DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

I think elven pantheon and the elemental powers for me, group-wise. While I maintain good relations with a lot of powers, those are the ones I'm most involved with. As for personally, Waukeen alongside with Carl Glittergold (obviously).

I don't mind being surprised by a fun deity, either.

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

QuoteThe last time they spoke was when she more or less congratulated him for growing as much as he had. I think Moore wants to talk to her again to show her how he's progressed into his own sphere of things, and isn't just another "copy" of what she does.

So a sense of independence and growth? That makes sense, if for no other reason than to stand apart as an equal rather than be suborned as a servant. Not that Lliira generally would.

QuoteCrystalle I think Moore would just like to learn more about the crystals he had that could clearly communicate even though they may have just been inanimate objects. Beyond that, he'd also just like to cultivate more of a relationship with him and the denizens of Mineral, since Celestia is actually a perfect place for them to trade with since they see no intrinsic value in what Mineral's minerals (hah) represent.

I think that's not precisely true. I'd say any archon with enough intelligence to think it over - any besides lantern archons probably - would come to more or less the correct conclusion. Namely that while the riches in Mineral would have some value, they don't need them or desire them. That's an important distinction. They have their own if they truly need precious metals and gems, and even if they didn't, it doesn't justify them taking what Mineral wishes to keep.

But you're also right. At the end of the day trade for Celestia's never about profit in coins or goods. A genuine, established trade there would be of great value. Not for whatever's trade it, they could trade rock dust and old socks for all the archons care. The ability to get a foothold in Mineral and be able to trade ideas is far more important. Were Crystalle and Mineral brought closer to righteousness, the true profit from that would be incalculable.

QuoteMystra Moore would just like to talk to her more about what having the magic domain actually entails and better understand how he'd fit into things with Dweomerheart in general.

Fair enough. Some of Mystra's best scenes are talking about that or about herself, away from all the demands of divinity, to Alicia. There's absolutely room for that.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

QuoteNot specifically, but I'd like to offer a haven for his followers and see if I can't help him expand his worship base. He personally doesn't care much about it, and they're not really organized, but hey, he was my original patron, so I wanna help him out. He's also one of the oldest deities around, so he's *sure* to know a lot of things others don't.

Sure, that's all reasonable. To a degree this would happen by nature since you're both subsets of the Gates of the Moon, but a greater degree of understanding and cooperation there would be beneficial to both sides. He's up there in age too, he's one of the original ones. Tastes of what you can get out of them come from some of the little gossip bits Waukeen and Mystra have let drop. Erathaol to a lesser degree, but his nature tends to be conservatively careful with what information he gives (and is overseen by Zaphkiel, who absolutely has an interest in Moore's development).

A good example is are the segments recorded here.

QuoteMore one on one. Jarem's going to be doing his own thing eventually, and I already have a strong connection to him, but she's more of a friend of a friend right now, and she was my second patron, so I wanna make that more real.

That makes sense. Better to be a friend rather than a friend of a close friend. Good, solid sense there.

QuoteFellow magic deities, mainly. I already started to make inroads by having her people come and teach at the academy. She and her people have a ton of knowledge and theory on magic that my people don't yet, so she can help bolster that. On top of that, I figure magic deities should stick together.

Reasonable all around. Mystra's in a position that she's absolutely in control of the Weave. This lets her be a bit more hands off with other deities who claim magic than deities who have to deal with that in other fields. She doesn't need to go full court press over it, because it's nigh impossible someone could steal her Incarnation granted duties and powers, and even if they did, such an event would almost certainly get Incarnation attention immediately.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on November 28, 2021, 09:46:35 AM
I guess for team Alicia we'd want stuff with Garl Glittergold since he's Marie's buddy and Selune for the Shar sister gossip.

Maybe some local NG Elysium deities since they're our new neighbours but I don't have a specific lean there and domestic stuff like that probably doesn't merit much focus if we're tightening things up to rush the endgame.

Garl's sensible and was on the agenda anyway, so that fits well. I gave him some offscreen time because, to put it bluntly, he had a lot of stuff to sort out and deal with. He's about due to come back in focus further now that he's had a bit of time to deal with some of it. As much as he can anyway, really fixing that is the work of more eons than I can easily reckon.

Selune also makes sense for a variety of reasons. I think you know them so I won't rehash them here.

