News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Please rank the following in order of interest and desire to see. No ties, please.

- Node goals.
- Realm updates.
- Exploring the faith/worshipers.
- Miscellaneous background work such as realm details and faith organization.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on November 15, 2021, 02:20:23 PM
Please rank the following in order of interest and desire to see. No ties, please.

- Node goals.
- Realm updates.

- Realm updates.
- Node goals.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Ebiris

- Realm updates.
- Node goals.

Honestly I'm not that fussed about any of them. Realm updates is probably the one most relevant towards building towards the final battles, but the realm stuff got backburnered for a while so is already obsolete and would take more work to get it up to date never mind relevant for fighting Shar.

Node goals are pretty much irrelevant with the stripped down cast. The other two things are fluff... but I like fluff?

Nephrite

- Realm updates.
- Node goals.

Corwin

- Realm updates.
- Node goals.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

RESULTS

1st: Realm updates.
2nd: Miscellaneous background work such as realm details and faith organization.
3rd: Exploring the faith/worshipers.
4th: Node goals.

Alright then, this will be reflected in future posts.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

This book, recovered by an unknown spy and cultist, is a rambling analysis of a handful of the new faiths born from and related to the Godsrush.

Lady Sanzha

Zahsim.

Lower threat but dangerous. Spread out and highly varied. Case by case basis. Avoid intrigue and suberfuge when possible. Simple, bold assassinations best when small problem. When bigger, long term investment to out maneuver them. More likely to be a single or small group problem. Avoid provoking the entire faith and surgical removal of a few potentially possible.

AVOID WATER. Obvious. Fight them on dry land if possible. Air threat but less so.

Be adaptable. Faith is disparate. Don't be afraid to use reliable servants and carefully trim down numbers. Like other chaotic faiths in that regard. Consider if best to allow to leave and move on. Not all travelers, though.

Beware of Cauldron reinforcements. Expected and the biggest complication. Servants of the Coral Throne potentially hostile, use against Zahsim. Same for Imix's, but far less likely after recent events. Imix's faith in defensive holding pattern. Expect it to change if you provide an easy opportunity to them?

Odds of good plunder from them due to wealth and focus of faith. Doesn't apply to elementals.

Ultimately, don't overblow the threat and like a wave, it may be best to let it move on or dash itself against the shore than breaking it yourself.

Jessica Reynes

Jessites. DUMB NAME.

Shadow bitches. Somewhat ineffective. Have to be. Lacks the killer instinct of dogai, of any of the 'loths really, of glooms, of almost any other creature of shadows. Best eliminated by the destruction of their hidden temples.

Beat them by making them come out from the shadows, something they have to stop. Direct violence. Wanton murder. They care. They'll surrender their strength if they feel it needed. Expect support from her sister's and friends. May need to eliminate them first, likely while a counter assassination is made against you. May not work in more entrenched and supported areas. Persistent pressure. Like lancing bad blood from a body.

Main danger reactive. Do not let them rule shadows. Don't rely on shadows. Force them into light!

Strike and eliminate any known clergy in their public life, if possible. Only do when enough can be done that it's worth it. Too early and it tips hand, leads to potentially costly reprisals. Use divinations, expect wards and counters.

Longer term, poison the faith. Strike families of faithful. Hurt them if you can't kill them. Repeat history with that.

Beware Night Avengers. Use light against instincts, deprive them of shadows to use?

Sylvie

Secret, not widely known that she is divine. Plot? Plan? History largely unknown and unknowable to magic. No known faith. Puppet of Oghma? Plot between Celestia and Oghma? Aurora? More details needed.

Attack the mind. Destroy the mind. Use overwhelming force resourcefulness can't overcome. Servants unclear? New creatures? Mortals? Archons don't fit. Not enough known.

Has son in Hope's Landing. Little information available. No sign son is divine. Son is powerful despite childhood. Inhuman? Not human? Unknown. Child of Hebdomad member? Of Hope's Landing? Supposedly mortal child. Not believable. Triad's child? Simply not known. Ties to Balmuria and the Crimson Guard? Tied to Hellman Oberuth's departure of Balmuria? Potentially his child? Oghma's?

