News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

The Becklee powers aren't going in the collection yet, they'll go in when she's done.

Changes: Formatting and style.

Learn the Past
Divination
Level: Brd 10, Sor/Wiz 13
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Personal
Area: 150ft radius, centered on you
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell was developed as an improvement and alternative to hindsight and works in a similar fashion.

When you cast this spell, you gain a general idea of the events of the past, stretching back 1,000 years per caster level. You notice only noteworthy events, such as deaths, battles, scenes of great emotion, important discoveries and significant happenings.

You may also focus this spell on a specified time. When casting the spell in this manner, you must specify a number of years ago. The spell will then give you detailed knowledge of the people, conversations and events that transpired within one century per caster level of the year you chose.

Changes: Formatting and style.

Learn Knowledge
Divination
Level: Brd 11. Sor/Wiz 12
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

When you cast this spell, you must state what you wish to know. When you complete the spell, you touch the creature and all the knowledge that creature has about that particular subject is gained by you permanently. The subject cannot falsify any of these memories knowingly, but if they have had their memory altered then you will not necessarily know the difference, unless you are aware factually of such a thing being untrue.

Material Component

Two stones tied on each end of a string.

Changes. Formatting and style. Removed the conjuration school and the healing subschool.

Life of Sacrifice
Abjuration (Good)
Level: Sanctified 12
Components: V, S, Sacrifice
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Target: Living creature touched
Duration: 1 round/level

This spell empowers an ally with the power of your own sacrifice. You lose all but 1 of your hit points, and the creature touched gains temporary Hit Points equal to your maximum hit points up to half their maximum hit points. They also gain a +14 sacred bonus to attack and damage rolls, armor class and saving throws. Their weapons are also empowered with the holy power property.

Sacrifice

All but 1 of your current hit points.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Life of Sacrifice and Learn The Past added to the collection. Learn Knowledge is not, realized a mechanical issue on that so I'll untangle that in a little while.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Learn Knowledge
Divination
Level: Brd 11. Sor/Wiz 12

When you cast this spell, you must state what you wish to know. When you complete the spell, you touch the creature and all the knowledge that creature is aware of about that particular subject is gained by you. The subject cannot falsify any of this information knowingly, but if they have had their memory altered then you will not necessarily know the difference, unless you are aware factually of such a thing being untrue. This spell does not allow you to gain ranks in any skill by using it.

Material Component: Two stones tied on each end of a string.

I did some hemming and hawing about this one, but ultimately decided that there's no real "reason" for it to be worse just because it's a strong spell. I'm sure evil bad dudes already have variants of this anyway, so whatever, may as well go for something interesting.

Anastasia

<Ebiris> Epic version of animate objects.

Note for self.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Iddy> Oh, I dunno... Maybe something like popping up walls topped with like barbed wire or the like so you can't just fly away. Caster knows or determines the layout and section sizes, if you fly you get entangled/shredded for whatever per round. Something to keep things from just bashing through walls.

More notes.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

This is probably bad and sucks and there's probably a reason there are no spells that are "partial force"

Sonic Rupture
Evocation [Sonic, Force]
Level: Brd 13, Sor/Wiz 15
Range: 100 ft.
Radius: Cone-shaped burst
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial

You reave the very air in front of you, causing sonic and force energies to mix and rupture into something that spills out forward into a cone and devastates those caught in it. This spell does 30d6 damage, half of the damage is sonic and half is force. Creatures within the cone of this spell are permanently deafened and silenced by the sheer destruction of sound it causes. In addition, all creatures affected by this spell are pushed back 10 ft. per caster level and are Slowed, as if by the spell. Creatures that succeed on a Fortitude save only take half damage, are dazed rather than slowed, and are deafened for only 1d5 rounds. Creatures within 10ft of the caster of this spell receive -30 to their saving throw.

Anastasia

Posted Becklee in C&M. I'll move her powers over in the morning. Your spell gets looked over in the morning too, Moore.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Pyrodryads continue to be scary. That is all.  This came from Iddy's suggestion last night.

Simmer's Lava Wall
Conjuration (Creation) [Earth, Fire]
Level: Sor/Wiz 11
Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/level)
Effect: Wall whose area is up to one 10ft square/level
Duration: 10 min/level
Saving Throw: See text

This spell is similar to wall of stone and functions as that spell. However, if a creature touches the wall or the wall takes damage, it instantly collapses into a large wave of molten lava. This wave goes 50ft in all directions from the wall and immerses creatures in lava, which deals 20d6 points of fire damage. One round after this, any lava created by the spell instantly and fully cools, which can trap immersed creatures in newly formed stone. A Reflex save halves the damage.