As far as the last, I agree but it's probably relatively minor for now. There's a good possibility an adventure or two of yours will involve them, so it's certainly something to keep an eye on. We'll see how events begin to unfold as adventures are handed out.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 28, 2021, 02:22:04 PM
I think elven pantheon and the elemental powers for me, group-wise. While I maintain good relations with a lot of powers, those are the ones I'm most involved with. As for personally, Waukeen alongside with Carl Glittergold (obviously).

I don't mind being surprised by a fun deity, either.

Latter two make a lot of sense. Garl I already touched on but Waukeen is obvious. I enjoy how she treats you, sort of one part friend and one part niece to dote on. It's a fun relationship all around, one that's a bit removed from how you might expect her to act. It's nice to see her let her hair down a little, since only other deities generally see that part of her. Most just know her as a face on gold coins at best.

As far as the elven and elemental pantheons, anyone in particular there for the sake of narrowing it down? There's a lot of names there so if you have particular interests that would really help me focus my efforts.

I assume Kossuth's on the list due to plot reasons, or at least a working relationship with the trouble the Crimson Firebrand's raising.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Kossuth and Zaaman Rul are obvious due to plot. I like Chan!

Elves... from the Seldarine, I do have ties to Hanali and somewhat recently met Labelas who was nice. Corellon isn't bad!

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 29, 2021, 05:15:41 AM
Kossuth and Zaaman Rul are obvious due to plot. I like Chan!

Elves... from the Seldarine, I do have ties to Hanali and somewhat recently met Labelas who was nice. Corellon isn't bad!

Those all work, thanks.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Today's question: Are there any particular treasures, items or shin y things you'd like to get your hands on?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on November 29, 2021, 09:22:25 PM
Today's question: Are there any particular treasures, items or shin y things you'd like to get your hands on?

It's difficult to answer this since B6 has such a depth of custom-created things and we've moved past all the Magic Item Compendium stuff. Nonetheless, I'd say the following:

The actual other pieces of the Syllen set, especially to see what Will can do when all of them are together to potentially enhance them.

I think it'd be cool if Moore got his own Artifact at some point. A lot of the long-time deities have something (which makes sense, obviously) or can be assumed to have something on that level.

It's difficult to come up with anything else without knowing what items other folks have that I may not know about, but those are pretty good options anyway.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on November 29, 2021, 09:22:25 PMToday's question: Are there any particular treasures, items or shin y things you'd like to get your hands on?

I think Neph kind of said it; I don't think I have a 'set' of anything beyond my crown, and none of the loot I've come across has ever really 'jumped out' at me, so to speak, so I'd have to go with Neph here and say a general Artifact that helps define/represent/boost a key portion of her power/place/status is all that really comes to mind.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Metamagic, both lowering costs and perhaps new options.

Also, something to actually drop divine magic (cleric style, now that there's no cleric). I've always missed not being able to grant spells and miracles more directly, using arcane spells as substitutes felt on the fake side for that.

Ebiris

I mean I'm pretty happy with my stuff and I've got Latha handy to make artifacts on demand.

A giant anti-Shar fighting robot would be nice.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 29, 2021, 09:49:05 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on November 29, 2021, 09:22:25 PM

It's difficult to answer this since B6 has such a depth of custom-created things and we've moved past all the Magic Item Compendium stuff. Nonetheless, I'd say the following:

The actual other pieces of the Syllen set, especially to see what Will can do when all of them are together to potentially enhance them.

I think it'd be cool if Moore got his own Artifact at some point. A lot of the long-time deities have something (which makes sense, obviously) or can be assumed to have something on that level.

It's difficult to come up with anything else without knowing what items other folks have that I may not know about, but those are pretty good options anyway.

Okay, seems reasonable.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 29, 2021, 10:11:46 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on November 29, 2021, 09:22:25 PMToday's question: Are there any particular treasures, items or shin y things you'd like to get your hands on?

I think Neph kind of said it; I don't think I have a 'set' of anything beyond my crown, and none of the loot I've come across has ever really 'jumped out' at me, so to speak, so I'd have to go with Neph here and say a general Artifact that helps define/represent/boost a key portion of her power/place/status is all that really comes to mind.

I can keep 'your own artifact' in mind, sure. I'll talk to you about it closer to the date.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 30, 2021, 01:02:57 AM
Metamagic, both lowering costs and perhaps new options.

Also, something to actually drop divine magic (cleric style, now that there's no cleric). I've always missed not being able to grant spells and miracles more directly, using arcane spells as substitutes felt on the fake side for that.

Elaborate on what 'drop divine magic' means here?
<Afina> Forever.