Ties to mercenary group Whimsical Sweets?

Avoid. Situation entirely unknown. Observe.

Jarem

Jaremites (?).

Not well established yet. Mostly strategies and tacticians. Smart but flip the table. Don't play the game, punch them in the face instead. Make them react and make mistakes. Use surpise attack to take initiative and never let it go. Strong, directed effort to force mistakes and a victory. Don't let them get in a position to use their strategic and tactical skills.

Same strategies as dealing with those of the Red Knight applies. Very similar thus far.

Expect mage backup. Standard means to stop wizards should work. If not possible do not engage.

Use lack of establishment. Uproot them, make them move or get wiped out.

BLOCK DIVINATIONS. Strategy priests, expect divinations.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Today's question:

What are a handful of divine relations you have that you'd like your group to improve on? Existing or new are both fine.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Iron Dragoon

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 27, 2021, 05:38:40 PM
Lliira, Crystalle, Mystra.

Makes sense for all three.

I recall you had an interaction or two with Lliira. Was there anything about that interaction that popped to you?

As far as Crystalle goes, you have a strong and close friendship with him by now. What's your aims there?

Mystra I'd just like to hear your thoughts towards that one in general.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 27, 2021, 06:31:24 PM
Shaundakul, Red Knight, and Mystra.

Sensible.

Shaundakul makes good sense for obvious reasons. Is there any sort of goal or aim you have for that?

As far as the Red Knight goes, do you generally mean through Jarem or a more one on one matter?

Finally, Mystra's popular today. What draws you towards interest in her?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on November 27, 2021, 10:09:45 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on November 27, 2021, 05:38:40 PM
Lliira, Crystalle, Mystra.

Makes sense for all three.

I recall you had an interaction or two with Lliira. Was there anything about that interaction that popped to you?

As far as Crystalle goes, you have a strong and close friendship with him by now. What's your aims there?

Mystra I'd just like to hear your thoughts towards that one in general.

The last time they spoke was when she more or less congratulated him for growing as much as he had. I think Moore wants to talk to her again to show her how he's progressed into his own sphere of things, and isn't just another "copy" of what she does.

Crystalle I think Moore would just like to learn more about the crystals he had that could clearly communicate even though they may have just been inanimate objects. Beyond that, he'd also just like to cultivate more of a relationship with him and the denizens of Mineral, since Celestia is actually a perfect place for them to trade with since they see no intrinsic value in what Mineral's minerals (hah) represent.

Mystra Moore would just like to talk to her more about what having the magic domain actually entails and better understand how he'd fit into things with Dweomerheart in general.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on November 27, 2021, 10:10:38 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 27, 2021, 06:31:24 PM
Shaundakul, Red Knight, and Mystra.

Sensible.

Shaundakul makes good sense for obvious reasons. Is there any sort of goal or aim you have for that?

Not specifically, but I'd like to offer a haven for his followers and see if I can't help him expand his worship base. He personally doesn't care much about it, and they're not really organized, but hey, he was my original patron, so I wanna help him out. He's also one of the oldest deities around, so he's *sure* to know a lot of things others don't.

Quote from: Anastasia on November 27, 2021, 10:10:38 PMAs far as the Red Knight goes, do you generally mean through Jarem or a more one on one matter?

More one on one. Jarem's going to be doing his own thing eventually, and I already have a strong connection to him, but she's more of a friend of a friend right now, and she was my second patron, so I wanna make that more real.

Quote from: Anastasia on November 27, 2021, 10:10:38 PMFinally, Mystra's popular today. What draws you towards interest in her?

Fellow magic deities, mainly. I already started to make inroads by having her people come and teach at the academy. She and her people have a ton of knowledge and theory on magic that my people don't yet, so she can help bolster that. On top of that, I figure magic deities should stick together.

Ebiris

I guess for team Alicia we'd want stuff with Garl Glittergold since he's Marie's buddy and Selune for the Shar sister gossip.

Maybe some local NG Elysium deities since they're our new neighbours but I don't have a specific lean there and domestic stuff like that probably doesn't merit much focus if we're tightening things up to rush the endgame.