A creature trapped in stone by this spell is unable to move and is at risk of suffocation. As a full round action, a Strength check (DC equals your caster level) allows a trapped creature to escape. Otherwise, they are trapped until the spell's duration expires, at which time the stone from the spell vanishes.

The magic of this spell detects ethereal or ghostly creatures, which trigger the wall's collapse. The lava from this spell can affect such creatures as if they were fully corporeal and the stone from this spell can trap such creatures, who cannot pass through it. They are trapped until the spell's duration expires.

Material Components

A stone chip and a bit of ash.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Second spell for the morning. Feeling out higher level spells, this may change obviously.

Saint's Mercy
Conjuration (Creation, Healing)
Level: Clr 18, Hlr 18
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: 1 mile/level radius centered on yourself
Effect: See text

Your invocation of saint's mercy provides every living creature within the range the following benefits:

- They are cleansed of all dirt and grime, as well as cured of all diseases. They heal hit points equal to a day's bed rest.
- A set of clothing, plain but tailored to each creature, appears before them.
- Enough food and water for three meals also appears before them. The food and water provided by this spell is equivalent to a create food and water spell, though you can choose exactly how it appears. The originator of this spell is said to have favored grapes and clear spring water. Plain cups and jugs for the water are also provided.

The objects created by this spell are permanent and not subject to dispel, though they wear out or rot as normal.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on May 10, 2021, 10:19:22 PM
Learn Knowledge
Divination
Level: Brd 11, Sor/Wiz 12

When you cast this spell, you must state what you wish to know. When you complete the spell, you touch the creature and all the knowledge that creature is aware of about that particular subject is gained by you. The subject cannot falsify any of this information knowingly, but if they have had their memory altered then you will not necessarily know the difference, unless you are aware factually of such a thing being untrue. This spell does not allow you to gain ranks in any skill by using it.

Material Component

Two stones tied on each end of a string.

A few style changes have been made but we'll give that a shot, see how it works.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

The above spell plus Becklee's spells are now in the collection.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on May 11, 2021, 12:21:00 AM
This is probably bad and sucks and there's probably a reason there are no spells that are "partial force"

Sonic Rupture
Evocation [Sonic, Force]
Level: Brd 13, Sor/Wiz 15
Range: 100 ft.
Radius: Cone-shaped burst
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial

You reave the very air in front of you, causing sonic and force energies to mix and rupture into something that spills out forward into a cone and devastates those caught in it. This spell does 30d6 damage, half of the damage is sonic and half is force. Creatures within the cone of this spell are permanently deafened and silenced by the sheer destruction of sound it causes. In addition, all creatures affected by this spell are pushed back 10 ft. per caster level and are Slowed, as if by the spell. Creatures that succeed on a Fortitude save only take half damage, are dazed rather than slowed, and are deafened for only 1d5 rounds. Creatures within 10ft of the caster of this spell receive -30 to their saving throw.

It's a weird spell, no argument there. But uh, 1d5 rounds? -30 to the saving throw? Uh.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Its what I get for making it at 11pm, really.

I had honestly just intended to say that creatures within 5-10 feet of the caster don't get a saving throw at all due to the fact that they're... you know, right in front of the effect.

I'm honestly also fine just removing the damage from it entirely and making it more into a crowd control type of spell.

As for the save versus deafened part, it's one of those things that I have no real framework for - I guess Greater Shout is 4d6 and half of that if you save, but... I dunno, saying "you're only deafened for 10d6 rounds" or something is kind of weird.

Anastasia

No spells this morning, have a few things to do.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

A wild spell draft appears!

Dragon's Hoard
Transmutation
Level: Dragon 12
Area: 100ft/level radius emanation
Duration: 1 round/level

Your carrying capacity increases by a factor of 10, and anything you carry is considered a light load. As a full-round action, any unattended item or items you are able to carry within the radius of this spell can be collected into your hoard and converted into tattoos that line your arms. As a swift action, you are able to project any single object from this hoard within the spell's radius. If the projected object appears without support, it will fall when gravity takes hold of it. A full-round action is required to expel the entire hoard into a designated place within the spell's radius. Only inanimate objects are subject to this spell. Casting this spell before its duration resets the duration of the previous casting.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake