules for this table. That's 50ft/180ft fly with perfect maneuverability.
- A natural armor bonus of +15 that overlaps with preexisting natural armor. Done, that's a net +10 gain.
- Charisma modifier to armor class as a deflection bonus. That's a net +15 gain since she had no deflection bonus. Score.
- Immunity to aging and its related effects, cannot die from age. Do not need to eat, sleep or breathe.
- Can only be permanently slain by an opposed rank check in your home plane.
- Immunity to polymorph, petrification, form altering, energy drain, ability drain, ability damage and mind affecting. A rank check can overcome these immunities.
- Charisma modifier as a resistance bonus to saving throws. Net +15 bonus to saves.
- +10 enhancement bonus to all ability scores. This is net +10 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, +10 Intelligence, +10 Wisdom, +4 Charisma.
- An SDA. The only one of Bastian's she qualifies for is Alter Size.

More to be edited in, getting this part up since it's really its own thing.

- Marshal 34 and Fighter 38.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 26 hit points and a grand total of 988 hit points.
- Bonded armor's insight bonus rises by 1 to 6.
- +1 CL for SLAs.
- All saves rise by 1.
- Gets a feat. She goes with Honeydip's Charge(F38).

Honeydip's Charge [Epic]
Prerequisite: Dire Charge, Superior Initiative, dex 25
Benefit: When you charge and a creature makes an attack of opportunity against you, that creature is denied their dexterity bonus to armor class until the beginning of your next turn. Creatures with uncanny dodge are immune to the effects of this feat.

- No build chart for Honeydip yet. I'm going to let her settle in my head a bit then do it a bit later. Want some time to toss over her build.
- Honeydip's node goal is good. She's due to clear it on resumption of play anyway.
- Honeydip's spoiler block has been created.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Amaryl reaches level 38.

Quick check does she need to multiclass? Noooooooo. Her build has enough moving pieces as it is.

- Dragonbreath Archer 17 and Sorcerer 23.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 18 hit points and a grand total of 715 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 32.
- +1 DC for exploding flames to 38.
- +1 CL for SLAs.
- Gains 25th level sorcerer spellcasting. This is another 10th and 11th level spell per day and another 11th level spell known. Amaryl goes with Sunlance.
- All saves rise by 1.
- A feat! Ignore Material Components(SO23) is the feat.

Decent level. Nothing huge but it's a solid advancement level. Amaryl's still the mobile sniper we all know and hope she doesn't drop 500 points of damage on us in one round because that stuff hurts.

- Updated Amaryl's build chart.
- Amaryl's node goal is tentatively good, she needs to talk to Seira about it IC soon. Note to self/Cor.
- Updated Amaryl's spoiler block.

Spells
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Lady Sanzha reaches level 38.

Quick check, does she need to multiclass? No, she's running madalani now.

- Marid 38 and Madalani 14.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a toal of 22 hit points and a grand total of 872 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 38.
- Drench rises by 1 to +38.
- DC of channel elements rises by 1 to 42.
- +1 spell resistance to 53 total.
- Temp HP from Melody of Water rises by 1.
- Inspire Courage rises by 1 and becomes 2 after math, for 22 total.
- +1 CL for SLAs.
- Gains 36th level bard spellcasting. This is 1 11th and 1 12th spell per day and 1 11th and 1 12th spell known. That's up to 2 of each thanks to Eldritch Knowledge. The 12th level spells are Beauty Triumphant and Mass Regenerate. The 11th level spells more troubling since she has 2 from last level as well for 4 total. Any suggestions for spells, everyone? I'll see if anyone has any ideas for bard spells to work with.
- All saves rises by 1.

Okay level, pending spells. She wants more HP soon, Imix showed she should beef up her defenses a bit further over time. However, that's mostly that you faced a foe a bit out of your normal range rather than any flaw of Sanzha's. Between that an HP boost makes the most sense and is easiest.

- Updated Sanzha's build chart.
- Sanzha's node goal is good. This should come up early in resumption of play.
- Updated Sanzha's spoiler block.
<Afina> Forever.